Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » faction balanceing
 Author faction balanceing
tagar
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-15 17:05   
Now first off i am asking that this NOT turn into a flame war. Its just to know what most people think of a faction balancing sytem, by this i mean any means to make the factions even in terms of players, or to help those on an outnumbered faction. Myself i feel that something is needed, i see no fun in either being badly outnumbered or outnumbering the other team. When one team hast a vastly superior number of players i believe it causes frustration and often players get right down nasty, which leads to the hostility that seems to be popular in ds as of late (I admit i have been guilty which is why i play less often)

Anyways please post your opinions and ideas on this without resorting to personal attacks, and whether you are kluth or human, happy hunting.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-15 17:50   
Your not meant to be able to take on teams on your own. Its a team based game, get a team, and use it against the other team. I dont want to see one EAD taking on 12 siphons with a 50% increase in armour and what not because he's outnumbered...

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-15 18:14   
Honestly, unless something is done to increase this player base, all the balancing won't help one bit.

How long has it been since we had a trial again? I know that several of the pilots on Wolf are here now as a result of the last trial. They are subbed, semi happy players now. So how about ya'll do something to get a little traffic in this place?

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-15 18:50   
free trial when 1.483 comes out would be an idea, and will probably happen.

tagar
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-15 20:49   
i agree with you guys, the best solution is more players, I honestly believe that more players would cure 90 of any unbalances and make the game more enjoyable, there is no more enjoyable time on ds is when a massaive battle of two or even 3 fleets take place. perhaps the new ai in dev could be used to even things out a bit?, just tossing ideas out.

Custom
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-15 21:04   
a few years ago it was suggested that there be Modifiers for Factions that were underplayed.

As many of you know this isnt a new Idea, and is in other games like PlanetSide (SOE)

I still think that its the best route for smoothing out the Player numbers.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-15 21:30   
trouble is, adding that system means people can play-solo, and the game isnt designed to play like that.

Custom
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-16 15:10   
Quote:

On 2005-05-15 21:30, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
trouble is, adding that system means people can play-solo, and the game isnt designed to play like that.

Im sorry, come again? cant people already play solo?

no offense intended m8, but as an ICCer i dont see a whole lot of active people on these days. And the one person that i do see playing Solo as an ICCer is Sheng, (not that this guy cant work well in a fleet, but most of the time the ICC can hardly muster a force other than on peak playing time) But my whole point is that Sheng is kicking butt, and he is all by himself, working alone as ICC for many hours in the MV. And this isnt even touching on the part of being a lone Kluth Advanced Carrier.

[remember I fully understand that there is a Beta in Developement and Fleet blow in the winds of change. If this is something that should be suggestd, I might go there to add this suggestion depending on if I understand what it is your trying to get at Jack]

-Charz

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-05-16 16:01   
how about the many lone hours rebuilding systems

beside for that , all ballancing current going on in beta is based on wacky state of player base .

only ballance can truly be done when it gets released where we for real see witch fractions are strong in fleet based battels (more than one vs one ship fights)

only ballance problem i see besides minor things with curent code is the risk that you can have battels with 3 ships on one side and 15 on the other side , no ballancing ships weapons elf flux etc.. can cure that.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Page created in 0.014454 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR