No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +20.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » To all station pilots.....
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author To all station pilots.....
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-05-03 03:55   
ok I was wondering.... everyone that has ever flown a station has probably seen or expierenced the cheapness that is an enemy sitting under you to kill you. Now in my opinion... it is beyond me why people do that knowing that they are going to die doing this. My question is why risk losing a ship and pres when you can grab a cruiser or a dread and move around the staition at a distance and fire on it and damage it while taking zero to minimal damage?

Anyways I satrted this topic so all the station pilots could voice their opinions on this cheesy tactic. Personally I don't use the tactic as I would rather zoom around a station in a cruiser or dessie taking no damage. And I honestly think that this tactic should'nt be used but, that's just my opinion and there are those pilots that like to use cheapness to their advantage but I won't point fingers or throw names out because they who they are.

- Supertrooper

Email Supertrooper
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-03 04:47   
I usually only use station for it missles when lag is bad or repair(non kluth faction) or point defence on planets that have massive amounts of fighters other than that they are pointless....

Basically...stations are a joke...they SHOULD be able to hold their own against ANY ship. I'm not talking about a fleet but a cruiser vs a station the cruiser will win and that is crap. Maybe a station with massive amounts of fighters(like 16 would be good) would be decent. I would gladly trade ALL torps for more fighters they at least can somewhat hit those pesky little cruisers that fly around....

Nice to have a GA/FA ship that gets pwned by all......

[ This Message was edited by: JRE on 2005-05-03 04:49 ]

[small][ This Message was edited by: JRE on 2005-05-03 04:52 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: JRE on 2005-05-03 06:08 ]

Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-03 06:35   
Sorry, but because i'ts MORE effective, its not a cheap tactic. Just because it works well doesnt mean you have to like it, but, if you are affraid of loosing your "precious prestige" why bother to fly it.

Why you ask if players attack from under the station? Because they are doing the fleet a favour buy risking there prestige and ship (Which they don't care much about, but care about the fleet instead), you know, kamakaze....

You Could (Maybe you do):

-make sure you have heavy combat support around you

-try with a tractor beam ( Wich in beta works great xD )

-Enter a planet with the WH at a distance where NME's can't see your station (There is still a possibility of someone seeing it on a nav map, but then again you should have combat with you, and you should be moving full steam ahead)

-With that said above with the WH, by time you reach the planet, your WH should be charged up! just incase it gets intense.

-bye

[ This Message was edited by: Os {DS Assault} on 2005-05-03 06:52 ]

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-05-03 06:52   
meh... still not gonna change my opinion on it.... in my eyes it's a cheap tactic and it always will be whether it is effective or not. And plus it gets really annoying when the same person does it to your station over and over again until you blow up or wh out to safety. sorry there's no convincing me that this lame tactic of sitting underneath a station is an absolutely necessary one when 3 cruisers or 2 dreads flying around the station at range gets the job doen just as good.

Email Supertrooper
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2005-05-03 08:26   
current stations are POS's.I remember it when a station would jump on you and ppl were "OMG BACK UP".....now its.....OMG...BREAKFAST....sure...long range ...stations shouldnt be much use..but up close and personal.....especially one on one....it should KILL any ship without taking the damage it does.And WH's........why bother with em??.....the enemy just follow you to wherever.......finish you off and still have time to get back thru WH and you're left dead in space.Bring Back the Killer station.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-03 09:36   
I brought this up way back when, and some folks seemed to think I was crazy. Go figure it oomes back nearly 10 months later in the same way.

Puppies gotta die, too.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-03 09:44   
/me wonders just how many have seen the new stations in beta *subtle hint*

Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-03 11:33   
Yes doran, i think you are reffering to the station jump drive mount

Antdizzle

Posted: 2005-05-03 11:34   
The stations are pretty much crap right now, but I still fly them. The stations in beta are even worse, but I will still fly them. Why? I'm lazy. Why fly around in a little cruiser trying to dodge torpedoes when you can sit in a station and mash the keyboard. Until people figure that stations are weak in combat, I will still use them.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-03 15:09   
Time to say enough is enough.

We're all used to the doctrine that there will always be those who will do absolutely anything within the bounds of the game to win. And those who will play the game in the manner it was designed to play This is an older tactic. And I agree with parking under a station when your about to die to inflict some more dmg.

And once again, this topic is divided on playing the game to win, playing the game to have fun, and playing the game to inflict grief.

Grief I have to insert, because if someone would spend Dreadnought after dreadnought simply parking under a station to SD and destroy that player again and again, with no obvious personal gain then its this.

However.

I do NOT agree with flying a ship under a station at full hull or nearly full hull and camping, SDing, and repeating. It is simply a cheap tactic then, using your ships explosion, with no regards at all to prestige gain/loss and just continuing to do it until your station goes down.

You may ask how its wrong, when it hurts the person doing it more than the victim..but...

Once upon a time in 1.480 in FA, I was in an ICC station, and someone in a cruiser, jumped in, and went under my station and Self Destructed more than 30 times, until my station finnally went under. Pointless, pathetic. And he gained prestige from it, since I could never destroy him before he got under, or even do enough damage.

This is just one of the reasons I think kamikaze prestige was disabled.

-Ent
I have no understanding however why people do it, kami damage was disabled, and its much more beneficial to actually circle a station and launch torpedos.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-03 16:45   
Beta. nuff said.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-03 16:55   
I think it sux although i dont really care if anybody does it to me ill just pull out my flux dread later when i see them that make me feel better

Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-03 17:10   
Stations should not be able to jump nor move. They should need to be tractored if they wish to move other they should just sit there like a good station and stop trying to be a ship.

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-03 17:43   
I remember when Coombie jumped a dread fleet with his station and SD'd on top of them. He destroyed or was responsible with the popcorn effect for 20+ ships dying.

Then Faustus tuned down the station SD blast power....

lol

It is a cheap tactic yes, effective yes (as long as resources don't matter). But like mentioned above some people must do anything to win, regardless of how it is done.

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-03 18:09   
1st. Hey Supertrooper! HUG!

Aside from agreeing with Nitron (for the most part)

I have been on both ends of this little "Tactic" I have gleefully parked my dread under Bito, Jux, Fatal Command, Banshee, Thugonomics, Zepher, Mad John, JM, Paragon, and Antoni...........just to name a few.

I have also had more than a few of those very name pass below my own Station. I recall just last month Ragglock fell in my WH when I opened one to escape the system, and like anyone with half a brain who had just found themselves in an enemy cluster, some 3 systems from home, He parked that Dread right under me.

I have no problem with it myself. Prestige doesn't matter to me, never has never will. It's just yet another somewhat questionable tactic as far as I'm concerned.

Repeatedly spawning Dreads or any other ship for the sole purpose of Parking under Stations is another story all together.

DO NOT DO IT. PLEASE.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023679 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR