No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Art » » How do you measure up?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author How do you measure up?
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-06-04 10:25   
Quote:

This is one of the best sites ive seen. I still havent had time to go through this entire site, Its amaizing work.

Here's another one.

It even has something called a Dyson Sphere, which I presume is some sort of household appliance.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-04 11:13   
Quote:

On 2005-06-04 10:25, c0ldfury wrote:
Quote:

This is one of the best sites ive seen. I still havent had time to go through this entire site, Its amaizing work.

Here's another one.

It even has something called a Dyson Sphere, which I presume is some sort of household appliance.

I love the Dyson's sphere episode.. Ive even suggested something like it to be put into DS, but it was shot down because how much work itd take to put into the mv.

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-06-04 11:25   
Quote:

On 2005-06-04 11:13, CharAznable wrote:
I love the Dyson's sphere episode.. Ive even suggested something like it to be put into DS, but it was shot down because how much work itd take to put into the mv.

Unless it was incorperated into the background, it would look like a rather large dodecahedron. In a few years time, I'm sure some clever people will figure out an efficient way to do it.

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-06-04 11:33   
BTW, there is a forum on that site where we can request ships to be added to the databse. Free advertiseing for DS maybe?!

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-04 11:47   
yeah not a bad idea

Atom$k {PK}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-04 12:06   
Quote:

On 2005-06-04 01:26, Shigernafy wrote:
Also keep in mind that some of our ships are bigger than planets... so somewhere 'round here, there's a scale issue.

LOL, nawww. No issues there.

And as for the Dyson Sphere idea, ummm.....what purpose would that serve? a Dyson sphere is a structure built around an entire solar system, or more specifically the sun of that system. The Dyson sphere draws solar energy from it to power it for whatever its purpose is. I'm not only saying this because of Star Trek. The space sim Freelancer contained a Dyson Sphere at the end of the story mode that did pretty much the same thing but in a different way. You complain about lag now? Imagine something as complex as Freelancer's Dyson Sphere, which had to be broken up into 3 seperate maps to show the whole thing, being slapped onto DarkSpace. You'll get something like "[-GTN-]Xin {C?} has crashed into [-GTN-]Xin {C?}!".

I guess it'd be nice eye candy, though....but in my opinion, just a bad idea =P SOMEONE clear up the AC vs. Galaxy difference, though....ignoring the cruddy planet-to-ship scale of DS.

-Xin

Edit: space sim, not flight sim....>.>

[ This Message was edited by: Xin {C?} on 2005-06-04 12:08 ]

Once a Pirate, always -$|P-

Email Atom$k {PK}
philll
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-04 12:07   
how many ppl are supposed to fit in a station?
makes u wonder....
a planet population?

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-04 12:31   
@ Xin, you got some good points on the dyson sphere vs the Mv, At the time i suggested it the lag wasnt as bad as it is now. Granted this was a few yrs ago.. and the past is always more nastalgic. But If i remember correctly I was thinking that it would be more of a novelty than fully functional.. Like its out in the middle of nowhere, you can go in the ports, zoom arround inside see some Eye candy, bulid your 32 buildings on the inside, maybe use it as a Duel area...

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-04 14:01   
Quote:

On 2005-06-04 07:42, Fornax wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-06-04 01:12, LordShard wrote:
But because a federation ship is multipurpose(Ussually has more advanced technology than who they are fighting also, such as romulans and klingons, stupid Romulans buy their warbirds from teh klingons.) it is ussually more effective than a ship of similar size because it can more effectivly take advantages of weaknesses, various types of attacks (find their shield frequency with more advanced scanners(federation would be able to find the eemies shield frequency because of more advanced scanners, find ways of dealing with new types of weapons, ect ect). But a purebreed warship of similar technology and size would still beat the shiz out of it.

Silly Shard - I think I'm about to show my age.

The Romulan Warbirds ("bought from the Klingons") were really a cost decision in TOS (The old show) only. It was cheaper to use the existing model (& footage) than it was to build a unique design. They called them Battlecruisers though...there was a uniquely Romulan SUBLIGHT ship called a Warbird in the episode called "Balance of Terror".

But, most definately, the "TNG" (The Next Generation) Romulan Warbirds are most assuredly a Romulan Built & Designed ship. And, the Canon is, the Romulans are generally as advanced or more so than the Federation...at least in Warships. And yes, you're right on one thing. The Romulan Warbirds you saw in the TNG shows...yes, a single one should easily have returned the Enterprise to the dust from which it began. Sadly, even the Sovereign Class is outmatched by the Romulan Battleship. Of course, games like Bridge Commander, being a "Federation Centered" game, portray things differently.

Nax

[ This Message was edited by: Fornax on 2005-06-04 07:43 ]

In STar Trek lore or whatever you call it, the Romulans paid good money for the most obselete ships (Romulans thought they were getting good ships when they bought them) from the Klingons and retro fitted them. This helped the klingons fund their super battleship.

Taking that into account how old do you think the Klingons' old obselete motballed ships were even when retrofitted by a race with inferior technology? Certainly not well. I think in Voyager when "admiral" Janeway comes back to the past to make the Voyager come back sooner, she is in a SHUTTLE with armor so strong and quickly aable to adapt it was called anti-borg because borg cubes wern't able to penetrate it no matter what they did. NOw note how biga shuttle is and how big a cube is, and how many weapons ect. An even slight technology differnce is all it takes to win a fight.

Don't press Ctrl W!

Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-04 15:09   
TOS Enterprise was considered much tougher than most of the comparable races vessels - but 3 obsolete ships would have been sufficient, hence, Kirk running (and cloaking to get away )

Wasn't really talking about the Negh'Var - just the old hulls sold to the Rommies.

Anybody remember the ST: Canon 'rule'?

Nax

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-05 03:34   
Quote:

On 2005-06-04 15:09, Nax wrote:
TOS Enterprise was considered much tougher than most of the comparable races vessels - but 3 obsolete ships would have been sufficient, hence, Kirk running (and cloaking to get away )

Wasn't really talking about the Negh'Var - just the old hulls sold to the Rommies.

Nax

You don't get it.

Don't press Ctrl W!

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-05 04:52   
Quote:

On 2005-06-04 15:09, Nax wrote:

ummm dont be the Extra on the away team?

Yitram
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-05 13:13   
Quote:

Redshirt = death?

Email Yitram
Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-05 14:08   
Well I'm 6ft from finger tip to finger tip, arms extended

lilFrigate (Marys Soldier)
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-05 18:40   
charzanable, a star trek mod would be cool.

Equilibrium!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024843 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR