Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Ive lost 4 nests to a supposed cloak that is 100%
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Ive lost 4 nests to a supposed cloak that is 100%
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-14 17:19   
Nim most probably beconed you.

Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-14 17:27   
Quote:

On 2005-07-14 17:04, JRE{Where is da Bito?} wrote:
In defence of the kluth the cloaked ship should not be visible in the f2 screen.

They disapear from the f2 as well but the smart pilot centers the target on the F2 screen while its uncloaked, then targets that position when it cloaks.

Also since on the whole the kluth are leaving the cloaking way to late and leaving vapour trails from battle damage. A few kluth pilots seem to have mastered the tactics of when to cloak, most have not and leave it way to late.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-14 18:08   
I had 2 ICC ships follow me in perfect formation after I was fully cloaked last night. I accelerated, decelerated, turned randomly and doubled back a few times. They stayed with me almost perfectly through each manoeuvre.

They had friends that would be firing randomly at my area but since I was staying mobile it wasn't hit often. I ended up having to decloak and killing these pests, before I was able to slip away from the hunters.

And to answer the nay sayers:

Beaconed? - NO

Power? - over 40 at the lowest level

Speed? - varied

Damage - I was undamaged ( some minor armour damage was repaired early in the encounter so there were no visible drones)

I to have experienced missiles and fighters launched at me after I have been fully cloaked, no beacons and full power.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-14 18:26   
You can hear luth drives.

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-07-14 18:34   
well kluth have one very pressing problem with the cloake

we not safe in anyway around our own planets even cloaked

you can say that whats surposed to be a safeheaven for us is just a death trap, all the new defence on planets do is shoot us in the back with dis as we try to intercept the bomber fighters swarms..

and if we decloake to use beams as pd its even worse since you have tons of fighters down on you slipping thrugh the planet defences and im talking about the new (improved) planet defence that cant intercept any kinds of bombs they get the fighters sometimes yes but first after they have released the bombs or missiles they carry.

place your cloaked ship in the fire path and now it realy starts to get hot becaus you have 3000 fighters that target the front of the planet + qst + who knows what.

its very fine you can cloake but it dont help in a situation where you need to defend a planet.

sure i can take out and disable some other dred with my elite 25 mill modded dred but that would kill me in the procces but should it realy be nessary for me to use that much to make some dammage dred to dred ?

ok manual target torps, manual target beams, drop beacons but manual target for fighters must go they should have a target to get released and ship to ship fighters should not be able to target a planet surface.

and equal and logic, bomber fighters not target other ships or points in space, it just lag the server up and limmit the use of fighters a little bit would just soften up the game a bit less laggy.

this is just thaughts on how the game work.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-14 19:04   
Just quit your bitching. Beacons were developed as a way to counter act cloak. It is PART of the game, and the fact that it takes a while for the cloak to take effect because of the size of the ship doesn't help you either. Word to the wise: DON'T DECLOAK WHEN THERE IS ENEMIES NEARBY. Cause they will FRACKING beacon you to death and then kill you.

*insert 'Duh' look*

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-14 19:12   
Your planet was catching fighters just fine. Problem was you where about 500 gu infront of your planet, so the fighters were concentrated infront of you, so the PD shot at them, and by doing that, shot your rear, they then flew away out of the PD's reach.

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-07-14 20:14   
think you should try to watch from an lyth ship just at a planet planet

the bombs from the fighters hit before planet defence hit the fighters

you dont seam to get the point if i dont place the ship there then the bombs from the fighters hit before planet defence hit the fighters >
and if you place your ship in front to intercept bombs from the fighters , planet defence hit you in the rear and you both take dammage from the fighter bombs and the planet defence and i might ad that lvl 3 kluth defence bases realy hurt when it hit you full force.

so how would you defend ?

catch 22

but thats beside the point

point is that cloake dont do kluth much good in the long run its to easy to breake as it is now kluth have most of the time no element of surpice as you are laged out of your sences by fighters targeting you and have to cloake again even before you get a chance to fire your weapons.

you cant use first strike tactic when you dont get the first strike

as it is now if you sneakup on somone to alpha the target, somone alpha you before you get a chance to alpha the target.

eg no hit and run tactic works only run do most of the time.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-14 22:00   
ram the bombs then return to beyind the planet. You dont need to decloak to ram.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-14 22:22   
Cloak takes a bit too long to deactivate. It should activate slowly, but DE-activate faster (than now). Waiting all that time to be able to fire can be fatal. You are a sitting duck just begging to be alpha stiked (it's not alpha struck right?) when you uncloak for an attack. And there's no element of surprise either. You're giving your target and any enemies around you plenty of warning and plenty of time to retaliate.

Anyone notice that Kluth fleets aren't attacking human fleets? Now you know why. If we could uncloak a little faster we might have the nerve to engage in fleet vs fleet battles more often.

In fact, Kluth cloak actually gives initiative to the enemy! That's right! Think about it. A cloaked Kluth guarantees that his enemy can strike first if he so wishes. If that enemy is an enemy fleet, so much the worse. Isn't that backwards? Cloak, which should give element of surprise and first-strike capability to it's user, actually gives first-strike to the enemy. A faction that purposely has weaker armor should not give a guaranteed first-strike to it's enemy.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2005-07-14 22:25 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.015704 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR