No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » An inspired ship.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author An inspired ship.
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-29 00:18   
I read bink's well written post, digested it, and then read shigs reply.

binks sugested this:

• Increase armor
  • Decrease uncloak
  • Increase cloak
  • Increase energy drain

Ok, this would help in the transition from 'hit and run' to 'blitz' (what we all want)

So after reading Binks' post shig said "Do you have any more specifics in mind?". and i said, your dam right.

i hear theres a new type of luthy beam... 'assault ruptors'. well this gives me a couple good ideas. the first? if they are crazy strong, make them absolutly Eat energy. "But then no one woul duse them!!". au conrair! the luthys have supply yes? not too great on the battle field cause the ship they are repairing has run out of energy anyways.

so this brings me to my inspired ship idea. give the luthies a new ship. The Energy supply. same type of system as a regular sup, but energy only. great battle field target for enemies, and an exeptional battle field asset.

give this ship a weak hull, like an engineer, no weapons (none? yes none) and give it a cool looking new model. the luthies need a treat.

anyways, this is something i think would add incentive for noobs to be luth, add tactical stratagy to the game, and definitly make teamwork a plus.

so, what are youre thoughts?

Email Meko
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-29 00:37   
Its a good idea, except that the there would have to be pretty strict limitations on the amount energy/range/other stuff to make it feasible. We cant just have cruisers flying around full speed, blasting every poor bastard they see and then being able to just run away because theres someone supplying them with unlimited energy.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-29 01:53   
a Reverse Elf beam would be needed

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-29 02:18   
A simple way to do this : Allow the Elf beam to transfer energy when it targets a friendly ship, and when it hits an enemy ship it takes energy.

-Ent

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-29 02:45   
Re: Invincible cruisers: just target the energy supplier; I imagine he wouldn't be too strong, so he'd be the logical first choice, like supplies often are now.

Problem: Prestige gain. Without grouping, nobody would fly this, as it'd be worse than a dictor.

Email Mithrandir
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-29 04:09   
well obviously a new script would have to be thought up for this... and since im no programmer i have no idea how to do it... however if i Was to do it, it would look like this.

Regular ELF =
(energy amount taken) devided by (ship class multiplier) multiplied by (enemy ship class)

that = a tiny bit of pres for using elfs.

Supply ELF =
(energy givin) multiplied by (beam count) divided by (some set number to limit pres gain speed)

that = some comparable pres to supply.

======= Ship idea add on ======

if the supply ship can be enemy drainer/friendly supplier that would really aid in its usefullness.

someone come up with a way to make this ship plausable, i really think it would add to the game.

Email Meko
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-29 09:56   
First off it needs a better name ...that's a very nice idea, it would help with the lack of need for supply on K'luth (how many luth sups have you seen in beta that weren't building? I'm at 0 and counting...) and give them a nice specialty ship (ICC have wormhole, UGTO don't need one because they have everything everyone else does ...missiles, fighters you name it ). The ship does need some fleshing out, perhaps a limit on % of targeted ships energy being restored /s? Like if a ship had 200 energy the RElf (ohh...acronyms!) could restore 10 or so per second (would need lots of testing to get the numbers right). This would be a definate help to the K'luth overall and especially to K'luth noobs...