No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » lets get an new rank
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author lets get an new rank
Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-05 11:43   
i'd like the cosmetic thing. like, once you get to a certain level you can select a new paint sceme for your ship. you could start out with a few base templates; tiger stripe, polkadot, flame job, comanche, and camo.

then you could select the two colors for it (base layer and over layer).

then you could select some new decals to replace the faction insignia. like having custom fleet insignia, reserved for the distinguished members of a fleet.

tagar
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-05 11:57   
reset does seem fair, new requirements take ships away from mid ranks, why are high ranks untouchable?

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-05-05 12:13   
Quote:

On 2005-05-05 11:43, FireMoth wrote:
simplest solution. those people with 2 and 3x GA rank can reset their own profiles, and instantly have 12 new ranks to gain. pretty sweet deal if you ask me. and since they're oh so skilled, im sure they'll have no trouble at all making back the pres

The best suggestion i have heard.

See! It has already been implemented.

Goto the website of Drafell
Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-05 14:31   
I,m approaching my third Year of DS. I,m a casual gamer I think this is a very bad idea why because I know I,m not the only one who has average prestige for being with a game for so long.

I have just over 70k prestige in 3 years time sorry but bad idea.

Email Beast
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-05 15:51   
I like the Idea of new ranks. I don't know if I'd go for more than one rank above GA (if any) and at FA I really don't care if I ever make GA. 2 or 3 new lower ranks would be good though I think. The ranks are Naval based , so where is the Chief Petty Officer (engineer & supply)? slipped in between Midshipman and Ensign and with the double pres to next rank system in place today this would make GA 160k+ and FA the current GA etc.

Dark_vorbum {C?}
Fleet Admiral
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2005-05-05 21:18   
Quote:

On 2005-05-02 12:08, Ragglock wrote:
with new ships i think there is room for 1 or 2 new ranks

currently it tops at GA / 82

what about

Planet Administrator 164k

System Governor 320k

I think we should Get rank like as said Ragglock but special Title can be give to a Honnored Player for is Cause and Loyalty with his factions by approving by Admin and other team factions

Factions SubCommander
Factions Royal Guard
Factions Force Commander
Factions Commander
Factions Cheft Maintenance

Etc Special title don't need Prestige but need approvement of other player .

A Player Can't ask for a Title ....The Title come to the player lol =)

more Title or other name can be made if you want but i think factions title could add some little bonus but not alot like a credits from the factions for the service to the nations..........

Email Dark_vorbum {C?}
Griffinhawk
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-05 21:51   
just delcare me emperor!

Goto the website of Griffinhawk
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-06 02:47   
Or how about scattering the ranks out a bit more instead of just doubling the pres to the next rank??

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-05-06 03:20   
dont see the problem.

if you select to use loads of time to play and by that support DS why not have something to show for it.

there should be no limmit on the number of ranks you can optain.

and there is also room for to get other new bages

as for restting profiles

i have been thrugh that 4 times all ready + ranked up 1 FA + 2 AD profiles on the side.

but would prefer just to play with one and still have new options added.

also the new MIR fraction , anyone ever considerd that you actuly could have an minimum ranks/bages/play time , to play an sertain fraction.

that could be an option for adding new fractions and prevent that all just jump ship/fraction as soon as they are added.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-06 20:58   
Let's make some new ranks for people with no life outside of DS!

Email Bobamelius
Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-05-10 22:14   
Like a few, I've taken what seems like forever to get up to FA - I'm close to GA but not quite there yet. While I do agree that a wipe - a complete wipe - would be the fairest way to go, boy, that's an awful lot of prestige that I'm NOT excited about earning again.

This isn't necessarily something I really want to see, but, what if instead of a reset we got a maximum_cap. Existing players get reduced in rank on a pro-rata basis. Say something like you end up with 10% of your prior stats & prestige....with a maximum cap applied somewhere (like nobody has more than silver on any badge)

Nax

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-11 23:27   
The problem with having X number of ranks, is eventually, theoretically (stay with me here, I realize its not too possible) we could all end up at the maximum rank. So Joe Noobie pops in, and is flying around the MV in his scout in the MV, while the 30-40 other players in the MV are all Admirals, Fleet Admirals, and Grand Admirals. How does that make him feel? Crappy.

Also, this would almost ensure that none of the lower level ships (destroyers, sensor frigates, etc.) would be used because most of the "vets" would be more interested in DreadSpace.

Puppies gotta die, too.

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-13 04:20   
Scrap my pres and I scrap my CC number nough said....

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-13 09:55   
Quote:

Also, this would almost ensure that none of the lower level ships (destroyers, sensor frigates, etc.) would be used because most of the "vets" would be more interested in DreadSpace.

You'll never get me out of my dessy and cruiser. I don't care if they fall apart coming out of the sy, and shoot reload drones and hugs at enemies. I'll still be racing around the mv in my souped up dessy with red stripes on the side to make it go faster.

It's even got cup holders! That's fast.

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-05-13 12:47   
Quote:

On 2005-05-11 23:27, AdmBito wrote:
The problem with having X number of ranks, is eventually, theoretically (stay with me here, I realize its not too possible) we could all end up at the maximum rank. So Joe Noobie pops in, and is flying around the MV in his scout in the MV, while the 30-40 other players in the MV are all Admirals, Fleet Admirals, and Grand Admirals. How does that make him feel? Crappy.

That's a classic case of rank creep. The alternative is to implement a more relative system. IE, instead of the prestige requirement being a set number to gain rank, only a set number a people can attain a rank. For instance, each factions would have only 1 GA, 10 FAs, 100 Admirals etc. It's a system that is more open to new players, anyone wiht enough determination could reach the GA spot. However, it favours players that are on 24/7, but so does the current system for that matter.

Edit to add; a more relative system would have other benefits for DS, as it would help balance the factions. If ugto had 10,000 players and kluth had 1000, only a roughly equally number of those would be able to attain the high ranks. Of course, some players would never make it to admiral, but do we care about those n00bs? Only the best would get to the top.

[ This Message was edited by: c0ldfury on 2005-05-13 12:56 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032971 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR