No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Anyone notice....?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Anyone notice....?
LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-05 14:13   
Here is how the kluth take control on an entire system with 1 ship.

They get an advanced carrier and cloak, loaded with heavy infantry and bio bombs. Then moving full speed they jump to the planet, sometimes if no one is there to shoot them they will cloud bomb, and as soon as the bomb blow u drop their infantry. But if someone is there to stop them, they get about 100gu away from the planet surface and start dropping bios and they run away, once there are no bios left they drop their infantry.

Please tell me how this is fair? I carry ECCM on my cruser, but unless an interdictor follows him he will get to far away for me to detect, and jump away to a random location, which even if I jump to him he just jumps again. And he is again out of sensor range as I sit and wait for my jump drive ot recharge.

Don't press Ctrl W!

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-05-05 14:21   
beta

Email Tael
Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-05 14:24   
quite.

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-05 14:52   
Yes. Please, help us test Beta.

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-05 14:58   
errr.. true very true.. i know nothing about beta... or to test it.. or what it means or has

BipBipBip
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-05 15:18   
You must be joking... No way that can happen in the MV... maybe on newbie, but impossible on MV...

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-05 15:51   
lies!

i have seen with my own eyes a bug dread close orbit bomb a planet. we lost it less than a minute later.

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-05 16:52   
I am not kidding. It takes 3 people to prevent the capture of an ICC planet from a single kluth in a cloaked adv carrier. 1 Interdictor, 1 Heavy/assult cruser and 1 person restocking the planet with infantry.

Don't press Ctrl W!

Mad Bum
Grand Admiral
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2005-05-05 17:08   
Very rarely do i reply to rants but i play alot and am kluth (for those that havnt noticed )
and generally if i get anywhere near any red planet in the mv in an AC then within 5 secs (give or take a few secs if nims picking his nose) someones shooting at me.
I certainly dont have time to slow and stop to 100gu to bomb a planet and also even if theres no sensors at 100gu the planet defences shoot any bombs you may attempt to drop. any closer and your cobing.

On top of that if your in a cruiser have you ever heard of a pulse shield.

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-05 17:34   
Well i have noticed this infact.. and i have also noticed a few things Along side shade.. (ICC ) that Kluuth often come to bomb defencless systems when no one is online obviously apart from us when were a couple systems away.. and i didnt take it to seriously but he was furious.. then i thought about it i dont think it should be far to undo everyones work of capturuing a planet while everyones online and under attack.. ok if i rate this on a piss me off factor outa 10 and 10 being the really pissed me off and 0 being who gives a ^*$~!!#&.. well id rate this 5/6 but one thing that does piss me off is scrapping.. We are about to capp a planet weve worked hard to get and as all we know it BAM All the buildings,defence everything Complete waste of time that is what really tics me of and something should be done about it.. this gets a 9 and a half.. cause anyone that does that is a coward and selfish.. and yet again taking away the hardwork and thefore taking away the meaning of fun and the point of playing on Darkspace... Sad.. really is

warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-05 17:46   
scrapping....first time say something about a thing whined about.
that's called tactics, and i think it's a good tactic. i i was near one of our planets that's being capped and can't be saved, ofcourse i would scrap.

so personally, no problems here.

neither should anybody else have

scorched earth tactics rule

just rebuild after capping

after all, it's just a litle bit of your time

after all, it's just a game

NOTE: personal oppinion, if you have something to say about it, send private message

Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-05 17:46   
There is plenty of uggie on all the time, as for ICC, it can seem frustrating... but thats the way things are right now.

IF you are there to defend the planet you should be fine, if not then thats your fault. There are many ways to kill inf, and bombs instead of picking your nose (had to john 8-/) and watching them come only to rely on bomb ramming.

you can:

- ram bombs obviously

- Flux Inf

- Pulse Shield the bombs

- Equipped Pulse beams (or carry some spare pulse beams incase bombs are headed to your planet

- Jump Ramming (think you wont make it in time? Try you jumping aim via F2 or by Shift J'n in the direction of the bombs, almost instant ramming)

- setup mine fields around the planet

- Build barracks on the Norh/south pole equators of the planets to make bombing more difficult for the NME

- Shoot Torpedos in the direction of the trannie and self det. (Shift Space/Slot hotkey) to kill the inf from splash damage. [Sabots too!]
*The trannie must have the inf flying in space offcourse*

================================

Don't rely on your planet.

[Edited to add a few more tactics]

Finally lets keep the Rants down..

[ This Message was edited by: Os. on 2005-05-05 17:50 ]

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-05-05 18:36   
It does not (require multiple pilots to stop a single Kluth bomber)
One and only one is sufficient.

As a tip, my favorite tactic is to fly a Heavy Transport &

1) jump to open space such that I can jump directly to most viable targets (this helps when the K'Luth think they're going to be sneaky and attack the planet you can't get to easily)

2) Close jump close to the planet and intercept their bombs by underrunning (flying directly over/under their ship and running into their bombs)

3) Dropping infantry onto the planet immediately should they actually hit it and/or do any damage.

No, you can't really shoot & kill the Carrier, but sometimes, that isn't necessary. I've done this (solo) successfully against 2 carriers attacking completely separate planets for over an hour...until they got bored.

Nax

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-05 19:06   
i dont think anyone's mentioned useing tractors to pull or push bombers off their bombs

Custom
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-05 20:38   
yeah being ICC is frustrating..

On average ive Noticed that the Trend of this last week has been about 30ish people in the MV at any given time, and if there are about 30 people in the MV, you can expect that there are 5 or fewer ICC on.

If anyone hasnt noticed, The ICC arent doing very well in the MV over the last week, ( yeah i know this isnt always the case ). This low moral combined with haveing a Faction that somehow naturally attracts new people means those 5 people are unable to hold off 5 kluth. Not to mention the UnGodly Latency thats created when just 5-10 people people are bombing, jumping, launcing fighters/ missles, or shooting weapons while playing.

DS is a great game and i have nothing but time to give for these issues to be smoothed out.

To the newer players I would like to say that the best teacher is Experence. Not to mention that Reading and Asking arround is a good way to know how things work.

-Charz

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025220 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR