No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » IFF : Friend or Foe?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author IFF : Friend or Foe?
Obiwan Kenobi
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-16 22:39   
myself and another player in here had a little discussion about the idea of the temporary alliances..

our idea was to give the fleet leaders or clan leaders a button option that would allow them to change the iff status of another fleet. say for example... esf and myth wanted a temp alliance... the leaders of the two clans could click the button and poof all are green

however if and/or when one faction decided it was time to break the alliance then when they click their button to go back enemy both sides would automatically revert to the original way they were...eg, icc and ugto have temp alliance, icc click button and break alliance, ugto's button also turns off.

this could be made to where when iff is green then the planets of that faction would also be friendly and vice versa

kinda hard to explain but let me know what ya think bout it and also im not sure where this idea would fall under so plz correct me if im putting it in the wrong place

Email Obiwan Kenobi
WinterRose
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-16 22:52   
Though I DO like this idea..

The thing that comes to me is that Palestar doesn't want to force anyone into a alliance, if the old news item states..

Email WinterRose
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-16 22:59   
I like the idea but I do agree that alliances should be personal things, nothing forced.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-16 23:06   
The best way I can see to do something like this is to do it at a fleet level not at the faction level eg: Wolf/GTN alliance (heaven forbid)

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-04-16 23:44   
Yes.

(Whoh short post alert.)

-Ent

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-17 00:00   
My god ent..was that...1 syllable? three letters?! Not even a complete sentance?!!!

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-17 01:08   
Got spam?

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Sleepin
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-04-17 01:17   
Spam is da debil...

I like the idea, but I have to throw my hat in with the others here. Forced alliance it would be, and not for me

Vice Admiral Sleepin -KES-

Sven
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-17 03:09   
Forced alliance? I'd rather eat my speakers, mouse, keyboard, and a flaming monitor than be forced to ally with someone. I'd just be like an aggressive whiney CS player and TK everyone.. Ahem.. I like being free!

Sven Viking: Dynamiting himself to pieces since 5/30/2003!

Placebo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-17 06:47   
Quote:

On 2005-04-17 03:09, Sven Viking wrote:
Forced alliance? I'd rather eat my speakers, mouse, keyboard, and a flaming monitor than be forced to ally with someone. I'd just be like an aggressive whiney CS player and TK everyone.. Ahem.. I like being free!

I must agree...

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-04-17 11:26   
Quote:

On 2005-04-16 22:39, The Event Horizon wrote:

our idea was to give the fleet leaders or clan leaders a button option that would allow them to change the iff status of another fleet. say for example... esf and myth wanted a temp alliance... the leaders of the two clans could click the button and poof all are green

however if and/or when one faction decided it was time to break the alliance then when they click their button to go back enemy both sides would automatically revert to the original way they were...eg, icc and ugto have temp alliance, icc click button and break alliance, ugto's button also turns off.

this could be made to where when iff is green then the planets of that faction would also be friendly and vice versa

What he means you clueless people, is the Fleet that has agreed to the alliance, which is NOT the entire faction, would turn green for the enemy fleet which has ALSO agreed to the alliance. It does NOT force any other fleet outside that alliance to turn green as well.This is merely an agreement between two fleets, NOT factions, to not shoot at each other

Context clues people, ya learned them in 4th grade...

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: The [Evil] Enterprise on 2005-04-17 11:28 ]

Placebo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-17 11:48   
Quote:

On 2005-04-17 11:26, The [Evil] Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-04-16 22:39, The Event Horizon wrote:

What he means you clueless people, is the Fleet that has agreed to the alliance, which is NOT the entire faction, would turn green for the enemy fleet which has ALSO agreed to the alliance. It does NOT force any other fleet outside that alliance to turn green as well.This is merely an agreement between two fleets, NOT factions, to not shoot at each other

Context clues people, ya learned them in 4th grade...

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: The [Evil] Enterprise on 2005-04-17 11:28 ]

Yes, but the chances of an entire fleet agreeing to an alliance are not really that high... and would happen on a very rare basis, if at all.

Obiwan Kenobi
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-17 13:33   
well then we also considered making it a button where the individual could do it.. say for those nights or days when one faction is slow and the others are busy and you dont want to switch teams then you could click the tab and voila u stay in your own modded ships or whatnot and can still team up with the other faction

Email Obiwan Kenobi
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-17 16:22   
I have an idea.

Two fleets want to ally.

Fleet leaders agree to ally each other... set each other's fleets to Allied.

In game, people from allied fleets will show up with purple (or whatever color, but something distinctive like purple).

These allied ships wouldn't come up when you use the Target Nearest Enemy command, but you could still shoot them if you wanted to, without it being against the RoC.

To sum up: Just a different target indicator color to tell you that you're supposed to be allied with that fleet. Simple.

If we get some kinda new diplomacy system, faction leaders could do this with the entire faction (which might be yet a different color from fleet alliances).

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2005-04-17 16:23 ]

Email Bobamelius
Obiwan Kenobi
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-17 17:52   
nice idea bob i like that even better.

Email Obiwan Kenobi
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.035787 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR