Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Community Alliance
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Community Alliance
RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-06-13 01:07   
@Shing ROFLMAO

Talked with some game shop owners and they had heard about DS. The flier idea is good but the game on CD may be better. What's the chance of getting more CDs out in the market for free or the $5?

In the spirit of helping out I've assigned myself to the position of WItty Humor Guy during intense combat. I'll give you a smile while you mash your spacebar.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-13 04:10   
I like the analogy, Char. Not quite sure how apt it is, but its humorous, if nothing else.

Kinda relates to the comment from Mith, too.

And, as dorky as it may be to admit it, I am still cracking up at my own image there. But then again, it is 2am, so that may have something to do with it..

Email Shigernafy
Sweet Mary
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-13 08:23   
I'm not sure what to say.

Noone is going to make posters, spend capital printing them and time getting retailers to display them knowing that they will never get recognized for it let alone paid. Some might if they'd get recognized and thanked ... some form of gratitude. From the sounds of it from Mith's reply the staff doesn't get any gratitude either for their work. Not sure if you were implying the community doesn't or your boss doesn't so I'll take a second to say thank you. I just hope the person that really needs to be thanking you finds the time to do that too.

My idea here was to have people list their skills that may be helpful. But I failed to realize when i originally posted that being helpful beyond forum ranting and doing artwork was limited to an exclusive club of people known as staff. you'd think being they use their free time, unpaid to do what they do they'd be happy to have a hand from others willing to do the same. I now realize that isn't the case.

It's sad in every sense of the word.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-13 08:26   
I do lots for the community, but I do it and dont EXPECT thanks or to be PAID or any sort of payment (be it a coupon of some sort, etc).

I do what I can because I love the game, theres no need to spam it here, theres no need to tell the staff (unless its something to do with serious advertisment (magazine review etc)).

For instance, I got the game on the cover disk of pcgamer UK couple of months back (its planned for september though), its a nice thing to post about, but I dont expect any reward for it, or thanks. I do it because I want to play with more people, make more friends, you know?

If you want to make some posters, then why not?

|2eason
Grand Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-06-13 09:55   
Do you know what would really save this game?

Money (lots of it), the ability to control time, or know someone that is an elite coding master that works fast , for free, and puts their coding before their personal life and expects nothing in return, including gratitude from those you do the work for. Oh yeah, that last one would also require Faustus to lose his pride, freedom that comes with coding your own work and coding style/coding methods. One more thing Faustus would lose, complete and total control over his property in some form or another.

So yeah, have any of those listed above and you could probably save Darkspace.

Back in reality, feel free to use any methods you feel will work or help in any way. The only thing I see that could realistically happen, and its a far shot, would be if Faustus could spend all his free-time on DS once again. Of course, this would be after at least a 3-month vacation away from any and all form of technology. For reasons I feel I am not at liberty to disclose, I do not see this happening anytime soon, especially with DS in the condition its in.

I personally do not want to see this place fade away, never have and never will. However, games, communities, friends and people come and go. Even though I no longer consider myself a part of this community, I was at one time and I will miss this place when its gone, just like I miss those who left before me and those I left behind. What I will cherish are the memories and experience this place has given me and the friendships I have gained.

Just remember: some things are meant to fade. There is a reason behind everything, whether it is known to us or not.

If you feel the need to vent, dont do it on the forums or in the chatroom, or in the game for that matter. Yell at your monitor and take some time away from your computer, Trust me, its alot more constructive and alot more appropriate.

Game on, cherish the time you have and remember:

Its only a game, have fun!

Take care, Good luck,

- |2eason the retired -
(former Staffmember/Developer)

PS: Forum mods/Admins should be nuking those complaining threads, all they do is harm Darkspace.

[-[A]-]|2eason the retired

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-06-13 12:12   
I made a small program that you can burn on to CD and will autorun an Install menu. It's by no means professional level work, but it does include the current Manual on the CD and the Game client.

If people want to make DarkSpace CD's to give away then I can probably finish it up to a reasonable standard that is suitable for distribution with instructions on how to set up the CD's.

These would be for free distribution only.

If you want to help DarkSpace you could go and buy a stack of 100 sixty min CD's and cellophane slip cases and dump these in your local gamestore to give away. Maybe have a double sided paper slip that has the DS Logo and other info on front and back to enclose each CD too before being put into the slips.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2005-06-13 12:18 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-17 09:20   
it seems to me like the staff is either:

A: willing and able, but have nothing to do
B: Inactive. (ive never seen some admins before)

in addition, having just the staff help out the game is overlooking alot of talent. im sure theres lots of people that can help on web sites (Coding, graphics), game development (coding, graphics), or public relations.

now, public relations?

yes. games have trailers. games have intro movies. games have posters (like the icc transport one F did).

if you want a "darkspace street team" of people advertising, then give them incentive. im sure this would be easy to code in, and my idea fallows.

when users sign up for an account, theres a "user refferal" box right? add another one under it that says "Game key" with (not nessesary) beside it.

so whats the game key for? the devs give me an up to date auto install of darkspace, a manual, some "user tips" and some wallpapers. i buy blank CD's, stamp them with stickers (so they look a little better then blank cd's), and past a custom "game key" on them.

i tell the devs what 'my' game key is, so everytime a new user registeres with it, i get credits. say 5 credits is a month free of darkspace for me? or something like that.

and when they sign up they get thier two week free trial, get hooked, and pay.

i can see with me doing this in vancouver, backslash in the UK, *insert name and place*, we could bring in alot of more people.

/////////[big]HOWEVER[/b]///////////

this is not somethign we want to do NOW. after this next patch come out, after lags fixed, and things like shipyard bugs and flux terrors are gone.

so after the next patch comes out, im willing to do this kinda thing.

Also, im willing to help whoever does the graphics for darkspace, because the ships are old and outdated. they can really be made better and im willing to help with that kind of stuff.

-Steve

Email Meko
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-17 15:55   
id be willing to burn some DS CDs for dispersal, you can get a stack of 200 for 7 dollars or something ridiculous like that near my place.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-17 16:12   
Damn... I'll paypal you $15, buy me a stack of 200 for $7 & then snailmail them to me with the rest and keep the change... rofl!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.019954 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR