No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Anyone notice....?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Anyone notice....?
Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-05 20:55   
rofl .. i neva thought i would see the day when icc complain about stoping bombs ... i as a retired UGTO bomber ... (check my planet damage points if you doubt it ) alwayz had a hard time against icc YES i said ICC .. for one thing .. pulse shield .. :/ if any icc with decent capability to use their brain they will know how effective pulse shield is .. not to mantion if they continue ya can alwayz ram .. or ya ram then when cclose orbit pulse .. there r also piosan tatic where ya sawp all directional shield for pulse and jus use a shield for full arch .. that way you can alwayz rotate .. or using doran tatic .. push ship away and zap zap zap .. voila .. if any kluth was serious about destroying a planet all they have to do is use a cavlate and 1 run or 2 planet bye bye .. follow on by a advance carrie .. and well ya can see where that go ..

i really can't belive icc complaint about being defanceles sagainst bombs .. when they r the one faction that capable of defending multipule bombers with a single ships where ugto nor kluth are as much effective as icc will be ... learn to play the game b4 your statrt your rant bud ..

KLUTH SMELL >..< and ICC are SKUM!!!!!!!!!!!

bwear of the flying bomb ..... WEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-05-05 20:58   
Ya very few people in MV (Icc) and yet such gowd awfull lag. Is this the plan, to make the MV so unfun that I have to go Beta or not play DS, hehe. Well its working, lol.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-05 21:43   
Yay, more Advanced Carrier rants!

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-05-06 01:01   
we love it

facts:

bombing is to easy (see beta)

best bomber in game ftm : Icc bomber destroyer

best bombing defence device : pulse shild

best tactic against bombers : dictor ships + interceptor ships (for ramming bombs)

most hard bomber (hardest to kill) ugto bomber cruzz + surply ship

easyest bomber to kill: kluth advanced carrier (death rate is high among kluth bombers)

most dangerus bomber: kluth clavate (i can stand its own as a battel ship )

only self surplying bomber : ugto command dred

ship with most bombs: icc bomber dred

and the list go on

think all have pros and cons on the fraction they play

have fun

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-06 04:47   
The problem is just that a kluth can close orbit bomb a planet and capture a planet in 5-6 minutes with 1 person while with every other faction it takes 3-4 people maybe 15-30 minutes to capture that same planet, and after they capture it to rebuild it if it needs it, and an adv carrier can undo that with 1 person.

[ This Message was edited by: LordShard on 2005-05-06 04:48 ]

Don't press Ctrl W!

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-05-06 05:56   
While I agree with the interdictor ship defense against bombers -- it does take two or more defenders to do it.

Just as a tip, because this really has *many* uses...position an interdictor ship approximately 1K out from the target(s) you are defending with the interdictor online...you need to be on the enemy's approach path (what direction will they come from)

Net effect is to force them to travel an extra 1000 gu to reach the target.

This works well against single bombers AND against entire fleets of attackers -- particularly when you have enough of a defending fleet (even if outnumbered) to close-jump a segment of the attacking fleet (sometimes during approaches fleets spread out...under a dictor field, you can't jump to support your friends)

Nax

BipBipBip
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-06 13:10   
Like I said before, that could happen on the newbie server, but not on the MV...

You overrate the power of cloak on the current version of DS...
In order to see a lonely Adv. Carrier successfully bombing at 100 gu away from the planet and not being detected, 2 things must be true.
1) the planet has no sensor.
2) the planet has no def. bases.

a) Now... I consider 100 gu to be COB, which is against the ROC, if you see someone doing that, you should take a snapshot and send it to the admins.

Even at 100 gu. the planet can see and shoot bombs before they reach the surface, unless it's a really big planet, which makes me point at a)

With only 1 sensor on the planet, cloak becomes useless unless of course there is someone else providing ECM coverage.

I invite you my friend to join K'Luth for a few days and try doing what you describe, you will see that it ain't as easy as you think.

Best Regards,
Have a nice day.

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-06 14:02   
Exactly, they have lotsa ECM all the time.

Don't press Ctrl W!

BipBipBip
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-06 15:36   
hehehehe

If they have "lotsa ECM" then it's not a lonely Adv. Carrier....
If it's not a lonely Adv. Carrier, the planet was not captured by only 1 pilot...
The Adv. Carrier CANNOT mount ECM...

Take care,

[ This Message was edited by: LastFreeSoul on 2005-05-06 15:46 ]

CeylousMirod
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-06 16:27   
hey tael... I'd love to do beta... I've successfully downloaded the beta client but my prestige hasent transfered over yet. I posted about it a couple of days ago, and I know that theres only so many people to transfer prestige over. I'm not in any hurry anyways, but once I get it transfered I'll spend most of my time (which I think is considerable) in beta. Hope to see u there soon.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-06 16:33   
A few things to point out....

I can part a dread sized ship right next a planet at 150gu and have all of the missles from it swing around me. If that can do it, an AC certainly can.

Another Fact : ACs can and have been able to take down an entire system single handedly. Usually theres two or three, but one can do it. [I have played on K'luth before, its difficult to do it loner, but with a few other people, systems drop like flies]

Another note is that most people don't know how to combat ACs. As stated above, you can ram their bombs, interdict them at a distance, tractor them off the bombs, etc. etc. They all work. Its when they rush a planet (I. E. 6-10 ACs) that they start to get hard.

Pulse shields are not often mounted for a reason : on the few ships it can be, its replaced with an Active shield for added protection against the hind, which is MUCH more effective than a pulse shield at protecting themselves.

However, a pulse shield is god against all bombers, one press and no worries.

Infantry is also easily countered, flux is one of the best choices for this, and I would recommend it first. If not that, use torpedos, especially AM. Mines also work well around planets in a ring, but its not commonly practiced.

There are ways to counter it, but they can be solo system ships in the right hands. Its not entirely likely, but I have seen it done.

-Ent

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-05-06 17:04   
Here's the trick - don't you feel that 6 ships from ANY faction should probably be able to beat a single defender nearly all of the time? Let alone against no defenders?

I will never be a pro-Adv Carrier person, but, I have had an opportunity to fly the K'Luth again recently and it's reinforced some of their problems. Probably help me fight against them better...if only for the latter reason, everyone should take a turn at flying their ships.

The details don't belong here in this thread, but, they really do have some serious problems in combat - they simply don't have much staying power. I feel though, based on the chatter and forum messages that the K'Luth as a group feel ships like the AdvCarrier are compensation for other weaknesses.

While this argument has merit...I still think the AdvCarrier is rediculous. But, I'm starting to feel that any nerf of the AdvCarrier quite possibly should be offset with positive changes (benefits) to other ships.

Nax

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-06 22:44   
while flying under the K'luth banner in the Newbie server, i noticed that the four Bio bombs can be deployed from within a hundred gu. this is within the minimum range of the PD lasers, yes? plese correct me if i'm wrong on this.

also, it seems that every other time i log into the Metaverse, when there's around twenty people on, i find myself on as the only ICC ship. how does someone stop you if they're not aroud to do so?

again, i've never seen a single ship take a planet. they've always shown up in force(4-6, usually), overpowered, and utterly demoralized the few(2-3, usually) ICC ships on. then they plow through our worlds completely uncontested as whoever's left(1-3, usually) cowers in fear in some remote part of space. then Shade and co. starts going on about "noobish K'luth invincibility," when the only reason we lost(aside form our numerical inferiority, their copious ammonts of big ships[usually 40-70% of them are dreads], and our lack of serious firepower) is because the bugs so thouroughly stripped our confidence away, which is all that you really need to win a battle.

of course, it doesn't help that many of the ICC players that complain about this "kluth noobig" do so from the safety of the lobby while the rest of us try to rally against the bugs, but never quite do so, in no small part to the constant moaning of the bitchers. they just go off on their little rants, talking about how one carrier managed to wipe out the whole fleet, spreading their tails to anyone who'll listen, completly ignoring that they're not only serving to demoralise the remaining fighters even more, but are also effectively slapping us across the face.

"oh, it's horrible! the kluth noobs are soo uberpowered, and noobish! we can't possibly stand and fight! look what they did to my ship! LISTEN TO ME! I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY!"

i have an idea for this. try to stay with me;

PLAY THE GAME, OR DON'T. EITHER WAY, STOP BITCHING. YOU'RE BIASED TRIPE IS NOT ONLY INSULTING TO EVERYONE IN THE ICC, BUT SERVES TO ENSURE OUR CONTINUED FAILURE. SUCK IT UP AND GROW A PAIR.[

[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Savage on 2005-05-06 22:46 ]

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-06 23:29   
Quote:

On 2005-05-05 15:18, LastFreeSoul wrote:
You must be joking... No way that can happen in the MV... maybe on newbie, but impossible on MV...

ive seen 1 kluth save an entire system from something like 20-25 icc noobs, what a sight, a couple kluth and you could even kill them all off, great fun

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-07 13:06   
Quote:

On 2005-05-06 22:44, Captain_Savage wrote:
while flying under the K'luth banner in the Newbie server, i noticed that the four Bio bombs can be deployed from within a hundred gu. this is within the minimum range of the PD lasers, yes? plese correct me if i'm wrong on this.

Yeah, that's called COBing (close orbit bombing). We like to ban people for that.

Email Bobamelius
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.035164 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR