No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » [Suggestions] The K'luth - Where are they going from here?
 Author [Suggestions] The K'luth - Where are they going from here?
Deschain
Captain

Posted: 2005-07-14 10:04   
Very little is known about the K'luth from the humans standpoint. The same could be said for the other side of that spectrum. The K'luth know virtually nothing about the humans. It was said in a discussion that when the K'luth discovered the existence of humans, they thought that it was a long lost faction of "Legion," and attacked them on sight in hopes of confusing their fleets long enough for them to make a hasty retreat. This point proves the ignorance of the K'luth.

However, the K'luth are aware of the faction known as "Hu-man." Their ideology towards their race is still very muddled, and filled with bad assumptions and misinformation. But the more they engage their race, the more accurate their assumptions become.

As things stand now. The K'luth know probably a little less about the humans as the humans do of the K'luth. This is due to the very curious nature of the human race. They tend to anylize what they don't understand at an alarming rate. The K'luth on the other hand prefer to learn through experience rather than research.

This makes the K'luth a very dynamic faction when in combat. For eons on their home planet, they've warred among themselves in the forms of their clans, which are scattered in very contrasting points of their home system (See History of K'luth, somewhere on this site.) Each clan had their own specialty of discovery, and had to "adapt," due to the wide variations of each clan.

Using this experience against a common enemy, however, could prove to be the one advantage the K'luth have against the humans. So here is what I've learned in the month that I've joined this game.

1: The K'luth know that the humans have no form of "Light Bending," technology (cloaking). The entire concept is completely foreign to them, and it is noted to be one of the largest advantages currently available to them against such a bold and adversitous foe.

2: The humans cannot possibly thrive for any extended amount of time in space. They haven't discovered how to create "Remote Ecosystems" within their own ships. This means that a ship is only as functionally limited as the food that it can sustain as cargo. This means that human ships can't remain in space for long periods of time without having to return to their "Hive," (Spaceport/planet) to replenish their food supply.

3: Humans have only one solution to Light Bending. The K'luth learned through the constant loss of their ships that when a small piece of metals and hypermatter come into contact of the K'luth ship, it sends some sort of transmission to the remaining cluster of human ships in the area. (Beacons, in other words). They know that these Beacons can be the ruin of one of their ships, or an entire fleet of ships.

The list goes on and on, but in fear of making this one of those six-page long reports, I'll simply start with these three facts. The K'luth are far from learning all the secrets of the human race, but they know what harms them. And as a race of survivors, they pride themselves in their versatility.

So this is what I sugget:

1: Since the K'luth are a bio-organic base of technology, using flesh and exoskeletons rather than armors and metals for their weapons, why not make a "Corroding Nanite Cluster?" This would essentially be something in the form of a pod (missle) that has its own mentality. When it comes within a close proximity of its target, the pod disperses, revealing a foggish cluster of billions of microscopic nanites. If these nanites come into contact with an alloy (or energy, for shielding), they all collectively latch onto it, using a series of highly corrosive acids found in each nanite (These could be stored within small sacs, much like the way a snake stores venom). After an extended amount of time, their "Target" corrodes to a point of being rendered ineffective.

2: Make the next generation of K'luth weapons more planet based. The entire concept of alloys is completely lost on this race. However, matter in the form of soil, atmosphere, and water isn't. They know that humans need food to survive (as I stated earlier), and they know that their ships are nothing but wires and plates of metal and fuel. So, if they remove the humans food supply, they can force the humans out of strategic systems. This could create a "Bottleneck" of development in the systems the K'luth wish to inhabit.

3: The K'luth are all too aware of the existence of "Beacons." They simply don't know HOW they work. As far as the K'luth are concerned, Beacons use some sort of Psionic power to communicate with other ships, notifying positions of them and their allies. Soooo, using a smiliar technology of the Automated Repair system, they can force these nanites instead to "Smother" a beacon, thus reducing the effective range of the beacon. In time, the ARS could eventually absorb the beacon and remove the transmission altogether, but such a process would take a long long time. By the time the ARS could remove the signal, the beacon would've lost its power core... hehe

These are just quick fixes that the K'luth could do to counteract the humans. It's by far not a solution for their "Complete Domination of the Universe." But it's a start.

Suggestions? Comments? Complaints? Moans? Gripes? Remarks? Just drop a reply, I read all replies.

Thanks for reading this much, and I wish all of you well in your future endeavors in the MetaVerse.

-Deschain-

[ This Message was edited by: Deschain [Dru-Thar-Klut] on 2005-07-14 10:12 ]

Goto the website of Deschain
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-14 22:02   
Well, #1 I think might be too complicated to implement although it's a great idea.

#2 I would love to see. But since there's no such thing as food storage or anything I don't think it can work. For food, you have a constant supply unlike resources that accumulate. It wouldn't be so bad to have a Kluth weapon that depleted resources on a planet though.

What I would really love to see are specialized planetary weapons that need to hit specific buildings for their effect. Say your anti-food weapon. It can be a "parasite bomb" (for example). If it hits a farm it will have it's effect. Or a bomb, "acid bomb" that can disable power generators. But you have to hit the building which means a simple cloud bomb may not work.

#3 I totally agree with. Kluth ships are "alive". They're more than nuts and bolts. You would think it would be able to identify a foreign object on it's exoskeleton and remove it given the fact that it can repair itself and that the beacon is sending a massive signal from it's precise location on the ship..

Also, I'm not anti-beacon but I am against ships larger than a frigate being able to use them. The beaconing, ECM and ECCM roles should be for scouts and frigates only (do people even bother with ECM/ECCM anymore?).

The fact that beacons are so easy to use AND that Kluth are sitting ducks for a few moments when uncloaking to attack make them very vulerable. That's why they're hesitant to attack and it's also why not many people are playing them. If it's not a 1 on 1 situation it can be suicide, even if Kluth have equal numbers attacking.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2005-07-14 22:05 ]

Page created in 0.009336 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR