Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Ignore not working?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Ignore not working?
Hellaciouss
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-05 03:43   
I have tried ignoring people, but for some reason it's nort working. I am getting sick and tired of being called a "puss" by Knight_Aurther becuase I choose not to get within 250gu of his flux @#$%^ ships. He sends it using /target and Vice Admiral Shade (using /target also) rambling on about how useless elf beam is vs his "ub3r godly ownage AC" with an "ub3r godly reactor". Is ignore workin for anyone else, or no?

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-05 04:03   
ummmm.... exactly i werent rambling about anything... just wanted to tell you that youre wasting your own time by firing ELF while i move kinda slowly and generate energy enough to sustain two ELFs, then you started accusing me and calling me a newbie for nothing....

And the ignore not working is an old server bug i think... dunno how to avoid it, it just doesnt work, but would be better to work so i wouldnt have to listen to nonsense little´kiddies keep posting....

i guess theres a decent delay or then it works only in lobby.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-05 04:11   
Well your all no better than each other, if you have problems with people insulting you ingame or out of game, use the /report feature.

Ignore doesnt work on the metaserver ingame.

[ This Message was edited by: Kratos on 2005-06-05 04:13 ]

Hellaciouss
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-05 04:15   
Quote:

On 2005-06-05 04:03, Vice Admiral Shade wrote:
ummmm.... exactly i werent rambling about anything... just wanted to tell you that youre wasting your own time by firing ELF while i move kinda slowly and generate energy enough to sustain two ELFs, then you started accusing me and calling me a newbie for nothing....

And the ignore not working is an old server bug i think... dunno how to avoid it, it just doesnt work, but would be better to work so i wouldnt have to listen to nonsense little´kiddies keep posting....

i guess theres a decent delay or then it works only in lobby.

Obviously you didn't get what I was saying, after I told you repeatedly to let me be so I could play my own game.

I didn't care that you still had some enegry left after I elf'ed you. I was worried about MY energy for MY weapons. The ONLY reason I carry elf. You kept going on and on about how it didn't effect you. Well it effected me, becuase every time I elf'ed you I jumped 20+ energy, which was my main goal; so I could continue firing my weapons without having to stop becuase of energy issuses.

So, you can continue to call me a newb or whatever to your own faction. Stop sending me /tells and informing me of what you think of me.

*spelling

[ This Message was edited by: RebornDragon on 2005-06-05 04:16 ]

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-05 04:44   
@ RebornDragon,

Do you just go arround /Reporting people if they use the /Target Chat?

And,

/Ignore doesnt work /Ingame

oh and Btw, using the /Report function is a Serious Deal, so Id suggest treating it as such.

-Charz

Hellaciouss
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-05 05:40   
Quote:

On 2005-06-05 04:44, CharAznable wrote:
@ RebornDragon,

Do you just go arround /Reporting people if they use the /Target Chat?

And,

/Ignore doesnt work /Ingame

oh and Btw, using the /Report function is a Serious Deal, so Id suggest treating it as such.

-Charz

I have yet to /report anybody. I never said I did /report anyone (please quote me if I did). I am just getting sick of the things they send becuase I don't play in a way that makes it easy for them to damage me let alone kill me. It's as if they expect me to sit in front of them and them lob torps and beams at me and they get angry when I don't, or sit within range of their flux boats, and I am getting sick of hearing it when I can't even use the /ignore feature. If they do keep bothering me like this, I may have to use it. I've told them both to stop messeging me a few times.

[ This Message was edited by: RebornDragon on 2005-06-05 05:42 ]

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-06-05 06:25   
would be nice with ingnore working ingame to.

i would be banned for report spamming if i should report every insult that get trown at me or other players ingame.

thats reborns point

to be able to block some players out of personal chat that spoils the game even more than any amount of fluxing, cobbing or carrier bomb drops can do.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-05 07:02   
@Rag,
I fully understand RebornDragons point. For he has reported me a week and a half ago( under my Charz acct ). And all i did was to try to work with him. I dont see how it was intimidation. I think he has a good point on the Ignore working ingame, but i think this guy needs to remember that makking flase reports is just as bad.

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-05 07:46   
Reborn: Yes you DID drain energy from me, but as I said ingame, it did not AFFECT me, thus you didnt cause me actual harm with it when i generate more power to replace than you can drain... AND I didnt carry it on, it was you who started flaming and speaking nonsense. My first sentence waas exactly "Your elf doesn't work against me...", which could not have been any kind of insult towards anybody, YOU started insulting me, calling me a newbie, and accusing me of "being po'ed off and acting tough to make it look like it didnt work when it really worked" .

And you know what? You actually threatened reporting me to a moderator in a way "..I'll call a mod to step in" was one of your sentences ending part.

Threatening with /report or calling a mod in isn't quite the way to go unless it's really a SERIOUS THING, especially after I heard you of sending false reports of Charz, no offense, but I seriously think you should think quadruple times before you even consider thinking about saying the word.

--------------------------------------

Hellaciouss
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-05 08:20   
Quote:
@Rag,
I fully understand RebornDragons point. For he has reported me a week and a half ago( under my Charz acct ). And all i did was to try to work with him. I dont see how it was intimidation. I think he has a good point on the Ignore working ingame, but i think this guy needs to remember that makking flase reports is just as bad.

I've never reported anyone, you should check with a GM about that.

Quote:
Reborn: Yes you DID drain energy from me, but as I said ingame, it did not AFFECT me, thus you didnt cause me actual harm with it when i generate more power to replace than you can drain... AND I didnt carry it on, it was you who started flaming and speaking nonsense. My first sentence waas exactly "Your elf doesn't work against me...", which could not have been any kind of insult towards anybody, YOU started insulting me, calling me a newbie, and accusing me of "being po'ed off and acting tough to make it look like it didnt work when it really worked" .

And you know what? You actually threatened reporting me to a moderator in a way "..I'll call a mod to step in" was one of your sentences ending part.

Threatening with /report or calling a mod in isn't quite the way to go unless it's really a SERIOUS THING, especially after I heard you of sending false reports of Charz, no offense, but I seriously think you should think quadruple times before you even consider thinking about saying the word.

Like I said the first time you made a comment in game. I didn't care what you thought it didn't do to you, it's what it did for me, yet you refused to accept any other tactics in using the Elf other then draining your enemy so he can't use his weapons. I don't go out and do this. I use Elf to replenish my energy so I can fire. I could careless what weapons it kept you from using or how worthless is was vs you.

My first reply was something like this; "I know for a fact it does, becuase you need energy to regain shields and fire your weapons." At that point you went on and on about it every time I would use it. I asked you to leave me alone a few times, and when you didn't, yes, I threatened to ask a GM to step in to end the conversation since ignore wasn't working.

Again, I have never reported anyone for harassment. You can ask a GM, as I am sure they have reports of everyone who reports anything. Stop speading blatant lies.

*spelling

[ This Message was edited by: RebornDragon on 2005-06-05 08:28 ]

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-05 09:31   
@RebornDragon, dont worry i know what im talking about. When i get a message from a modderator telling me that "i should know better than to Intimidate new players", I take it very seriously. And yes it was you. The Moderator couldnt say who it was, but that night you were the only person that I had /target talked to.. You were attacking a SY world. that other ICC players had kept some of there ships in.. I told you it was in your better interest to start taking back Procyon, then you told me Proc was too big a job for you, I then said I didnt know if i could keep these guys off of you for very long. Then a Station piloted by supertrooper came out of the SY and started defending that world.. you reported me for Intimidation.. And i all i was trying to do was help you, and help your faction.

You have taught me to keep better records on all the /target chats I have with new players.

-Charz

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-05 09:32   
while ignore may or maynot work in game, you still retain a rather powerfull tool for ignoring other players (talking nearly 100% effectivness here). should you find yourself lacking this particular tool, id wager you have bigger problems at hand then other players.

//brainignore [list|add|delete] [user name]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-05 10:31   
Ignore does need to be implemented ingame. Period. This is not the first time it has become an issue, and surely not the last. I have logged off because of constant /t and /y harrassment by certain players, and lord knows that it would be nice to be able to ignore certain team mates even.

Even worse is the fact that if they know it is annoying you, they do it more. Like flux. They really think it's cute. Until they get bored because the enemy just said screw off and logged out.

If somebody asks for you to not /t them, then why should you continue? It is really THAT SIMPLE. If you keep doing it after the player asks you to stop, you are just being a true dillhole, and the kinda player that makes this game suck at times.

But, I already know, you don't care.

Azreal

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Hellaciouss
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-05 11:03   
Quote:

On 2005-06-05 09:31, CharAznable wrote:
@RebornDragon, dont worry i know what im talking about. When i get a message from a modderator telling me that "i should know better than to Intimidate new players", I take it very seriously. And yes it was you. The Moderator couldnt say who it was, but that night you were the only person that I had /target talked to.. You were attacking a SY world. that other ICC players had kept some of there ships in.. I told you it was in your better interest to start taking back Procyon, then you told me Proc was too big a job for you, I then said I didnt know if i could keep these guys off of you for very long. Then a Station piloted by supertrooper came out of the SY and started defending that world.. you reported me for Intimidation.. And i all i was trying to do was help you, and help your faction.

You have taught me to keep better records on all the /target chats I have with new players.

-Charz

Sorry bud, but I've never made any offical reports on anyone. I remember that night, and I spoke about it jokingly in the lobby that you said, "If you don't stop I will have every ICC ship wipe the Kluth off the map" or something like that. I never said proc was too big a job, I said I didn't feel like trying to cap planets where most of your fleet was present at the time becuase of the UGTO, there is a big difference.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-05 12:54   
Hasn't this gotten way off topic? Seems a simple question as to whether or not Ignore works ingame, or whether it could implemented, has turned into a flame war with both sides putting their personal trifles of problems into the equation.

I may be no mod, but I think continueing on this course will likely cause this sucker to be locked down a shot away, if we dont get back on topic.

As for ignore ingame...

Im all for this...there are some people you just dont want to listen to while your playing, and ignoring them really helps, you can of course just not listen to them, but who really wants to see a flood of /t? I think this should be put in at some point or another...

-Ent

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023857 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR