No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Editor feed.
 Author Editor feed.
Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-23 12:47   
Nothing big or too important, but just suggesting that the editor's cadet profile is not really good for testing things out on the fly when you need to. But it saves instead of going thru GCQL, then choosing your server through the list.

=- Main Point -=

Say you made a map, and you dont want to PUBLISH IT, and you need to test things out, build up planets, combat, ect. Well, the cadet profile for testing is the lowest rank so only limited things are possible.

=- The Suggestion -=

- When Server is marked as "Do not publish" set cadet to FA/GA rank with badges for testing (not really recommended thoe because it ruins the rush for people who are not at that rank. But it will allow the map maker to perfect it by bombing, testing clusters, seeing how much space between areas are in dreads/stations to see if its fair...ect, OR:

- Maybe Implement a login system to log into your DS account with in the editor to test at the rank you are at.

=- OFF Topic Suggestion -=

- Maps that are published, should have a password feature, for private use of players who are invited, or for fleets, tactics training, ect.

======

No one has to agree with me, but it would be very helpfull.

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-05-23 13:04   
You can access your rank without publishing AFAIK. Just log in with your Username/PW.

Unless things have changed that is. I used to have a map with 10 stars that I used from lighting. Used to be able to log in a Admiral without publishing...Can't remember how though

[ This Message was edited by: c0ldfury on 2005-05-23 13:11 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-23 18:02   
Quote:

On 2005-05-23 12:47, Zujin wrote:
Nothing big or too important, but just suggesting that the editor's cadet profile is not really good for testing things out on the fly when you need to. But it saves instead of going thru GCQL, then choosing your server through the list.

=- Main Point -=

Say you made a map, and you dont want to PUBLISH IT, and you need to test things out, build up planets, combat, ect. Well, the cadet profile for testing is the lowest rank so only limited things are possible.

=- The Suggestion -=

- When Server is marked as "Do not publish" set cadet to FA/GA rank with badges for testing (not really recommended thoe because it ruins the rush for people who are not at that rank. But it will allow the map maker to perfect it by bombing, testing clusters, seeing how much space between areas are in dreads/stations to see if its fair...ect, OR:

- Maybe Implement a login system to log into your DS account with in the editor to test at the rank you are at.

=- OFF Topic Suggestion -=

- Maps that are published, should have a password feature, for private use of players who are invited, or for fleets, tactics training, ect.

======

No one has to agree with me, but it would be very helpfull.

Bad idea, people will just make servers to see what GA/FA is like....No, bad idea in my opinion

Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-25 17:36   
thats why i said it wasnt a good idea for the second suggestion, but the login suggestion would be appropriate.

EDIT --> Coldfury, ill ask him Oo

[ This Message was edited by: Zujin on 2005-05-25 17:36 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-25 20:27   
Don't feed the Editor. It bites, plus we don't want to get it used to human food. It will disrupt its natural digestive processes.

+1

Email Shigernafy
Page created in 0.009960 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR