Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » A comparison to DS: Anyone of you guys ever play Asheron's Call?
 Author A comparison to DS: Anyone of you guys ever play Asheron's Call?
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-05 21:24   
When was the last time you played?

A little history for anyone who hasn't. About 3-4 years ago, programs called "Macros" started to emerge. They let people press a key (Start), and let their computers play their characters to level up. Soon enough you saw level 200 characters (max actual level in game is 126 which was NEVER supposed to be attained, 3rd party programs predict further levels). So people said "Hey! Cool! I can do that too!" so they did. And more & more people started to macro.

When I left AC about a year ago, I knew maybe 2 people who didn't macro their characters - out of tens of thousands. Two. The game is soon to die because of it (or it may continue, because from what I've heard there are still about 500-1000 people who login and macro every day, none that actually play though).

Just a thought for those people who like to press a single key to get the easy win.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-05 21:57   
lol

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-05 22:53   
My ESP tells me that there's some deep, underlying meaning to this whole thing...

Email Bobamelius
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-05 23:02   
E, V, Shift+J is too many keys to press. that process should be automated or something

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-05 23:17   
Quote:

On 2005-06-05 23:02, Doran wrote:
E, V, Shift+J is too many keys to press. that process should be automated or something

Lmao...

~Switch

* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-05 23:43   
SWG had the ability to macro programed into the game, the use of macros is a subject of many of opinions.

However, by nature, people as a whole generally will find and take the easiest way to win /shrug

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-05 23:48   
Quote:

On 2005-06-05 23:43, Maskerade wrote:
SWG had the ability to macro programed into the game, the use of macros is a subject of many of opinions.

However, by nature, people as a whole generally will find and take the easiest way to win /shrug

Its not merely the easiest way, its the fastest ways too.

-Ent

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-06 01:08   
Macros should be in the game but should be limited.

Don't press Ctrl W!

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-06 02:18   
I used to play AC, and honestly what turned me off to the game was the same grind and repetetive gameplay that turns me off to every MMORPG of its kind. The Macroing problem is not, imho, as serious as you portray it to be. There are lots of dedicated players still around...

I still have respect for AC. Just don't play it anymore.

-Dem

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-06 03:15   
Quote:

On 2005-06-06 02:18, Demorian wrote:
I used to play AC, and honestly what turned me off to the game was the same grind and repetetive gameplay that turns me off to every MMORPG of its kind. The Macroing problem is not, imho, as serious as you portray it to be. There are lots of dedicated players still around...

I still have respect for AC. Just don't play it anymore.

-Dem

Got Ebay?

On lineage 2 people always whine about Ebays and botters, but NcSoft doesn't care because even though it's against the rules, they get 80% of their revenue form them. xP

Don't press Ctrl W!

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-06 10:58   
Demo... within a month of the new server being opened you had level 200s that had macroed, and you had more "126"s than all the sub-126s put together. Within a month people had macroed to the cap. Its worse than I make it out to be. Go try & get a group of people to play, I can promise you all of 'em are macro-leveled and half of them probably don't even know any of the quests. Just some food for thought.

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-06 16:22   
Quote:

On 2005-06-06 10:58, Coeus wrote:
Demo... within a month of the new server being opened you had level 200s that had macroed, and you had more "126"s than all the sub-126s put together. Within a month people had macroed to the cap. Its worse than I make it out to be. Go try & get a group of people to play, I can promise you all of 'em are macro-leveled and half of them probably don't even know any of the quests. Just some food for thought.

I like that though. In lineage 2, macros were limited, but people built programs to bot with. We would go off and kill the bots. Not caring if you go red. (Red is bad, you get to be a free kill for whoever wants your stuff)

Don't press Ctrl W!

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-06 17:01   
Quote:
I like that though.

Exactly what I would expect from you.

Talon
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-13 02:11   
I played asherons call for over 3 years. Your accusations are overexagerated by alot. Yes macroing has been a problem for several years, but not one macro program has been made to allow someone to be lvl 200 from lvl 1 within 1 month.

And as for boring and repition, Darktide was truly the awnser and real gameplay within AC

Page created in 0.021154 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR