No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » my continuance in this game
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author my continuance in this game
|2eason
Grand Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-06-12 08:19   
Moooooooooooo...

Having said that: Games are for entertainment and for fun. Not having fun? Simple and to the point: Re-roll.

GG, k tnx bye

- |2eason the retired -

[-[A]-]|2eason the retired

MOC
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-12 09:21   
11 entries found for gall.
gall2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gôl)
n.
A skin sore caused by friction and abrasion: a saddle gall.

Exasperation; vexation.
The cause of such vexation.

v. galled, gall·ing, galls
v. tr.
To make (the skin) sore by abrasion; chafe.
To damage or break the surface of by or as if by friction; abrade: the bark of saplings galled by improper staking. See Synonyms at chafe.
To irk or exasperate; vex: It galled me to have to wait outside.

v. intr.
To become irritated, chafed, or sore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English galle, from Old English gealla, possibly from Latin galla, nutgall.]

[Download Now or Buy the Book]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

gall1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gôl)
n.
See bile.

Bitterness of feeling; rancor.
Something bitter to endure: the gall of defeat.
Outrageous insolence; effrontery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English, from Old English gealla, galla. See ghel-2 in Indo-European Roots.]

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

gall3 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gôl)
n.
An abnormal swelling of plant tissue caused by insects, microorganisms, or external injury.

[Middle English galle, from Old French, from Latin galla, nutgall.]

Main Entry: 3gall
Function: transitive verb
: to fret and wear away by friction : CHAFE

Source: Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

Main Entry: 4gall
Function: noun
: a swelling of plant tissue usually due to fungi or insect parasites and sometimes forming an important source of tannin

Main Entry: 1gall
Pronunciation: 'gol
: BILE; especially : bile obtained from an animal and used in the arts or medicine

Main Entry: 2gall
: a skin sore caused by chronic irritation

gall

n 1: an open sore on the back of a horse caused by ill-fitting or badly adjusted saddle [syn: saddle sore] 2: a skin sore caused by chafing 3: abnormal swelling of plant tissue caused by insects or microorganisms or injury 4: a feeling of deep and bitter anger and ill-will [syn: resentment, bitterness, rancor, rancour] 5: a digestive juice secreted by the liver and stored in the gallbladder; aids in the digestion of fats [syn: bile] 6: the trait of being rude and impertinent; inclined to take liberties [syn: crust, impertinence, impudence, insolence, cheekiness, freshness] v 1: become or make sore by or as if by rubbing [syn: chafe, fret] 2: irritate or vex; "It galls me that we lost the suit" [syn: irk]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

gall

(1) Heb. mererah, meaning "bitterness" (Job 16:13); i.e., the bile secreted in
the liver. This word is also used of the poison of asps (20:14), and of the
vitals, the seat of life (25).

(2.) Heb. rosh. In Deut. 32:33 and Job 20:16 it
denotes the poison of serpents. In Hos. 10:4 the Hebrew word is rendered
"hemlock." The original probably denotes some bitter, poisonous plant, most
probably the poppy, which grows up quickly, and is therefore coupled with
wormwood (Deut. 29:18; Jer. 9:15; Lam. 3:19). Comp. Jer. 8:14; 23:15, "water of
gall," Gesenius, "poppy juice;" others, "water of hemlock," "bitter water."

(3.)
Gr. chole (Matt. 27:34), the LXX. translation of the Hebrew _rosh_ in Ps. 69;
21, which foretells our Lord's sufferings. The drink offered to our Lord was
vinegar (made of light wine rendered acid, the common drink of Roman soldiers)
"mingled with gall," or, according to Mark (15:23), "mingled with myrrh;" both
expressions meaning the same thing, namely, that the vinegar was made bitter by
the infusion of wormwood or some other bitter substance, usually given,
according to a merciful custom, as an anodyne to those who were crucified, to
render them insensible to pain. Our Lord, knowing this, refuses to drink it. He
would take nothing to cloud his faculties or blunt the pain of dying. He chooses
to suffer every element of woe in the bitter cup of agony given him by the
Father (John 18:11).

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-12 09:40   
......what the....

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-12 09:56   
congratulations vertol

@the naysayers; guess what? youre right! the game DOES need a fix, and it DOES need it soon. say... i heard about this thing faustus and the DS guys were doing... what was it called?

oh, right...

BETA

you know, that thing where theyre almost developing an entire new game? the thing where faustus and tael and chromix are working out all the bugs so we'll have a good game when it's done? the thing you're COMPLAINING ABOUT?

and as previously mentioned, most of you guys spend 99% of your time in the lobby doing nothing. kindly shut up and stop chasing away new players who might otherwise like the game. when the first thing new people see is "this game sucks, im leaving" their impressions tend to be permanently impacted. so congratulations on probably doing a lot to destroy faustus' bank balance.

funnily enough faustus is doing his best like he always is. i don't think ANY of you could come close to being able to doing the amount of work he does for us and to keep his own head above water, so stop putting pressure on him to do things hes already trying to do.

if you dont like the game, leave. especially if you're onea the aforementioned lobby-camping negatory-comment-making n00bs who ruin the game for the people who just want more people to play with.

thankyou.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-12 10:58   
Quote:

On 2005-06-12 09:56, Lark Of Eternity {Absolut} wrote:
congratulations vertol

@the naysayers; guess what? youre right! the game DOES need a fix, and it DOES need it soon. say... i heard about this thing faustus and the DS guys were doing... what was it called?

oh, right...

BETA

may I please see the hands of those PAYING PLAYERS who pay to play beta?

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-12 11:07   
I pay to play, and I play in beta. So, I geuss me azreal. Leave DS if you realy think it's that bad. Not to mean, but it's people that think DS cant succede that are bringing it down, and azreal, your one of them.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-12 15:44   
Quote:

On 2005-06-12 07:41, Azreal wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-06-12 03:46, Coeus [Recruiting] wrote:

They don't seem to realize that while they may talk about "Oh you spent so much time on the ships & all those useless updates!" that the ships & whatnot were an afterthought that took at most a month to impliment, meanwhile in the months beforehand & since there have been ONGOING updates to the backend code to fix all of the problems that people are constantly talking about.

Um. the last patch was last year. And guess what. All the bugs we have now we had then. They are still there. Like a big thumb in the eye.

The best patch DS could give us would be one that got rid of the lobby. Personally, I have a hard time taking these "DS is just dandy" posts from people who ride the lobby 99% of the time, and the game MAYBE 1 % of the time they log in. Put as much time IN GAME, and then see what you think.

Again. Fixxed in beta? WHO CARES! TWO WEEKS??? WHO CARES???? The problems are here and now, and have been ongoing FAR TOO LONG.

WE NEED A FIX FOR THE GAME WE PAY FOR. Is that so freakin hard to wrap your simple minds around?

I never said there were ongoing patches. I said there were ongoing updates (Please try to keep in that pea the thought that we're talking about BETA here) to the codebase. Please stop skimming posts for nitpicking info & start actually reading them.

[Edit - Removed an insult. And you two seem to be talking about different things, or something, because I see your points as somewhat separate and not really worthy of arguing against eachother. But that's just me, hijacking posts.]

[small][ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2005-06-12 16:08 ][/small]

[Edit - I can hijack posts too! ]

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2005-06-12 21:08 ]

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-12 15:58   
Lets keep the flames down to a minmum guys...otherwise this threads just gonna get locked like the other billion threads like it.

Play it clean, paying doesnt give you the right to mouth off at each other now, does it?

Having said that, we all get fustrated when things dont go our way and are out of our control, but like I stated in my thread, Faustus doesnt like doing hot fixes because they can break the game more than they fix it. Every action has an effect...

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-12 16:07   
Well... I was about to lock it just because of Coeus's comment; things had been at least non-personal when they were midly insulting (ie, stupid lobby campers!). Name calling, however..

I don't think this necessary a lost cause of a thread (gall definitions notwithstanding), so I'll not lock it just yet.. but don't insult others, please.

Email Shigernafy
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-12 19:36   
More fun that way... bah, damn rules...

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
shadey
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-12 22:23   
please dont lock this, i feel that it helps to vent and perhaps gives the staff a heads up about the game. Plus i like az feel that the lobby does hurt he game, far too many people lobby camp and preach about beta, fine beta testers are needed, fine F is busy, fine DS has a small staff, that does not change the fact that they are selling a buggy product. I really do like the potential of DS, but i tire of paying for promises

RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-06-13 00:27   
Issues I have with the game in order of importance:

1) Player base is too small. When there are at least 10-20 playing in a system I have the most fun. But this only seems to happen during certain times of the day.

On some levels DS is special because it doesn't have a HUGE player base. I can log on and know 90% of the people on and have talked with them, kind of like a small town. Some other online games there are just tons of people and its like a big city.

2) Lag does suck. What irritates me the most are planet collisions or lagged out when I'm close jumped. Makes me feel like a Noob. The most bothersome lag is the 5second+ kind.

3) For me the overall idea of how the MV and faction fighting are handled. It just seems pointless to go back and forth capturing planets. I'd like some kind of time limit for a reset like 1 month. Or some way to register a faction winning by points etc. Little more than I can go over in this short post. But I hope you guys get the ideas that I'm talking about.

Just some way to say, hey your faction won this month, now lets reset and do it again.

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-13 00:51   
Anyone want to see some totally sweet socks and sandals pictures?

Puppies gotta die, too.

Hellaciouss
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-13 09:45   
Quiting won't help, but it seems purposly crashing a server will, as long as you have 10,000's of people doing it for the same cuase as well; atleast, that's what was going on with the World of Warcraft warrior class. Couple of server crashes and warriors aren't just 'fixed', they have become too powerful.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-13 09:52   
Quote:

On 2005-06-13 00:51, AdmBito wrote:
Anyone want to see some totally sweet socks and sandals pictures?

you know it!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022930 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR