No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +20.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ARRRRRRRG
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author ARRRRRRRG
warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-17 14:26   
erm, just a question...it is still ok to use one flux right...without people getting upset?

i just used one in mv and emmidiatelly i was called a lame fluxer....that's what the weapon is made for, using right?

i understand that many of them used is a bit...you know, but one, come on=)

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-17 20:00   
the whole thing is stupid. they got no problem using banks of disruptors which tear down sheilds in less than half a second, and they also have no problem usinf masses of fighters and torpedoes which bog down the server and do ample damage respectively. the only reason most of them are pissed at "Fluxers" is because they are on the reciving end of it, and dislike the feeling of helplessness.

it's a common reaction in warfare; ages ago Cavalry was seen as unneeded, they belived that Heavily armoured Hoplite infantry would be the only way to win a battle. then Alexander showed up with his Companion Cavalry, and although he still used Hoplites, he used his Cavalry as the sword, while the Infantry was the sheild.

then in the middle ages, Archers, namely Longbows, were seen as horrid cheaters. they could strike from yards away, and in numbers, they could turn the tides of a battle with only a few quick salvos. the fact that they were all effectively serfs frustrated the nobles that much more. it got to the point where captured archers were routinely mutilated so they could never operate a bow again. this usually entailed cutting off the index and middle finger of the right hand. in fact, that's where the "One Fingered salute," or the English equivalent came from; Archers would display the gesture after a battle to show that their fingers were still attached. it was, and still is, the most profound show of defiance in western society.

and so, until i am forced to, i will continue to use the Flux wave in the most effective fasion. and will display that my proverbial fingers are still attached.

BackAlley
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-18 10:15   
Quote:

On 2005-04-15 11:13, Captain_Savage wrote:
what about torpedoes?

those things are deadly when you have a whole bunch of them, people are always abusing themby shooting them at their enemies, and only twn or twlve good salvos kill! they should all stop spamming torps and fight like honorable people! nobody needs more than one torpedo! NERF THE ASSAULT CRUISER!

also, the sensor frigate has too many ECCM slots! they can see right through the k'luth cloaks with ease! NERF THE ECCM!

and the tomatoe! always covering up the flavor of the lettuce! no sandwach needs tomatoe! NERF THE TOMATOE!

LMAO

Email BackAlley   Goto the website of BackAlley
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-04-18 13:05   
We understand flux is overpowered. But unfortunately you just have to learn to play with it and how to avoid being fluxed. It's really not that hard.
Stay 250gu away and you are safe. Dreads and cruisers aren't the best ships to fly. Once you try out some of the destroyers you wil lrealise that flux is no longer such a problem as you can avoid those ships that tend to carry lots of it.

Anyway. I am locking this thread as it has already been a nice flamefest, is played out and benefits from no further discussion.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2005-04-18 13:07 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.012992 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR