No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Defence Bases
 Author Defence Bases
NiteHawk
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-21 17:18   
Sure, there descent at attacking enemy. But I find they don't Point Defence well at all anymore.

I'd say double, even triple how many lasers they got... Even maybe Draf was talking about putting HLC's on them..

Just a idea..

Email NiteHawk
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-21 17:53   
Are they not firing or are they just not hitting? Two different aspecs of code...

The Def 3's should have between 4 to 6 beams each depending on the faction...

Email Tael
NiteHawk
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-21 18:17   
apparently they are hitting. But they just really stink as Draf says

Draf: "I dont even see them firing but they work. They just suck to hell."

No one would give me a straight answer, are the bombing limits still on as well? But even so then we go to shields.

The Shields seem to be changed as well.. Took Draf and another bomber 4 runs before they even got through. I think the shields recharge to quick.. Maybe not.. Maybe keep it this way.. Gives a chance for a planet.. But changes Shielded to Not Shielded Planets. Meaning though it is ICC, it is apparently required gravely. So if bombs are changed in any sort of way, they would never go through the shield..

Yes I was thinking more lasers but I though 6 for a defence base III, but it seems you already done that.. Not sure about it greatly.. Maybe someone else can help me out here.

Email NiteHawk
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-21 18:20   
Right now the def bases are using normal lasers... Maybe I'll code in a special laser just for the planet defs that has a longer range since planets would actually have more power and could host larger guns...

The old planet shields used 4 normal active shields from the ships per generator. but at level 0 and since no modifier was applied they were about on par with a level 0 cruiser.... The new planet shield is a single gadget (so less objects for the server to track) that is about 20% stronger than the old shield bases... I wont give actual numbers...

Email Tael
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-21 18:26   
Tael, this might be the time to mention that replacing the STD's on the stations with HCL's would be a good idea. It needs to be able to give SOME self-pd.

NiteHawk
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-21 18:37   
Yes, that works... Special PD beam that fires farther or something... Good idea..

Email NiteHawk
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-04-21 18:49   
Taking a close look at planet defense...
The lasers work, they shoot down bombs quite well and the missiles are pretty adequate. Shield planets requiremore than one bomber which is good. although it ispossibleto solo bomb them it's not easy.

The real issue comes with the unshielded planets.

As planet shields are ICC tech this gives all other factions a distinct disadvantage when it comes to bombing and capping planets.
It is far too easy to cover your bombs with your ship. the new armor levels mean that although the planet def is effective at range and annoyance, it doesnt actually do much damage.
If a ship is shielding its bombs I would expect it to get hurt pretty badly by the planet def shooting at it with lasers. It currently isnt so. They are extremley weak vs ships (especially dreadnoughts).
Planets could definately do with thier own laser class. Something with the range and firepower of a CL Heavy but a fast recharge on the scale of current PD lasers.
You would still be able to shield your bombs but it would hurt.

Something that would be neat to see would be some kind of close range (IE 400gu) planet based plasma cannon that is relatively slow firing and tracking so as not to be too much of a threat to small ships that are able to dodge, but hurts the larger class ships. I can already hear the sound effect....

Goto the website of Drafell
Page created in 0.011615 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR