No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » MIR
 Author MIR
Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-04 03:15   
Please forgive my ignorance, and tardiness, but i see we have a new faction. Cant find anything about them in the forums, who they are, what they are etc. Havent been able to play for a week due to work commitments. so info appreciated.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
WinterRose
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-04 03:38   
The MIR are, at the moment, a faction that only the mods can play on. On release, as far as my understanding go, they're intended to be a AI faction.

Generally, they're kinda gonna be the 'epic encounters' of DarkSpace. All their ships are big. Generally, their dread alone is the size of a station, and moves faster than scouts.

They are highly beam based, with energy absorbing armor. The Mir themselves are kinda like a hive mind. Similiar to borg or such, that assimilate others. They're kinda the natural enemy of the K'luth.

There's also going to be a Pirate faction, AI played as well, but far easier to defeat, mostly consisting of frigates and destroyers. (Don't think I've seen a cruiser class pirate ship yet.) Guess you can compare them to the average roaming monster you'd find in MMORPGs.

Email WinterRose
Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-04 04:00   
wild life may be back... though been a long while since anyone has said anything about it so could be wrong...

WinterRose
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-04 04:58   
I'm definately all for more things in the MV as long as it's not gonna cause massive lag. Really.. Just player ships and planets and asteroids.. Gets old. But can you imagine how cool it'd be to get attacked by a Mir wave in the middle of a fleet battle? Will one side watch as the other gets destroyed? Will they band together? Who will backstab the other?

Fun!

Email WinterRose
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-04 17:37   
Quote:

On 2005-07-04 03:15, Lord Downey (UK) wrote:
Please forgive my ignorance, and tardiness, but i see we have a new faction. Cant find anything about them in the forums, who they are, what they are etc. Havent been able to play for a week due to work commitments. so info appreciated.

Mir and Pirates will both be AI only once the new server is in place, and coded over to FreeBSD (Unix core).

Now, this is working off Gideons hold Legion/Mir history, Tael and Faustus might well of changed it, so dont take this as an official word..

Anyway..Mir/Legion is a ship (in storyline only), that was created to preserve the memories of a dying race. Over time, it kind of went haywire, and started to asimilate organic races into its memory, making it a little skitzo (a lot). K'luth were chased out of their system and worlds by the Legion, who they have been fighting. Their AM technology comes from Legion, since K'luth have no understanding of the technology, only how to use it.

Legion have followed Kluth (since kluth are organic) into the Sol part of the universe. Legion are scared of humans, as they openly intergrate themselves with technology (Legion/Mir is not a living ship), because of this, its scared that the human race can control it/them.

Pirates, are an age old problem. They plague the universe and go after lone ships to capture them, and planets to terrorize them.

The Mir/Legion bit was from Gideons private history. The Pirates bit is in Gideons history, which I believe is posted in the Universe Today forum area.

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-05 03:02   
The "faster than scouts" bit was just 'cause we were cheating..

They do go faster than comparable-sized ships of other factions... but not scouts.

Email Mithrandir
Tikki
Cadet
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-05 03:16   
And there you have it, in stereo! (where available)

Commander of the Missle Cruiser 'Nevermore'

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-05 07:49   
Many thanks, cant wait,
especially interested in the idea of being in a battle then the Mir arrive, might make me rethink my Kluth roots, but i doubt it.
Nice idea however.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-05 09:53   
Me and and Trekkie saw a MIR Dread up close when we went to investigate it we found it next to taels siphon but were not detected because we were 2K GU's away however, i got scared and ran lol, that thang is huge!

Email GothThug {C?}
Page created in 0.016987 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR