No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Rules, on or off?
 Author Rules, on or off?
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-05 12:20   
Tuesday.. 11 ish july 5th

30 mins of my time wasted

[ This Message was edited by: CharAznable on 2005-07-05 12:21 ]

Razor
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-05 13:20   
http://beta.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=news.php&sid=2100391566&show_article=765&lang=en

OK. Here's how I see it. You want to test bomb our outlaying planets, be my guest. Only AFTER, you coordinate with us first. Start bombing our planets, then request a TEST reprieve once we start wailing on you? C'mon! And using the excuse of me not being in the area to YELL chat to won't cut it.

If I want to test bomb an enemy's planet I would (1) Coordinate in the lobby, or (2) Coordinate with YELL chats within chat distance of their home planets. And they can still say no...but since this IS a test server, I would think that approval would be granted. I'm sure that using this type of etiquette the enemy will allow you free reign for testing.

If you don't coordinate early, you might get whacked.

RaZoR

We are many. We are one.

Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-07-05 13:29   
Dude, if you were attacking him while he was conducting tests and he told you to stop, you should have stopped. He doesn't need to go through all that crap in order to test aspects of the game. You should have just backed off. If it was a home sector planet, then you had all right to. But it wasn't. This is a test server, not the MV.

Charz would be at fault if he started complaining after he died, and never told you to stop when you were actually firing.

Email Ramius
Razor
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-05 14:00   
OK. Then Charz...I apologize. I was wrong. I thought you had to coordinate first.

RaZoR

We are many. We are one.

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-05 14:57   
Unless you're testing res lost, anyone in the server should comply with the wishes of others if they say they are testing something. Its BEST to coordinate before hand, as it will avoid any complications and confusions like this, but players should be allowed to go about the merry business doing whatever to the middle planets. If someone attacks a Home planet, then they have effectively removed their immunity until they either jump away are die; being in the enemy home systems is not allowed unless you're meeting someone or otherwise leaving immediately - since it blockades the other team.

It is your responsibility to inform the other team what's going on, if they start approaching or attacking you; you can't just die and then complain to the mods that they killed you, without having given warning not to.

And the stress test is over, but beta is still for testing things; we're just not quite as coordinated about it now.

Hope that clears things up.

Email Mithrandir
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-07-05 18:10   
The servers rules are stated upon login to the beta:

Quote:

This map is setup to facilitate testing in the beta server. Feel free to capture, bomb, attack, and do whatever you wish within the two general clusters: the one around Sirius 6, and the one orbiting the sun. With any Factional Cluster (ICC Cluster and its planets, for example) please DO NOT attack any planets, and do not bother any ships in the cluster. These are home zones, free from enemy interference.
Any ships outside home clusters are open to attack.
Violators will be prosecuted.
Thank you.

B2B

Therefore, as long as the servers rules state home areas are not to be attacked, you do not attack them.

During stress tests we suspend the rules, during normal testing the rules are in full effect.

Email Tael
Razor
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-05 18:34   
All I'm saying is that asking for Testing Forgiveness should happen before you start bombing someone's outlying planets, not after the enemy reacts and they are testing their combat ships on you!

RaZoR

We are many. We are one.

Page created in 0.011655 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR