No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +18.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » planetary shields
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author planetary shields
Hybok
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-17 11:36   
Usually im not one to complain about this game but ive noticed the ICC in newbie are begining to use lots of shields on planets and this makes it unfair to those who cant use them due to not being ICC and their engies running before death.The other thing is that its next to impossible to get by these shields as UGTO as you cant get enough bombs going to break through and hit the planet so i was wondering if maybe planetary shields could somehow be blocked in newbie just to allow people to actually be able to bomb and damage a planet.

[ This Message was edited by: hybok on 2005-04-17 11:36 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-04-17 11:53   
I agree with this one. It's one reason I play as ICC when I go newbie. They have shield and mirvs. Build enough 'racks and just 2 shields, and in newbie, Kluth and UGTO are helpless. They can't get enough down to overpower the shield.

Also, I know that when I get shield up on my sy, it's good to go for the duration, unless something boneheaded happens.

Shield in newbie is a little too advantageous. They still have the pulse shield. That should be enough, as that's more than anyone else has got.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Obiwan Kenobi
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-17 13:35   
i thought bio bombs bypassed shields... they would counteract them and therefore still balance it

Email Obiwan Kenobi
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-17 13:49   
No...

Hybok has 3600 planet damage
Azreal has 39000 planet damage

Notice the two people wanting this shouldnt be bombing in newbie anyways?

Just a heads up, because of all the higher ranked players that have been abusing newbie to get easy points, we are turning back off pres gain in newbie for those over the Lt Commander rank...

We turned it on because many vets said they wanted incentive to help new players learn. Instead may upper ranked players are basicly exploiting it to get higher stats.

You guys abused it, and are loosing it... Keep up the good work gang...

Email Tael
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-17 14:16   
Yay for Tael!...I only build in the nub, becuase I have nothing else to do..I do think their is an imbalance for the planet defenses for the noobie..Ive watched many newbie bombers try and bring down ICC shields, only to die and loose press...

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-17 14:17   
Ahhh! Thank you!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-04-17 15:03   
Good Idea Tael but I have a question....

With all the problems with the GA/FA Server... (IMHO if you are a FA/GA you should be kicking butt in MV) I would like to ask if something particular could be done to help out the Newbies before they make the Big Jump to MV.

IF I understand correctly the Newbie Server is locked to Lt. Commander, meaning once you reach this level you cannot go above it or gain access to any ship above the Lt. Commander rank.

I remember a day when there was a Captain and Admiral server. Now I am not asking to bring back those servers, considering the bandwidth and CPU usage, which would accompany the servers.

My question is this... Would it be too hard to raise the Maximum Rank of the Newbie Server to Commander or even Captain? The benefits would be twofold.

#1) It would allow the Newbies to not only experience a wider variety of ships and subsequently more ability to do things but would allow more competition between the Newbies.

#2) By promoting the above competition we would also provide a better prepared gamer for the expanses of the MultiVerse in General.

Now this very well may be a dead horse but, in my opinion, it would make a more rounded, well-balanced player for MultiVerse.

Thank You for your time and consideration,

Rocko

BTW.... I am HOME in the USA Tomorrow!!

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-04-17 15:16   
Bonus Prestige 464

#1. That's what I have made in newbie, vs my planet damage.

#2 I was one of those vets, am one of those vets, and almost every single one of my squad were recruited IN newbie AFTER I TUTORED them on how to play. Ask.

#3. There others who have seen me in newbie, and I am either teaching or building. I build because I figure it is the more mundane part of the game, I don't mind it, and it's slow enough I get to chat and teach better. Then when I'm done, the newbies get an easy sy.

#4. The fact that I DO in fact have that much in planet damage, may mean I know just a TAD ABOUT it. That means that quite possibly I am in fact offering GOOD advice.

#5. I am one of the very few people who STARTED in MV, ALWAYS played MV, and I ONLY go in newbie when MV is slow.

Sorry if I seem to be a bit defensive, but when I merely stated support for a post, and stated why I supported it, I seem to get singled out in some attempt to show me as a newbie pres whore. Well, That is absolutely untrue, and if that was in fact your attempt, I am more than a bit offended.

And sorry, but the FACTS are in my favor here.

Az

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-17 15:49   
Thanks Tael!

Its good to know that prestige gain will once again be turned off in newbie

Hybok
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-17 16:06   
im fine with pres being off for above LC ill still go there and play as i go to play on scenario maps.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-04-17 16:36   
Or you can allow the use of any ship in newbie, but not gain prestige after a certain rank. ( such as commander or Captian) That way we can show off big ships without actually gaining anything if we decide to abuse them.

-Ent

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-17 17:22   
Then you have a bunch of luths in ganglias going around pwning people just 'cause they can.

Custom
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-17 17:23   
This problem (as many of know) wont go away till newb is merged with the MV.

the sad part in this story is that many other players like myself have petitioned over the years for some kind of press gain in newb for people who train, help and all arround Teach new players.

After posting those requests people said that it would lead to no good.

I didnt think it could get any worse in there becuse the kluth are in my view overpowerd in the Newbie Server.

When the Admins turned on the press gain, I was happy and hoped that we would gain more people.

I guess that unleashing Higher ranked players on newbs is what we got.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-17 19:07   
How would one monitor the actual training of someone in newbie to award prestige? I mean, someone could get their girlfriend or little brother into newbie on a n00b account & go in there & do everything for them then have the girlfriend/little bro say they did so many hours of training when they weren't even there.

Problem is that no matter what reward we give people will find a way to abuse it. I for one think that teaching a newbie is its own reward.

I vote no pres gain for anything over Lt Comm (or Comm or whatever it ends up being - don't think it should go to captain though) & let the players who really DO care go in there, spend their time & energy to help and train newbs and let the friendships that develop be the reward they get. Prestige be damned.

Sleepin
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-04-18 04:18   
Tael wrote:

Just a heads up, because of all the higher ranked players that have been abusing newbie to get easy points, we are turning back off pres gain in newbie for those over the Lt Commander rank...

I, for one, do not play on Newbie to get "easy points". I play on Newbie because it's fun. I personally don't care for the MV. It's already built up, it takes forever to get anywhere, and every single time I go there, I just wind up dead. Sorry, but that's no fun at all. I enjoy the fast pace of the Newb server, I enjoy the need to stay on your toes, making sure Earth dosen't cap out on tech or pop as you're building it up... fighting off hordes of bomber frigates trying to nuke you back to the stone age... etc.

If pres is turned off on the Newb server, I will make an effort to get used to the pace and playstyle of the MV. If I can't, then I guess I'll drop DS and play something else. I really enjoy DS, but I'm afraid that being forced to move to the MV will kill it for me.

The more I play DS, the more I see that it never has been anyone's goal for it to be "mainstream". The community is small, and will stay that way due to the fact that it is seen by the developers as "My game, and you'll play it the way *I* want you to play it. Like it or not, don't like it? Buh Bye."

Yes, it is your game. I am forced to play it the way you want me to play it. When it becomes unfun.... buh bye. But it's only $10, right? You don't really need my $10, that's obvious.

Let's say you do turn off pres in Newb. Do you really believe that a Commander has a snowball's chance in Hell of surviving in the MV? I think not... but it's your game, do what you will.

[ This Message was edited by: Sleepin on 2005-04-18 04:20 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025104 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR