No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Monkey steals peach
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Monkey steals peach
Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-17 20:06   
Over the past week or so, I've been toying with various weapons. the most effective, I've found(as many of you know) is
the Flux wave.

I've heard everyone talking about how the Flux wave is a "noob weapon," that it requires no skill to operate, and that anyone who uses it is a filthy cheater. In all of this, i've found why everyone seems to hate it so; it's like the metsubushi of Dark Space; people can't defend against it, and getting hit by it is usually tantamount to having salt thrown in your eyes and kicked in the groin.

This brings me to the topic of this post; fighting dirty. For the benefit of the newbies, I will discuss the use of this dreaded weapon, and how best to deploy it. none of this is difinitive, but it works.

-the Flux wave fits in the Weapon II slot, same as torpedoes and IT missiles.

-the heavy cruiser works best for flux use. although it can't hold as many flux waves as the assault cruiser, it's four cannon turrets give you a good alternative, and ensure you're not completely defenceless when your fluxes are recharging. outfit it with particle cannons as they have longer range than the psi cannons, and do more damage than the stock railguns.

-always be sure to notify people that you are going to flux prior to fluxing, and be sure all friendlies are at the Minimum Safe Distance(MSD) of 300 gu.

-the Flux works best when engaged alongside the target, as the blast will be concentrated on one side only, as opposed to being distributed across all four. this will cause a breach in their armor for you and your allies to exploit.

I will add to this school of "Flux Kun Do" as i find new tactics and tecniques.

[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Savage on 2005-04-17 20:07 ]

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-17 21:25   
Or how about not abusing something that was designed A) as a UGTO weapon and B) to be used 1 per ship & in combat ships only (as is the case with the fixed version in beta).

Just a thought...

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-18 07:44   
Are you kidding me? There is no greater joy than flying over someone with your Missile Dread and mashing 'V', then watch your enemy sit in space with no engines, and reading angry /t messages.

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-18 09:28   
I too, recently, have indulged in the joy of fluxing!!! The other day after being repeatedly fluxed by Bito, I built a 5 flux, 5 elf claw. The lamest of the lameboats!!! Sadly, Bito had logged before I could use it on him, but I was able to use it on an ICC capping force. What great fun to watch bomber dessies blow up without ever having actively targeting them!!! The best part is when you hit an ICC ship with 5 ELF, then flux on the side of his weakened shield!!! Oh the joy!!!!!

But, alas, Nim used a JC and WH'd me directly into Xi Bootis. I was really thrown for a loop when I got the messege that a star in another system had killed me because I never even saw the WH. I did deserve it for stooping to such cheap tactics though. I do see the alure of the flux now but I probably wont be using it much because it is so cheap when used en masse and so useless when used singley or even in pairs.

Chosen of Chaos{Dictor Lord}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-18 11:31   
who ever fluxs me, dies.... Alot in an extremly painful way that your mere mortal minds cannot fathom

Chosen

Mariano (peace)
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-18 12:56   
discussing various tactics for the use of flux is ok but this will not degenerate in another flux whine/banter/flame thread. if it does this thread will be locked.

have a nice day
your moderator

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-18 18:57   
exactly, this is where we discuss the streingths and weaknesses of the Flux Wave, how to best employ it, and how to best avoid it. not about "how cheap it is," or how "lame" it is. you want to bitch and moan about how you lose? then go climb a tower and proclaim from the heavans above to the pits of hell that you hate being helpless. not here.

i don't belive i've ever killed anything larger than a Frigate in my Flux boat. and even then it took two "V's." i mostly use the four Fluxes to drop the enemy's armor to 0%, then pour Particle Cannon fire into the open wound. that's how it's used. it doesn't matter how it was "intended" to be used.

i will say nothing more on this outside of tactics, any post that does not discuss the use of and defense from the Flux will get the following response from me;

V.

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-18 19:48   
I must say, I was never big on flux. When system damage was first turned on, I was completely fluxxed out of my mind. I got fluxed up, I got fluxxed sideways...every which way possibly, I was fluxed by someone.

So I went off and made the ultimate ship: A flux Assault Dread, on the premise that I would flux the enemy to death, them merely laser him into submission. Oh, what beautiful fluxing would would occur...Alas, though, I am on dial-up, and suffered from HPB syndrome. The fluxers fluxed me first. And again, I was angry...

Back at the drawing board, I figured I had to make a balanced ship to take advantage of this brand new fluxing technology. An Assault Cruiser with two flux waves and some torps was the absolute fluxing pinnacle on ICC, at least until someone decided on making a great big fluxing MD. Beautiful, white clouds of pure EMP energy were burning enemy and friendly alike in no time.

But alas, like my failures with women in real life, I couldn't seem to seal the deal in the MV either. Never could I kill anything with flux on my ship as ICC, and so I gave it up nearly as soon as it started. However, others on my faction continued this amazing fluxing tradition, and I tip my hat to the likes of mousey and $ythe.

However, as a UGTO player, I've become quite fond of the Battle Dread. But what to do with those two useless heavy weapon slots on the front? IT missiles dont hit...anything. Torps are a bit of power drain...I was left stymied, until one day it hit me: Flux them! Now, not only did I not have to worry about them drain power, aiming, or facing forward, but I had a weapon that could do a reasonable amount of hull damage so those pesky K'luth (my main fluxing enemies when flying a fluxing BD) couldn't jump out at 0 hull! Brilliant!

Recently, I have been working on a new tactic, one that will blow you fluxing heads off. It's something that only the absolute elite fluxing players can comprehend, a tactic so devilish that I dared not reveal it to anyone, anywhere. But in a post above, there was a reference to it, and now I feel it is time to let the cat out of the proverbial fluxing bad. I call it Flux and Log, and it assures that no fluxing retribution will be taken against me, for I will be sitting comfortably in the lobby. I flux all my enemies, and disappear, like a Cheeto in front of GothThugs mouth. I am the SecretFluxer, and everyone fears my fluxing tactics...

Puppies gotta die, too.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-18 19:58   
Awe, thanks for the flux reference.

/me pictures Bito yelling, "Honor is All!" as he vanishes in a cloud of blue sparkles...

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-18 20:47   
Bito rocks, the cheato in front of GT's mouth, so funny..........

Tikki
Cadet
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-04-18 21:58   
Personally, I never mount more than one if any. Mounted two on a dictor, which actually saved my butt, but it was far too limiting. I tend to think of it as a last resort weapon.

It's a great way to kill infy being dropped on a planet, too.

Commander of the Missle Cruiser 'Nevermore'

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-19 09:54   
i've also found it's a very effective means of defeating Asteroid bombing.

it's also a great way to deal with a scout that's running with ECM.

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-19 11:00   
Gonna throw my 2 cents in before this degrades to a Flame war and we have to lock it.

I too once never used Flux and hated the use of multi mounted Flux. However much like Bito (in fact I think he got his BD Idea from ME ) I use flux in place of all my Front mount weapons. 1 on the TC, 2 on the BD and EAD. I only hit the V key in 3 situations. 1) My target is under 30% hull and MAY be about to E JUMP. In which case this usually takes them out. and 2) Any and ALL Kluth Dessies or Scales instantly and on sight. MOST other ships I usually consider to be modded in any imaginable configuration but Kluth Dessies(especially the Claw) and Scale I automatically assume, Judge, jury, sentence, and execute As Flux boats. I may be wrong in some cases but ............I don't care. and finally 3) (and usually the most common) Just prior to my ships Death or Ejump (usually Death) I Pound the V key......frustration sure but what the heck.

In any event, When Beta hits release we will all have to find something else to Rant/whine/flame about.

Until then. May the Flux be with you! Because it is definitely with ME ! Muahahahaha!

Oh, and it IS great for those pesky little scouts, and INF drops. Not many small ships especially the scouts can survive the following from an EAD: J, Spacebar, Shift+Space Bar, V!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-19 13:04   
the great thing about being a rational being is that you can rationalize anything.

yeah, of course, with my cruiser, it still takes two "V's" to kill them.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-19 13:20   
OMFG Bito... You mother fluxer....

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022860 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR