Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Bomb are too powerful
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Bomb are too powerful
Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-07-13 11:28   
Neutron can wipe all the infantry in 1 run even though the planet has the new defence bases. Wasnt it supposed to be harder to bomb and cap and not easier compared to the last ver?

Also mirvs can wipe a planet clean (not a single unit or structure left)

As for the kluth bombs, i havent tried it so wouldnt know.

Hope u guys make them weaker or make it so bombers cant cover the bombs as this seriously ruins the game. Any 1 person can just go bomb a random planet and cap it b4 anyone could even react.

Nim

PS: Bomber dred has too many bombs

[ This Message was edited by: Nim (make ac have 1 bomb slot) on 2005-07-13 11:28 ]

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-07-13 15:23   
I have reduced the blast radius on the bombs from 60 gu to 15gu

Email Tael
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-13 20:04   
Giving Kluth and UGTO a planetairy shield would also help the mirv problem. I cant see why they cant have them, since bombing is meant to be hard..

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-07-13 21:22   
Quote:

On 2005-07-13 20:04, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Giving Kluth and UGTO a planetairy shield would also help the mirv problem. I cant see why they cant have them, since bombing is meant to be hard..

Because its ICC technology...

Email Tael
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-14 05:38   
Acording to history, the shield tech is on the web...ICC can still have ship-based shielding. Im sure UGTO and maybe kluth could atleast make a planetairy based version..Plus, it would solve a lot of the "ICC got bombing too easy!" problems. Or maybe a not so powerfull other "something" that stops bombs.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-07-14 14:20 ]

Trekkie_zero
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-16 01:14   
How bout this instead of giving you planetary shields give you much much tougher buidlings and give the ICC brittle buildings or the current ones... So you have armored buildings so they can survive in a bomb blast, while ICC have to rely on the shields otherwise they get their buildings easily destroyed. Could give UGTO the strongest buildings, Kluth the middle strength, and the ICC the weakest or current strength buildings. Id prefer that then giving everyone plaentary shields... Mostly because its ICC tech...

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-16 06:30   
Quote:

On 2005-07-16 01:14, Trekkie_zero wrote:
How bout this instead of giving you planetary shields give you much much tougher buidlings and give the ICC brittle buildings or the current ones... So you have armored buildings so they can survive in a bomb blast, while ICC have to rely on the shields otherwise they get their buildings easily destroyed. Could give UGTO the strongest buildings, Kluth the middle strength, and the ICC the weakest or current strength buildings. Id prefer that then giving everyone plaentary shields... Mostly because its ICC tech...

A SECOND THIS STATEMENT ! !

leave the shielding tech to the ICC ONLY ! !

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Phoebuzz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-16 08:24   
Bombs are overpowered.
Planetary defense are overpowered.

Right now bombing is an all or nothing game, you can ether:
1. not be able to land a single bomb on the surface of the planet.
2. wipe the planet in seconds.

---

My suggestions:
- Change bombs so they collide with their owner a few seconds after they've been launched. This will prevent the most extreme cases of cloud bombing and body shielding.
- Everytime a planetary defense PD-shoot something, add a small random chance that it will destroy all projectiles in a small radius around their target. This will prevent the most extreme cases of cloud bombing and body shielding. (Less chance for ICC since their defenses shoot the fastest, more for K'luth since their defenses shoot the slowest.)
- Greatly reduce the damage of bombs, and change planetary defenses so that they miss half the time. This way planetary defense will slow orbital bombardment, not completely stop it, and it'll take longer to destroy planetary targets with the low damage bombs. This should make bombing alot more fun.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-18 12:18   
I really dont see why people whine about the ICC having Sheild Gens..

Everyone uses Neutrons if they have been a DS player for more than a month on the MV.

"WoW uber sheild gen.. I hope some newb dont try to mirv this.."

the only place a sheild Gen is Uber is on Newb server.. but nobody cares what they do or dont do in there.

Bombs as a Whole are way to powerful, Im not exactly sure what about this whole process makes Infantry on the Oposite sides of the planet die.. but Id like to relate it to the ICC sheilds and a Gause gun. if i get shot with a Gause gun in the front there is an Graphic effect on the front and rear.

On a Side note

-yesterday the MV was finnally wiped clean, and there were no Def bases and over 100 people in the game playing smoothly, with NO lag.

-today, monday july 18th 11:00 am

40-50 people on.. intermitent lag spikes. then total unability to battle at all.
for 1-2 hours.. of high latency is too much even for me.

battle in Ross 448 with arround 12 players on each of the 2 oposing sides.. and very few people could do anything. and if they could .. it was only a handfull of people .. Like Demorian, who doesnt experence lag.

Since all this is releated, could all this lag be due to beefing up planets so bombs couldnt hurt them?? But then in the end ,.. the bombs were more Uber than ever before.

-Suggestions to add to the pile-
Cut down the number of buildable worlds
Increase the delay fighter launch times, Increase fighter dmg
Increase the delay Missle launch times, Increase missle dmg
Increase the delay Bomb ready times, Decrease bomb blast radius to 1gu for all lvl 0 bombs

[ This Message was edited by: CharAznable on 2005-07-18 12:21 ]

Erk
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-18 12:23   
Anything will help yesterday I wiped about I dont know 4 planets clean with only 28 bombs [5 bombs left in bomb bays].

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-07-20 01:13   
i think i isolated the problem down to the point F should be able to locate and fix the issue.

Instead of damage only applying to the blast radius, its applying to all structures planet wide once a damage threshhold is exceeded.

Email Tael
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-20 07:25   
Woot.

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-20 09:13   
Quote:

On 2005-07-20 01:13, Tael wrote:
i think i isolated the problem down to the point F should be able to locate and fix the issue.

Instead of damage only applying to the blast radius, its applying to all structures planet wide once a damage threshhold is exceeded.

sweet looking forward to a challenge in bombing again, this one pass wipe a planet stuff gets old quick. God mode is boring

Lini
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-21 07:29   
Another suggestion - add PD bases that have more PD, but don't fire missiles.

MainDarkmaster*P3*
Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-18 22:25   
Quote:

On 2005-07-16 01:14, Trekkie_zero wrote:

I third this. Except make it ugto can handle 2 hits and survive kluth take one run and survive and icc have same healrh as now.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025920 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR