No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Community Alliance
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Community Alliance
Sweet Mary
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-12 07:46   
After reading a recent consumer thread related to their issues with the game in it's current and possible future state and replies I was struck with an idea.

Now lets put aside who's subbed and who isn't. The people here are here for various reasons, but the most important reason is the bonds with the people here.

The fact is we all come from differant places and are at differant stages in our lives which can be a benefit as in we all have differant talents or previously aquired skills that we may not be using at the moment.

For instance, in the past year I've been here I've noticed Faustus has never been really good with consumer relations, which is fine he does what he knows and thats coding. Shigernafy on the other hand, in my eyes, has proven to be excellent with dealing with those issues which involve the unsatisfied. In my opinion he should have more authority in that area and should run that end of DarkSpace and Palestar.

My point is this, subbed or not subbed, play or don't play, but if you're here maybe you have something to offer and maybe Faustus should be more open to that and even recognize those that can offer something in the credits to this game.

There are various skills required in any business, which this is. This game may only need coding to work but it needs alot of other things to be successful. Now being it's all volunteer, having more than one person handling a task is good as long as they are on the same page in handling that task.

Now i'm not sure how far Faustus would go in authorizing authority to individuals for the benefit of his dream and allowing the management of certain aspects of this business to unpayed individuals to insure it's success. However I think everyone here with a skill that is or could be helpful in business should list it here, wether it's human resources, banking, accounting, advertisement, graphic arts, coding, engineering, plublications, consumer relations, webpage design, finance... the list goes on. I'm certain the current team is not great at all those, nor can do it alone with other obligations.

So list your skills if you can volunteer some time and I seriously hope Fautus is willing to listen for the benefit of this community and the success of this game and company.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-06-12 07:55   
You have pretty much summed up everything that the Staff (IE mods and Admins) do.

Goto the website of Drafell
Placebo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-12 08:15   
Hi, my names Placebo... and I'm a moderator...

Or am I...?

But anyways...

Thats what us staff are for to help you guys...yes there are some things we can't do..But we all strive to help you when you need it...

More power to us would be nice though... If only I could ban you all..

Just kidding!

But as I stated before, we are here to help you guys and gals out when you need it...So when you have a problem, feel free to ask me for help.

and I'll ban you...

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-12 08:16   
Quote:

You have pretty much summed up everything that the Staff (IE mods and Admins) do.

Not necessarily do well.

PS: Yes, you MUST be a Staff (Moderator/Admin Before you can even be considered to help with Darkspace. Other than the typical putoffs of 'Oh, post it in beta', yet, Ask Drafell and he will tell you 'Oh, Admins already considered those ideas years ago and dumped them'.

The Staff Secrecy and their lack of results despite saying they have a 'full' Developer team is why everybody is leaving this game.

Oh yes, before anybody bothers to respond to this, you guys have no idea how many times ive been told 'Oh thats planned', 'Oh this is planned' 'Oh that is planned', and see absolutly squat in terms of results.

[small][ This Message was edited by: RedXIII on 2005-06-12 08:23 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: RedXIII on 2005-06-12 08:40 ]

Goto the website of Novacat
|2eason
Grand Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-06-12 08:21   
Quote:
The Staff Secrecy and their lack of results despite saying they have a 'full' Developer team is why everybody is leaving this game.

Thats part of it.

*removed content not related to the topic of this thread*

- |2eason the retired -

[ This Message was edited by: |2eason on 2005-06-12 08:24 ]

[-[A]-]|2eason the retired

Placebo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-12 08:39   
This community alliance is planned, just wait...

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-12 09:59   
if you wanna spread the DS love, make a poster, print X number of them, staple them to the walls of bathrooms and on the street.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-12 11:33   

[ This Message was edited by: Crimson {Fear} on 2005-06-12 11:34 ]

Sweet Mary
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-12 18:47   
Quote:

On 2005-06-12 07:55, Drafell wrote:

Really now? well IF mods and admins could do ALL the required aspects of keeping this place going and growing then why isn't the game going and growing?

you want to keep the community out and limit all abilities to assist in making this what I'm sure someone sometime ago invisioned it to be when there are people here capable and willing to use their abilities fine.. Eventually there won't be anyone but you and you can proud of having that power and title all alone.

my point is you can't do it yourselves despite how you insist you can.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-12 19:16   
I'm doing my part with advertising!

Email Shigernafy
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-12 19:20   
Quote:

On 2005-06-12 18:47, Woob {Absolut} wrote:
Quote:

Really now? well IF mods and admins could do ALL the required aspects of keeping this place going and growing then why isn't the game going and growing?

you want to keep the community out and limit all abilities to assist in making this what I'm sure someone sometime ago invisioned it to be when there are people here capable and willing to use their abilities fine.. Eventually there won't be anyone but you and you can proud of having that power and title all alone.

Because its not their full time payed jobs.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-12 19:22   

best pic ever shig =D

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob (x2 Pistolet Makarov) on 2005-06-12 19:22 ]

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-12 19:43   
Quote:

On 2005-06-12 19:20, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-06-12 18:47, Woob {Absolut} wrote:
Quote:

Because its not their full time payed jobs.

Backslash, eh?

His whole point is that the Devs are claiming they have a full Dev Staff when theres nothing getting done. If the Devs arent able to accomplish their tasks they shouldnt be in the position. Im personally sick of seeing many glaring issues with website yet ive yet to see anything done about it. Yet im told DS has about 24 Website editors....

Obviously they either are unable, or unwilling to do their jobs. Either way, either get more Website developers who will fix even simple problems or replace the ones you have. Or simply get the ones slacking off to do more.

[ This Message was edited by: RedXIII on 2005-06-12 19:44 ]

Goto the website of Novacat
Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-12 22:37   
That's just content editors.

Most of the lack of action you see is due to poor leadership; most people are willing to put in more time and effort than they do currently, but aren't given tasks to do or thanks for what they do do.

So blame the admins for not being leaders, and the admins for not being self-starting.

Email Mithrandir
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-13 00:38   
This might be a bit too far out of the box of a suggestion.. ( and im willing to put it in the Suggestions Thread).. but it sounds like we need a "Front Man", a kind of prime minister to handle Ads, player issues and help steer this ship towards progress. Just like when fat kids get personal trainers to whip them into shape.

on a side note.. I dont think ive ever been told there was a full dev staff.. I just assumed this was a step beyond garrage. I guess thats what i get for not questioning.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020138 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR