Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Uber Brood
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Uber Brood
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-05 21:38   
The UBER brood you all are talking about is the size and MENT to be used as a STATION not a combat dread. IT is only used for a small staion read its description. Gah noobies

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-05 23:02   
im sorry but is a brood is killed a BD then the guy in the BD ether does not know what he is doing or he doesnt have it modded right... the mandy is still the broods better in all out damage... and why do yall keep bringing up the siphon??? it couldent fight its way out of a wet paper bag (well not that bad but still no where near the = to a mandy)...

as said before they are all flying it because it is new... got to see if it is any good you know... i spent all weekend playing with the brood and while it is a capable fighter it is far from uber...

note that the brood is nothing like a small station... it does not have a WH device... it cannt mount them (what a supprise)...

what it is, is a weak mandy with a reload and bombs...

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-05 23:27   
JRE, again, I would simply say the Siphon has one aft armour, and the mandy two same as the brood. But the brood also has a reload.

Claiming what you're saying is BS, that happens with all the luth dreads and the Brood is actually the strongest in the aft, thanks to the reload.

I can't believe people are actually defending the Brood. This is not about the actual power of it, it's about the relative power, as compared to the other damn luth dreads. If you have a ship that does everything better than the rest of the ships, well then you can throw balance out the window.

This is simple, obvious stuff. It's exactly the same as giving the CD or CC four fore/left/right HCL. Think of that.

EDIT: In fact I thought I was being very generous leaving it with two fore assaults in my suggestion. The CD has no HCL, the command ships are not heavy assault ships, they are support craft which will have the command interface.

[ This Message was edited by: Lonectzn on 2005-07-05 23:34 ]

Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-06 00:21   
ALL luth ships have some kind of wepons on them... the luth is the attack faction after all... nearly all the luth ships have better/more armaments than the other factions couter parts... i see no reson for this to change...

one reload makes hardly any difference... save when it comes to bombing... and in that department all the factions are the same...

where we are not the same is the role the ship plays in the fleet... yes it is a command ship but what it is not is a small station... where our ship is more attack... your ship is more support...

im sorry but makeing all the ships the same is just plain dumb... imo anyways...

luth get wepons

icc get deffences (though not atm)

ugto is in the happy middle ground

be happy... ugto got a big boost and has the most useful ships...

icc got crap they cannt use

and luth got their bombers taken away... more importantly the dreaded destroyer packs may just be a thing of the past...

for the luths part we got one good dread and one good cruser... now we got a good bomber, that can attack, that is not the = to a mandy and yet some how it is too uber because of 1 reload and 4 A-rupters...

and i will deffend this ship... it was well planed out and i think they got it right the first time round...

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-06 03:01   
I'm sorry thorium, you clearly haven't flown the Brood enough. Or noticed that many people are now just ditching the mandy/siphon.

You simply cannot justify a command ship that can without any problems beat up eads/ads, and then go and bomb the planet, and reload it's bombs to bomb again. Then it can build the planet, launch for the next. It's a solo capping combat ship, which is exactly what they were trying to avoid.

Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-06 05:36   
as said already the flag ships suck... the standard in deffence and offence is the BD being it is the best ship atm (folowed closely by the mandy)...

fix the flag ships. fix icc's lack of shielding and then we will see where our uber command ship stands...

i put it as planly as i could compareing the number of wepons that can fire on target to our other dreads... it is clear that it is not too uber by the numbers... it is clear it is not too uber by testing... it is clear that it is in line with luth battle tacticks... yes the ship is good (at FA it had better be) but it is not a omg wtf pawns all ships...

now for a little story... MIR... there was a time not too long ago that you could fly their ships in beta... well guess what happend... everyone just had to fly them... all other testing stoped and Palestar in its wisdom prevented us from playing with them in the beta...
there was no reson to play them... we cannt use them when the beta goes alpha... yet people just had to play with them... the only real reson people were play with the MIR ships was because they were new...
the point is brood is used because it is new... once people realise its short comeings (namely a BD modded right pawns them) im sure they will go back to flying the mandy...

refletive armor nulls beam wepons nicely... fired 11 lvl10 rupters and 4 lvl10 A-rupters on target for a test (along with 4 lvl 10 torps)... hardly scratched the target... later, another test this time a dog fight... me running at 60% hull, BD 97% hull... i delt the dameage to the BD on one arc and the BD the delt damage to me on all arcs... granted i failed to perfome a test useing a mix of psi cannon and rupters... but i did test against a BD with standard armor and lost...

[ This Message was edited by: Thorium on 2005-07-06 05:54 ]

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-07-06 09:36   
Repair/Reload bays are being seperated into different slots again. We left it modulare for the stations so they could have the option to build or repair, unfortunately that doesn't work well, so now its being switched back to exclusive.

Email Tael
Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-07-06 09:55   
Well... there goes that problem.

Email Ramius
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-07-06 11:24   
Quote:

On 2005-07-06 05:36, Thorium wrote:
refletive armor nulls beam wepons nicely... fired 11 lvl10 rupters and 4 lvl10 A-rupters on target for a test (along with 4 lvl 10 torps)... hardly scratched the target... later, another test this time a dog fight... me running at 60% hull, BD 97% hull... i delt the dameage to the BD on one arc and the BD the delt damage to me on all arcs... granted i failed to perfome a test useing a mix of psi cannon and rupters... but i did test against a BD with standard armor and lost...

Again a sign that those complaining havent fully tested variations. Reflective armor takes the bite out of the beams, but is more easily damaged by projectiles...

So you load up an all beam ship, the reflective armor ship will have an edge. If you load up on projectiles, an ablative armor ship has the edge. Standard armor can withstand the highest ammount of damage, but has no modifiers for damage types. Organic Armor repairs the fastest.

Email Tael
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-06 12:29   
Umm thor, the whole MIR thing was because their ships were uber, not just new. A MIR cruiser was easily the match of any dread at that point in time, and the MIR dread could attack stations without fear. I myself only played MIR for 1 day (could only use cruiser, and with everyone on MIR there was no one to fight) then became the target. People generally play a ship for 1-3 days for the novelty, and after that time they revert to the most powerful ship. I haven't seen many people reverting, have you? It's all about versatility, you can either grab a mandible, adv. carrier, and drone engi to kill the enemy in orbit, kill the planet, cap the planet, and build the planet, or a brood and maybe a single tranny to do the same. The brood can attack, bomb, cap, and build with ease, and removing the last of those won't make too much of a difference. The brood needs to have it's weapons toned down a tiny bit, or the gang and siphon need to become more powerful, I personally feel that you should grab a mandi/gang/siphon if you want to fight, a carrier if you want to cap, a clavate (if it ever gets fixed) or carrier if you want to bomb, or a brood if you want to do all three, but not be as good as any of the above. Right now it's just grab a brood, kill the enemy, bomb the planet, drop inf, build the planet...solo combat, capping, and building with no teamwork in sight...