No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Will you help with beta test?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Will you help with beta test?
Puny
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-21 16:17   
Sadly.. No.
My computer doth = not yet ready for the awesomeness that is 1.483!
*cries alone in a corner* I miss your Darkspace!

-Punyx

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-21 16:45   
I'll be testing if my comp is alive....

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-21 17:27   
BackSlash, Azreal, I feel I need to say this. Im sure I'll be ridiculed and yelled at and ignored, but I'd really like to get this off of my chest.

You act like youre two years old. All you do is contradict, or undercut, or piss each other off. And its not just now, its FREAKING CONSTANTLY. Take your agression somewhere else, because, and I'm going out on a limb here, everyone is sick of it. God knows I'm sick of it.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-21 17:50   
*Deep sigh*

Don't let this turn into a flame war guys.

Email Bobamelius
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-21 17:56   
Dont know why people are waiting untill the stress test to try beta....beta's up now...

Go try it!

(and Azreal...dude...I never insulted you, why insult me?...Sorry if I jumped to conclusions, It just sounded like you were going to do what you do in release, in beta...)

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-04-21 18:00 ]

Bhishma
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-21 18:10   
I would love to but honostly everytime i enter and see that i'm a midshipman i sort of just lose interest immediately. It just seems like "been there done that". Any way to start even just a tiny bit higher (dessie at least). I'll try this anyways since it's supposed to be very different.

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-21 18:16   
I'm in. Got the whole weekend off for a change, shouldn't have any problem dying many times in Beta

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-04-21 18:20   
Quote:

On 2005-04-21 15:45, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-04-21 10:11, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-04-20 22:11, Azreal wrote:
Well if it is stressing it needs, I can give it 10 pilots to stress it with, for sure, maybe more. =Wolf= is in.

Besides, I can tell it's gonna be stressful just reading this thread.

I also hope to stress you all with the elite tactics we've already developed ahead of the release from beta.

Bring it. Bring your best.

Azreal, this is a stress test, not an own everything and cap every planet so no one can get any ships, so people leave...test....

Bear in mind that, although this is a stress test, people still need to have fun to enjoy it and want to stay. Please bear that in mind before you go off capping every planet.

1. WTH are you talking about?
2. WTH are you talking about?
3. I could have very easily said "I can see it will be stressful just because the Head of Human Whine is going to be there", yet refrained. Ok, till now.
4. I look forward to your yellow screaming and howling because we are able to survive after one of your alphas. Again.
5. I look forward to watching you die as you lash out helplessly at air, swatting at flies.
6. I will not be bombing and capping anything, read the rules, know the rules, and till you actually BECOME a mod, I'd appreciate not being corrected by you in advance of some imagined offense.

Yeah I had to quote it all for it to make sense.

I look here perfectly at a stress test 'Whos gonna test' post and I find this garbage.

@Jack Yeah, I assumed the same thing when I saw Az's post. No biggie.

@Az I don't get it. You lash out at Jack, when he made no direct insult to you at all. Yet you throw such things at him anyways, causing this rucus. So Ill just dismantle your flaming...

1. Hes talking about you implying to go into the stress test treating it as if its a full blown war, not merely testing.

2. Same as 1.

3. Unfounded insult on the basis of this thread. Attempt to start a flame war right at its peak. And no hes not the head whiner, I am/.

4. Another taunt, which is also unfounded. Anyone can survive an alpha, and Jack has certainly never complained about Kluth surviving an Alpha.

5. Another taunt, which is a rude, senseless thing which in fact proves my point about Kluth having too much of a distinct advantage. Yet again, we will see.

Lastly, 6. Since you already implyed the 'bring it' attitude, we also assume you will likely do your worst as you do in release. Again out fault for assuming, but, your taking the wrong step to pointing it out, by taunting him about modship and whatnot, which has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Dismantled. Now the lecture.

Beta is supposed to be a stress test, not a flame war on ships, attitude or whatever. You either say your gonna be there, or your not. I saw nothing about personal besting and/or all out war in the stress test description, and it was you Az who brought it up first.

Also Az, if we assumed that you were going to treat it like release, then sorry. We're only human (unlike Kluth.).

Get along folks, its not that hard.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Fleet Admiral Enterprise on 2005-04-21 18:27 ]

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-21 18:20   
I'm in. Got the whole weekend off for a change, shouldn't have any problem dying many times in Beta

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-21 18:22   
feral = noob double poster

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-04-23 16:20   
Actually, I would love to see Azrael and crew bring their "A" game to the beta stress test. The point is, it's not uncommon for inventive players to work out game techniques that go beyond what may have been intended for game balance.

No, I'm not talking about cheating or exploiting - just an unintended consequence of game design decisions.

In my opinion, it's better for the game as a whole to see such things as early as possible...in part because we need a dialog on things. And, while the most common reaction to a (subjective opinion here) unbalanced situation is to react quickly and possibly angrilly...usually if you calm down and work things out over time, the true picture becomes clear...maybe it ISN'T REALLY A PROBLEM. Maybe it just needs a new tactical approach to work against it.

So - please, lets see what you've got.

Nax

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-02 13:54   
Back from the mission, unfortunately the test seems to be finished

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-02 14:17   

[ This Message was edited by: TF-72 {Absolut} on 2005-05-02 14:23 ]

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-03 18:30   
Quote:

On 2005-04-21 18:22, BackSlash wrote:
feral = noob double poster

I'm me! I can do that sorta thing

CeylousMirod
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-03 19:44   
I will download the client. I subscribed today I'll see if it works. definately I would love to help out

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.032267 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR