Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » a thought - a test - lose the shields
 Author a thought - a test - lose the shields
Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-21 09:42   
in the up in comeing version of DS k'luth/ugto will lose the abilaty to use the icc build to put up shields on planets... i suggest we go a week with out useing the shields in the MV just to see how things go... im thinking ICC will crush UGTO and Luth... next monday to the following monday should be time enough to get a feel for what is heading our way in the next version...

somehow i think this maybe a lost cause but hey worth a go... all in the name of a good game...

Custom
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-21 10:10   
Long story short, This is what Beta is For.. Testing,
and not to belittle my own faction but wth are you thinking were gona be able to do here in a week? dude you could turn off all the def you want to.. i doubt our heartly hand full of active lads could get past all your Killbots. Not to mention that there is another faction to fight off at the same time.

You seem good at Noticing stuff, and what nots. Have you noticed that the even when the Vets do leave the Ugto, they become Mercs instead of being just ICC.

What about the Stupidity Void and Lack of Training we gotta deal with. Take for instance yesterday... Big fleet of uggie toes move into Kaptyans.. feilding 2 stations.. 4-6 dreads.. an Admin player, more cruisers and support dessys..
We got a few MDs, 4 cruisers, a Scout, a transport, and Extractor.. yeah WTF is right.. somebody tell these guys The Ugto are not gona to NOT shoot you cus there Laughing so hard that you took out an EXTRACTOR to fight off the EMPIRE... "sir!, you did it they are laughing too hard to hit the space bar!"

[ This Message was edited by: Charz on 2005-05-21 10:14 ]

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-21 14:13   
Somehow I don't think that is the only change that will take place insofar as bombing and defense is concerned. Beta players? Input please?

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
tagar
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-21 14:38   
there are lots of changes in planet def, shields will help icc alot yes, but even regular old planet def is effective in beta, something that is not currently true of release. The def bases and fighters actually hurt a bomber and not just annoy the pilot. So i think it is too early to tell if icc will thump us, but then again if we wait too long to try in then it will be to late

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-21 14:48   
Put it this way...

A UGTO defence base with level 15 beams and weapons, is gonna hurt your ships if you go near it....as does the Kluth def base....ICC has pulse beams, so they dont do much damage, but in terms of bombing, they are VERY effective at detering bombing runs.

Dont bomb solo, you WILL die if you try it against a well built planet.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-22 13:58   
If we were to take away shields in the current release, the MV would be flattened in a matter of hours... I LOVE bombing unshielded planets.

Email Bobamelius
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-22 17:32   
Heres the question - has the ICC completely taken over in beta? No? Ok then.

Erk
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-22 20:07   
This is just my 2 cents worth but i would like to point out that there are now Neutron Bombs go past shields so the planet takes no damage minus the fact half the pop will be dead.

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-22 21:17   
errr we didnt take over the K star with 2-3 stations and 4-6 dreads..
We took it with 3 stations 13 dreads 4 cruisers 3 supps 2 bombers.. is that better? have a look in DREAD MASSACRE topic for more info..

Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-23 04:12   
Quote:

On 2005-05-22 17:32, Coeus wrote:
Heres the question - has the ICC completely taken over in beta? No? Ok then.

dude you hardly see more than 5 in the beta and most of the time we are trying things out, not playing the game...

but the other guy has a point about the deffence bases being much improved in the beta...

CeylousMirod
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-26 00:17   
unforteately thor it'll never happen even though I still do this day after playing for around 2 months think that the MV is beta and the beta is alpha heh. Though i do agree with thor things in the MV do need some fixing.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-26 03:51   
Whats alpha supposed to be then!? Poor alpha..

Seriously though, when the 1.483 Phase 2 test happens, more will enter beta again like last time. I think we had 45 odd players in beta last time, and 40 in the MV. Quite an achievment (to have that amount on both at the same time).

Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-26 17:57   
funny thought how you want other factions to take their planet shield off when icc have the fastest pointdefance system biggest bomber with huge area to hatch the bombs ... where as ugto and kluth laser's might be strong but they lack in speed of multipul bomb killing ... so we might as wel not built defance and let it go .... as far as i know anyunshiled planet in mv wount last 1 hr ... as bomber's alwayz look are scouting for one .. not to mantion when enemy win a planet in your system they have a base of operation to head off offansive to surrounding planet hance taking up entire system .. so think carefully of what ya said ... if you want ugto/kluth not to use planetry shield come up with a worth while unique advantage for them as shield and pulse beam will give to icc ...

still alive guyz ...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee QUEENSLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-26 18:04   
ow

Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-27 10:39   
yes but PD is hardly a factor because of the way we bomb... it is posable to have all of your bombs hit if the target is set just right and your turn is timed just right... guessing i get about 75% of the bombs down most of the time... PD is only realy good at stoping people from just throwing bombs at the planet... in the MV currently id rather put up luth PD, fighter bases and a ICC shield to defend the planet than ICC PD... at lest the psi missiles have a chance of hitting something... flying strat in i need only have my ships PD on for the first wave of IT missiles because the rest will miss my ship...

heh i forget where i was going anywhere with this...

Page created in 0.024486 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR