No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Bounty system.
 Author Bounty system.
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-18 14:44   
How about a bounty system? For every kill a player scores, planet a player caps and maybe even hit scored, ship capped, etc.... a bounty is placed on the players head. The longer the player goes without being killed, the higher his bounty can be because he will have done more things to increase it ( a player who kills a lot but rarely dies would have a high price on his head).

The bounty system could further be enhanced by player and fleet based bounties. So if a player were to irritate the crap outta others by fluxing or whatever, a fleet or play may decide to put up some of their hard earned cash.

The money, both AI and player donated, would go into something akin to escrow, paid automaticly when the conditions for collecting the bounty are met.

This brings me to another of this idea: make bounties payable only under specific conditions, such as $50k for capping so and so in a flux boat, or $25k for killing so and so in any ship, etc.....

"Official" (AI assigned) bounties could include a prestige bonus too. And let's not forget the cool new bounty hunting badge or medal one could earn.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-18 14:58   
AI bounties would be cool, and work really well in 1.483...

However, player bounties could be abused, rather than being put on a player because of their skill, and people want them killed, it would be put on someone to annoy them, so more people go after them for money. It would be a show of annoyance rather than skill, people would put bounties on people because they annoyed them, or they had a falling out or disagreement.

Its an idea...could work...

Go post it on beta.

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-05-18 15:28   
well i like it

but getting somone pined on a bounty you should realy pay for it

25k peanuts

im thinking min 1 mill

like in rl getting somone killed comes at a price

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-05-18 15:34   
Great idea, would spice things up a bit.

Quote:

..it would be put on someone to annoy them, so more people go after them for money..

If people want to part with creds just to annoy the enemy, that's their choice. Sounds good to me.

NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-18 15:43   
That's one of the best suggestions ever posted. Ever.

As for abuse, yeah it will be abused, so what? It will be fun as all hell too.

Goto the website of NoPants2win
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-05-18 15:53   
Moving to Suggestions in the Beta forums

Goto the website of Drafell
Custom
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-18 16:30   
I like it

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-05-18 16:52   
Quote:

This brings me to another of this idea: make bounties payable only under specific conditions, such as $50k for capping so and so in a flux boat, or $25k for killing so and so in any ship, etc.....

In another game I used to play, they had bounties, worked quite well. There, you would look through a list of bounties that were outstanding and have to pick one in order to be able to collect when you finally killed them. Otherwise you'd be collecting small bounties on just about everyone. I think that system would work well in DS for the player sponsered bounties. Don't know where'd you'd put a list in DS though, maybe just on the website.

For the automatic type bounties you mentioned, 'collecting small bounties on just about everyone' would work well, hell, it sounds like it could feed DS's new economy.

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-18 19:41   
I was delivering Pizzas today meditating on Darkspace and the possible implimentation of a bounty system and the problem of people like me, who currently are not really committed to a faction. Obviously if you are Kluth and UGTO and ICC have prices on your head and you switch factions to say ICC then ICC can no longer keep a price on your head.

So, what to do.... (lightbulb in head goes on) Make it so a player with a price on his head must buy out his markers from a particular faction in order to join that faction!!!! This would add an extra penalty for faction switching and perhaps give the factions a way to discourage particularly hated (in game hated, not real life) enemies from joining them.

Example ... Kluth .spaivxx. somehow gets tagged for a million credits, some AI and some player imposed. Kluth .spaivxx. wishes to join ICC but it is they who have put the price on his head. So he goes to player who placed the bounty and pays, along with pays the "system" whatever AI imposed bounties he may have accrued. Then he is free to join the other faction.

To keep this from being abused (ie barring a player from a faction) impose a limit on the number of times a player may put a bounty on a particular player in a particular time.

Anyhow I know the details arent here, but that's what devs are for. Hope yall like the idea. Thanx for positive feedback thusfar. .spaivxx.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-05-19 01:55   
I like the idea of having to buy out your bounty to switch factions. Easiest way to stop abuse is to set a max limit for an individually posted bounties. IE 10k credits would seem a reasonable amount. If players were also limited to posting one bounty per 24 hours then it woud take time for a player to get a point where buying out will hurt to any significant degree. All bounties should be anonymous as well. This way when someone has an accumualtive 1 million bounty you KNOW there will e a reason for it. Each faction could also have a most wanted list.

Goto the website of Drafell
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-05-21 14:48   
This is one of those 'why wasn't this in the game from the start?' ideas imo.

The automatic system is perfect for an economy. Say a player has a small credit value on his head that simply relates to total prestige earned since last 'killed'. It couldn't be simpler. Then anyone that kills him gets the small bounty.

Now, compare this to the old mission system. Players are forced into 10 minutes of planet hugging (ah they were the days..) in order to get a 40k reward. The system actually encouraged inaction (ie defending on both factions).

With a bounty system, you earn creds by going out a killing the enemy players that, at that very moment in time, are causing your faction grief. The better the player you kill, the more creds you start to rack up.

Simple, effective and intuitive. Kudos to you .spaivxx.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-21 15:12   
free credits for blowing up people? I like, I like.

Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-21 20:15   
Quote:

On 2005-05-21 14:48, c0ldfury wrote:
The automatic system is perfect for an economy. Say a player has a small credit value on his head that simply relates to total prestige earned since last 'killed'. It couldn't be simpler. Then anyone that kills him gets the small bounty.

I agree completely as long as one thing is done, the bounty should equal say 2x prestige earned from killing members of your empire since last killed by a member of your empire. You wouldn't hate an ICC for killing Luth as Uggie would you?