No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +22.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Phase 1 - Stress Test notes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author Phase 1 - Stress Test notes
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-24 14:49   
Kluth have the option to use elf to steal power and unload your weapons, and equip multiple reactors if they want so the can extend the duration of their firing... Plus the have the cloak. This is countered with weaker armor. But kluth are to typically operate in wolf packs.

One on one kluth should have issues, but in mixxed fleet engagements with multiple ships on each side, the kluth gain the upper hand with their stealth.

Also note, in ecm environments, kluth can cloak almost instantly. In eccm environments it takes time to cloak.

Damage to the cloak device affects how quickly it works too.

Beacons are not affected by cloak. So if you are beaconed and cloak, they can still target the beacon and fire. So you'll want to get to a supply or depot quick to get them removed.

Email Tael
Thiresias
Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-24 14:52   
modded k'luth scout with AMJD and AME drive, when i wanted to jump somewhere i had to çlick'om my AME drive (like turning it off line or on line) in order to start the jump allignment and jump to the presetted destination.

Happened several times, every time i had to click on the AME drive (like kicking your engine when your car is refusing to work propperly)

Email Thiresias
Zepher
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-24 15:40   
Very true as I was in a station on a test battle with the Hive. By the time he WH out of there, his armor was 0 and hull was at 34%.... My hull was 80 or so, and hull at 100... Organic armor is way too weak against Hvy or even lvl8 armor. The Hive was the one to initiate the battle, and i waited for about 10 seconds before returning fire on the Hive. A second time against a Hive was when other ships were near me. By the time his WH was charged, the Hive limped away... barely.

There is also a Sy bug problem that seems to keep everyone on newbi style ships. Very irratating.

Email Zepher
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-24 15:58   
Quote:

On 2005-04-24 14:49, Tael wrote:
Also note, in ecm environments, kluth can cloak almost instantly. In eccm environments it takes time to cloak.

I hope this is WITHOUT the cloak-hull modifiers. Kluth dreads shouldnt be able to cloak instantly, ECM or no ECM.

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-24 21:29   
i tried out the sensor scout, and i like it, however, it has a serious power issue. when the sheilds are recharging, you need to be going at a velocity of 5.something before your batteries even begin to recharge, and when going at curuising speed(about half) the power drops unnervingly fast. this is very bad for scouts. granted, you could replace one of the sensor suites with a reactor, but that would remove the "Sensor" from the equation. either it needs a third special1 slot, or be renamed "combat Scout."

also, two ECMs devour juice like nobody's buisiness.

now, this is with all lvl 0 equipment. i shudder to think what three lvl 4 torpedoes would do.

this ship is, in my educated oppinion, worthles for combat with the sensors installed, and worthless for sensors with out enough power, which at current would be impossible to fix without having to remove one of the ECM/ECCMs.

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-24 22:26   
Jack, with enough ecm they can cloak instantly. But you can't cloak instantly after firing. For one, if your weapons are recharging (esp ruptor) it decimates your energy. Also sig is high right after firing.

K'luth cloak I say is rather balanced. Seriously any weaker and they could not survive at all. Already you can expect K'luth will die a lot more often than other factions. A beaconed dessy has about 10s to jump out before it's dead. With both piss-weak armour and hull, really beacons and fighters are murder. I was on ugto and we had a fighter planet, which luth were attacking. I jumped in a beacon scout, killed a mandy and clav with beacons and fighters.. Granted though, mandy thought he could handle it at first

Tael, I know luth aren't meant to go 1v1. However at the moment, for a couple dessy to take a bd they have to be very good players, while the bd only needs to sit, turn and mash space to win. The problem is we have to be facing them to fire torps (which is the main damage-dealer). The main luth dessies have no left/right torps, it's all fore. IMO the claw's torps should be 2 fore/left 2 fore/right. This is also a big problem in fleet engagements, it's just always better to jump in a mandy because of the arcs.

Dessy and cruiser also have to get too close to use ruptors. Disruptor range needs to be longer, along the lines of 150 for lvl0, to 250 for lvl8 for them to be worth the energy. For me to get a dread with lvl8 ruptor, I have to get to what, 160gu? Facing them. That means i'll be getting closer before I get further. At that range, cannons and torps will rip a dessy up, with no chance of evading. Plus you're very vulnerable to beacons.

Another thing, an idea to perhaps compromise on ships for middies. How about giving people 40 pres for completing the training? This means new players (hopefully on free trials) will get fast access to the ensign frigs and other, while unsubbed players get the same access as is in beta now. Really expecting new players to get combat pres in the combat scouts is crazy, it's just not possible. However the frigs are actually useful, and most of them can do well modded (especially the Interceptor). Plus you're giving new players rewards earlier on.

That's all about K'luth. UGTO are fine. Gotta test ICC some more

[ This Message was edited by: Lonectzn on 2005-04-24 23:23 ]

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-24 23:44   
The bonus for disruptors over Cl's is that cl's do less damage the farther the range, disruptors do constant damage regardless of the range.

Email Tael
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-04-25 00:06   
Looking at the numbers it should work out like this....

To kill a dread.... 2-3 cruisers or 4-5 destroyers
To kill a cruiser... 2-3 destroyers or 4-5 frigates

Obviously there would be a certain degree of skill. But you should be trying to base comparisons roughly around those figures.
If you are wanting to get the best effect from disruptors you should be looking at ships with more broadside weaponry so you can make passes and keep at maximum disruptor range.

Goto the website of Drafell
Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-25 01:30   
Uh Drafell. The thing you and Tael are missing, is the number of players. It's all very well and realistic that it takes a bunch of dessy to take a dread, but in terms of gameplay it just doesn't work. If you have to outnumber the enemy 2-3:1 to be useful, who isn't going to say screw it and just jump in a dread. Look at every situation and you'll see you're now better off getting in a dread.

Fleet battle. Equal number of players on each side. You get a couple dread, couple cruiser, couple dessy. They get 6 dread. They _will_ win.

You are forgetting that there aren't the players to have 2-3 dessy on every dread. There's not even the players on luth to have one for every dread.

What you're looking at is a setup where bigger = always better, and there's zero incentive to get out of a dread once you have one. Sure I can take a bd with two good claws, but I can take it a helluva lot easier with two good mandys.

I'm saying dessy and cruiser need to get back their survivability and range. Survivability just means ability to avoid damage, not so much armour/hull. Many of them need to get far too close to dreads to do damage. Plus they've lost full arc on torps, which in release are the primary anti-dread weapon. Sure ok we can't have full arc, but geez, need left/right at least. This is mostly for luth, but also applies to some ICC/UTGO dessy.

If they could just have survivability over dreads (ie for when out-numbered), then there would be a reason to use them.

[ This Message was edited by: Lonectzn on 2005-04-25 01:51 ]

Stratus
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-25 09:23   
Cruisers and Dessies work fine for destroying dreads in my opinion. Just have to rely on manuverability. The k'luth seem to have to rely on guerilla tactics. Fly in, appear, attack and jump out or recloak.

I'm kinda enjoying the beta, cept for the minor issue of the levels of the weapons not being displayed unless installed. Which Tael said wasn't implemented yet.

The F3 view for building needs work too, with the diamonds out of alignment sometimes. I'm sure that will be fixed.

Nice work so far.

Email Stratus
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.022207 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR