No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Phase 1 - Stress Test notes
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Phase 1 - Stress Test notes
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-22 20:11   
Report any issues you noted with the beta here.

Beta testing restrictions are suspended for the duration of the stress test... Play normally.

[ This Message was edited by: Tael on 2005-04-22 21:10 ]

Email Tael
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-22 20:40   
dont know if it is an issue but yesterday my pres was 94k and today its 98k didnt do that much also ship selection when I start is real slow maybe its my comp.

[Edit - The prestige was my doing. -Mith]

[ This Message was edited by: Mithrandir on 2005-04-22 21:09 ]

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-04-22 21:05   
Was happily mining away at UGTO home 2 when Tbone said his F3 mode messed up.. so i hit f3 and... it locked up. Crashed my PCs. I had to reboot.

Also there is stil la problem with hte cargo when mining not showing correctly. If yu get to a full load and then sell to starport it wont continue mining. also if a resource gets full and overlaps into next slot, the next slot doesnt always show as being filled when it it. it only shows when the resources for that slot reach hte max.

Goto the website of Drafell
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-22 23:37   
nvm about my problem

[ This Message was edited by: VAdm.Sops on 2005-04-23 00:15 ]

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-22 23:48   
Thanx Mith but you did it in beta not release

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-22 23:53   
@sops, the beta guide has that in there, you need to read that.

Bugs:

You jump randomly whenever doing something in battle (I kept jumping out every time i killed someone).

QST needs to be UNBOUND from spacebar, several people get very annoyed at this. QST never needs to be reloaded if you wait after you fire for a minute...you can keep firing it without it having to recharge.

Cargo bug - cant see some items when baught or picked up, I thought a slot was broken because I couldnt remove a reactor, but it was actualy this problem.

Becons - Becons dont work, when trying to becon it fires off another weapon, or not atall.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-04-22 23:59 ]

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-04-23 00:15   
Beacons fire initially for the first batch, but after being reloaded they seem to get transposed with the last weapon slot on the ship. Press T or click hte beacon to launch and it fires this weapon instead.

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-23 00:45   
this isn't a bug, but it is a serious issue.

the EMP needs to be either removed, or altered.

it almost gave me a seisure. every UGTO ship around me was blasting that horrid contraption as fast as it could recharge, after less than a minute my eyes started going out of focus and i became disoriented, i told them to stop, but like always they ignored me. it got to the point where i just had to close my eveys for a minute. they were brutal with it. and i don't mean that in a good way, i mean it's almost like they were trying to give someone a seisure.

i wouldn't mind it that much if it actually did something other than destroy your eyes and brain, but it doesn't. whatever it might do is negligible, as i observed nothinghappening with my ship aside from a small increase in recharge time.

i know what you're going to say; "if it's bothering you, then just step away," and that's exactly what i did, but when i came back, they were still using it like it was going out of style. if i stepped away every time this thing bothered me, i'd never get to play the game again!

i'm just gonna lie down now.

NiteHawk
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-23 00:57   
I'll agree with savage on the emp. I don't get any problems with it. Its just So annoying. The screen flashes multiple times. Your eyes can't adjust to that much light. Gets really annoying. Feel bad for people who do get sezuires.

Email NiteHawk
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-23 01:03   
That weapon is ASKING for epipeltic fits for anyone near it....It aught to be called the epilepsy cannon...and its not funny either, I actualy fear that someone could have one from that weapon, it gives me a headache when i look at it...

How about a replacement sort of pulse effect (like pulse wave) but whitish for the emp effect?

Just an idea.

Griff
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-23 01:30   
Hi guys,

1. good stuff, nice seeing the models in game
2. minor, probably known, when selecting a fighter, on ICC the FI-8 the model is not centered, it spins makeing a circle instead of spinning in place like the other models. On UGTO the I-19 shows no model and the B-27 model shows but is very small. On Kluth, the wasp is makeing circles like the FI-8 just larger radius out of view of the target window, and the Tarsus model needs to be scaled down when viewing it thru the target window.

and thats it for now.......

Griff

[ This Message was edited by: Griff on 2005-04-23 02:10 ]

Email Griff
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-23 03:11   
ICC 410 as it is configured has a sustained fire rate of 23 seconds before it goes to 0 power from full.

Pulled its Aux Shield Generator and ECCM and replaced them with 2 more reactors and now its sustained fire rate is 45 to 48 seconds.

Sustained fire rate is constantly alpha striking a target 50gu in front of the ship including launching fighters and pulse shields.

If used more tactfully (ie not spacebar mashing) it can now maintain a high rate of fire longer.

If modded to replace some of the beams with projectile weapons, the extra reactors can be swapped out for other gadgets such as ECM/ECCM/Scanner/Aux Shield Generators.

Thus the stock version actually has some kick, but can be made better with modding.

Should appear in an update this weekend.

And yes, i have tested the ship as it will appear in the next update by the powers that be admin...

UGTO Dreads have no power issues with their lvl 4 reactors...

EAD had a sustained fire rate of 98 sec and the BD 88 sec. Lowered the reactors from 3 to 2 for all UGTO ships. Reactors are lvl 4 so there is plenty of room for expansion. Sustained fire rate is still at 68 to 72 seconds.

ICC have the shield rotation (at cost of power) to offset the longer sustained fire rate of the UGTO dreads to give more time for reenforcements to arrive or to withdraw. Then again dread should not be operating alone with out a fleet.

Kluth Siphon has a sustained fire rate of 62 seconds...

[ This Message was edited by: Tael on 2005-04-23 03:44 ]

Email Tael
Deleted
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-23 07:13   
On the normal version i was very zoomed in to a planet, when a kluthie jumped in really close and dropped a bio bomb. Right on where i centered my view, and i got a freaking headache:s There are several very flashing things in the game that should be changed for the health of people playing the game.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-23 09:56   
Cool Tael, thanks for testing .

There is one problem I have with kluth ships, and its the reactors...they can fit many so they can fly around at full speed with cloak and constantly fire. I cant remember who it was, but me and this person (possibly nitehawk) where fighting (could of been lost though...hmm), anyway...he could fire constantly without having to slow down, when I had too (moded level 8 reactors on an EAD (all slots)). I was thinking maybe to fix this, a kluth version should be developed. Something like a Psionic Booster (make up some crap about it ).

Just an idea.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-04-23 10:39   
K'luth armor is now extremely weak. I feel guilty everytime I shoot them because it just feels too easy.
My ead absolutly ripped apart a Hive in a short space of time with no hull damage and only about 30% loss of armor.
Hive VS Station. The Hive needed to keep its reloads going full in order to keep alive. The Uggy station could near enough ignore any enemy fire.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019498 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR