No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » advertising
 Author advertising
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-29 16:58   
lately i have been scouting the internet for free games, and i have found ALOT of sites that list games, and I haven't found many that have DS listed. I have submitted links where I could, when I could, but some say only the author or ad rep can, so those I haven't. Why doesn't the person responsible for this type of tedious work get busy and PROMO THIS GAME for pete's sake!

I say tedious because most make you join to submit links.

Azreal

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-05-29 18:15   
Well something I was thinking about that kind of goes along with this post...

I'd like to drop off a flyer for the game, maybe something that could be hung on a wall at a couple local gaming shops. I'm wondering if there is anything made up that I could print out?

If not, lets get something made so players can easily start to get the word out. I don't have the time etc. to do this but I'm willing to go around and drop them off.

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-05-29 18:42   
Quote:

On 2005-05-29 16:58, Azreal wrote:
lately i have been scouting the internet for free games, and i have found ALOT of sites that list games, and I haven't found many that have DS listed.

Well last I saw this game isn't free so there shouldn't be any surprise it is not in on a "free game" site... there are not too many free games out there and none which even come close to DarkSpace's complexity and funness. I do like the idea of spreading the word to local Internet Cafe's which have gaming computers. It is just one more way to increase our player base. I mentioned it to quite a few people while I was deployed to the Persian GUlf though I do not know if any are playing currnetly.

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-29 19:06   
Quote:

On 2005-05-29 18:15, RedDoggy(1) wrote:
Well something I was thinking about that kind of goes along with this post...

I'd like to drop off a flyer for the game, maybe something that could be hung on a wall at a couple local gaming shops. I'm wondering if there is anything made up that I could print out?

If not, lets get something made so players can easily start to get the word out. I don't have the time etc. to do this but I'm willing to go around and drop them off.

Try something like this perhaps

[ This Message was edited by: Kratos on 2005-05-29 19:16 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-29 19:17   
[quote]
On 2005-05-29 18:42, Rocko Willis wrote:
Quote:

Well last I saw this game isn't free so there shouldn't be any surprise it is not in on a "free game" site...

as far as I am aware, beta is free, and the basic game IS in fact free. There are players here that haven't ever payed a dime to play this game. The nebie server is full of them. Hell, the UGTO is full of them. It makes sense to me to have it linked on a free game site, as you can begin the game free.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-05-29 19:28   
@Jack, ya M8 that looks good.

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-29 19:51   
/me reminds d$ to vote for Darkspace at http://www.mpogd.com

Don't press Ctrl W!

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-05-30 11:03   
Well Az... It might be free for the first weeks.... but after that it is midshipman time.... What can you play in either Newbie or Multiverse as a Midshipman player that will last more than a few minutes, if that, in combat.

If this was a free game, and by true definition a free game is one which doesn't cost a dime to play in any way, then we would have hundreds of people on each server at any given time. As it is we are lucky if we have between 50-100 on MV.

As far as Beta is concerned... Yes it is free and you can get a good account going there but as soon as Beta goes release you can kiss that account goodbye. Beta accounts are not going to be transfered to Release side which will cost you money to continue playing.

Now as a person who has many years of business management (albiet in the military service) under his belt I beleive that once the new server is in place and fully functional we shall see a influx of new subscriptions which in turn bring in more money which will in turn, hopefully, reduce the cost of subscription which will bring even more into the game.

Unfortunatlly I beleive this game will never truely be a "truely free" game as there are costs behind running this game that Palestar and the mighty Faustus cannot shoulder by themselves. All we can do is take measures to help minimize the bad side of the game (Lag namely, both real and imagined, Server side and Client side) so as to bring out the good side of the game (Teamwork, Accomplishments, flying with friends, etc...). This is what we need to concentrate on.

True, it would be great to see Darkspace totally free... but I fear it will not happen anytime soon. Till then we should just love it as it is... it is by far, IMO, the best Indie Game bar none...

And btw that is a really cool flyer!

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
tagar
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-30 12:05   
hmmm actually its not to bad playing unsubbed, i have been subbed in the bast but lately refuse to sub to something i see as beta(current release mv) As for something that will last more than several minues? I honestly feel that one of the most usefull ships in game atm is the extractor. So yes you can have fun without paying so i think it could be listed as free. As for the sub fees dropping I dont see that ever happeneing. The game is currently cheaper than most other mmo games out thier. Plus if the game does start to return a profit it makes better sense to return the money into the business in the form of servers and updates to keep the game fresh, than to lower the sub, No matter what palestar's goal is to make a profit and expamd. is it not?

Antdizzle

Posted: 2005-05-30 15:30   
Paid advertising is the only thing that will do some real good.

Page created in 0.021209 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR