No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Thrusters suddenly starting...
 Author Thrusters suddenly starting...
Lini
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-06 13:38   
I just got destroyed thanks to my ship starting to move while in map view. There was noone else around, I was in the ICC home zone, and suddenly it tells me that I was destroyed by the planet I was orbiting.

Is anyone else having this problem?
This is the second time the engines have started, but the first time I was pointed away from the planet, and the ship started moving at maximum velocity.

Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-06 15:44   
yep yep... just spawnd a mandy... hit F2 to test if the auto pilot was working right... while in F2 ship pulled a 180 and slamed into the planet...

also... auto pilot... targeted a planet to jump to hit "O" and ship jumped into the planet i was orbiting... not sure if it is fixed as i was unable to test do to ship hitting the planet opon spawning...

gona try again...

edit...

ok spawned a ship (mandy <3 )... engins did not engage and plow me into a planet this time... proceded to target a point about 5000gu away from the planet i was orbiting... the target point was placed so that the flight path intersected the planet i was orbiting (just barly)... hit "F" and the ship turned and jumped into the planet...

[ This Message was edited by: Thorium on 2005-07-06 15:53 ]

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-06 23:44   
If you can describe how it can be reproduced with relative certainty, we'll be better able to investigate its cause.

I was just in testing other things, and sat in F2 a bit after spawning ships; nothing happened to me. If you have any more details on how to induce the bug, please post them.

Email Mithrandir
Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-07 00:07   
sadly the bug is intermitant...

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-07 01:45   
I lost a modded station to that. 1.4k pres and I think 40mil cash. It was late at night, figured that was a good cue to log off and forgot to report it. Someone gave me 50mil, lost 40 before leaving the planet :|

I don't mind in beta, but if this ever happened in release, I would be rather annoyed. I can't stress that enough. With such expensive ships (in both pres/cash), lag and potentially fatal bugs are extremely high priority. If I lose 1/10th the ships I do now in release to lag/bugs, that's far too much. Though I'd probably just live with it , many peeps will pack up fast.

It could be related to auto-follow (where you click an object in map and it sets orbit). I could have clicked the planet I was orbiting in map, and it tried to 'follow' it. Though that bug is in release, release only tries to orbit planets, not follow.

Page created in 0.012003 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR