No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Ammunition Multipliers
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Ammunition Multipliers
Obiwan Kenobi
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-31 19:36   
i have to agree with redXIII....dreads are bigger and should be able to handle more ammunition than a standard destroyer.

i mean you dont see a navy battleship toteing around the same amount of weaponry as a navy destroyer... instead its packing WAYYY more in its stores

and like was mentioned before, you shouldnt have to have a supply ship runnin around a dread all the time. i guess what im trying to say is that the weapons multiplier idea is a good one.

Email Obiwan Kenobi
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-31 20:20   
agree'd

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-05-31 20:35   
A fighterbays size is a set ammount, bigger ships carry more bays, so there is no sense in including an ammo modifier to the fighter bays, Torps, Cannons and missiles maybe, though they to technically have more ammo by the fact their are more of them on the bigger ships...

Email Tael
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-31 21:36   
fighters no, missiles torps etc etc a bit bigger yes....maybe a 2x mutliplier on dreads....2.5 perhaps...and 1.5 on cruisers...rest can stay default.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-31 22:39   
how bout sabots... 5 just aint enough with that RoF, even 20 can run out pretty quick..

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2005-06-01 08:33   
sabots ... good point ...

also ... gaus gun ... can someone allow continuos fire on that weapon ... it's mouse / keyboard killer ( click click click or push push push and loop till my mouse and keboard die ... really confusing ...)

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-03 02:08   
This is a simple way of thinking about Ammo...

A US Navy Agies Dessie has 48 (i think it is the correct number) SM-2ER SAM missles... this number is based soley on available hull space.

A Agies cruiser ups that amount to 72 if I remeber correctly..... though myy numbers may be off (not my side of the house, since I am partially trained in aviation) but the simple fact is this.... bigger hulls CAN hold more ammo...

But in respect to Tael.... Fighter bays are a fixed space... there is only one size.... if you want more fighters argue for more bays not bigger bays....

I know a CG (Cruiser) can stay on station longer than a DDG (Dessie) just becuase it can hold more supplys.... now to solve this ammo problem there are only two ways to do it...

A) Add more ammo to each weapon.... Bigger ships should, and imo would, have bigger ammo reserves per weapon.... this is, imo, a sensible choice and you could test the amounts of ammo so it is not too much.... besides the supply points gain from supping a empty dread would be nice or...

B) Add more weapons and leave the ammo levels as they are. This would result in more dmage being done over time and therfore possibley not depleting your ammo supply as quickly sense you are doing moe damage from more weapons per shot (Shot = Alpha Strike).

I agree this should be limited to ammo related weapons.... There should ba a standard baseline to work from.... Dessie's should keep the standard level which they have currently and it should be moddified up and down the baseline based on hull size... Dreads and Cruisers more... Frigates and Scouts less...

This is just an idea.. I am not a programmer unless you are talking Binary, Octal, or Hexidecimal.... the Navy once taught me how to that once... a long time ago... I am more an Idea man... A man that can take a problem and explain it in modern terms and come up with a resanable way of doing things... But it is not I who desides things...

Your humble Beta testing Servant,

Rocko Willis

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-06-06 07:29   
How about the ability to use spare cargo bays to carry ammo of the players choice. No multipliers needed, but dreads have 6 spare (a possible 240/480 spare am torps) whereas frigates have only 2.

All you'd need to do is introduce a new gadget called an 'ammo case'

Of course you wouldn't be able to carry inf, so you'd be less effective at planet capping, but more combat effective.

[ This Message was edited by: c0ldfury on 2005-06-06 07:36 ]

Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-08 13:50   
That is an awesome idea cold...it would give the game more tactics, do you pick up an inf or an ammo case for your cargo...I think the best way to do it would be to have buildable ammo cases for certain weapons (missiles, torps etc.) in the factories and move cargo to a system...I can see it now, an ICC extractor with 10 loads of 100 ammo for it's guns...oh the mayhem...but seriously, if we had cargo space and could grab inf or ammo that would make the game much more strategic...