No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Blockades
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Blockades
Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-09 17:03   
I think there should be a requird number of ships to fully blockade a planet.

I dont see how a lone dessie should be able to blockade a planet.

Why this should be. In theory a single fleet could blocked a whole faction from spawning any ship except the home gate.

I see lots of posts in the forums and a potential seriouse exploit.

Email Beast
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-09 17:07   
Like I said, just make it so you cant dock ships, this stops the shipyard abuse, and solves all problems...I dont see what the problem is...

I mean, I see a HUGE problem with not being able to spawn from a planet to protect the thing..

"We're under attack sir, shall we prepare the defence!?"
"Nah, we're blockaded, we cant let any ships out to defend our planet."

This, makes no utter sense to me...

I can see stations with JD's jumping in to SY planets (i mean like 2-3 supply stations), and sitting there, stopping the enemy from spawning. This is NOT the way to solve the SY abuse problem. The simple way, and the best way, would be so people cant dock with the planet, only spawn from it. This allows people to protect the planet, but not shipyard abuse, and then everyones happy!

Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-09 17:09   
Like I said Jack it should atleast require a certain number of ships to blockade a planet.

Email Beast
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-09 17:11   
I like the idea of a number of ships + mass.

Say, if ship count = > 5 AND ship mass = > 50 then Blockade(planet)

Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-09 17:16   
I agree with Jack. I think it should always require more then one ship to blockade a planet . This has the potential to be worse then any flux exploit ever devised.

Atleast you had somewhat a fighting chance against flux.

Email Beast
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-10 21:52   
I love wykes idea. It's perfect, make blockades require ships that equal or surpass the planets defense. I mean, in Star Wars you didn't see a neomodian scout blockading Naboo, it was a fleet of basicly dreadnaughts. If blockades had to equal a planets "defense rating" they'd be much more fair. In addition I also like the concept of anything below a certain lvl of ships being able to spawn while the planet's blockaded, it could even be worked into the overall blockade system. Say something along the lines of a complex math equation...

If (Enemy_Ship) = (Planet_def) then Spawning (Cruisers, Dreads, and Stations) is false

If (Enemy_Ship) > (Planet_def) then Spawning (Destroyers, Cruisers, Dreads, and Stations) is false

This would give the feel of the blockade being able to just hold off the enemy (enemy could spawn dessies as well as frigates and scouts) or holding the planet tightly (no dessies, but still blockade runners AKA scouts)

In fact you could do it without adding new numbers for planets, take the current def number, add 1 if the planet has a starport, to represent the civilian tranny, and add 3 (2?) if the planet has a shipyard, to represent the ability of the planet to produce ships to fend off the aggressors, then compare it to the overall "power" of all enemy ships within a certain gu radius (possibly determined by planet type? With barren having the largest and terran the smallest? or just the same for all)...something like scouts=1, frigates=1, destroyers=2, cruisers=3, dreadnaughts=5, stations=7, trannys=1, sup ships=1, extractors=0...so for a normal SY planet, with say 10 def (that's pretty normal) and no port it would require a station, dread and a dessy to stop dessies and above from spawning, or a station, dread and a frigate to stop cruiser and above from spawning...that would be a much superior system of blockades...