Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Planet building crappy parts :)
 Author Planet building crappy parts :)
jonsnow13
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-14 19:36   
OK I am so frustrated right now. I was playing a engineer as K'luth and we only had 3 planets to the other 2 sides which I was building up accordingly. One of them was mercury. The planet literally took me an hour to get up to about 70 technology/60 pop. One bomer comes in with MIRV bombs which 2 or 3 of us were there and he cloud bombed... we tried to blow up all the bombs but a few got through. The darn bombs knock the planet down to 40 pop, and 10 technology. ONE HOUR it took to develop that stinking planet.

Planet development just takes way too long. I can't stand this game in some aspects because it's supose to be a game you can join the campaign servers and sit down and play in one sitting... but you spend so much time waiting and wasting time (jumps and building planets). It just argghhh....

Hybok
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-14 19:47   
i noticed the same it takes forever to build a planet then 1 or 2 mirvs vaporises everything...

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-14 21:36   
Bombs seem extremely strong now. The splash damage from mirvs can wipe out an entire planet. And if that planet doesn't have a shield, it's guaranteed to be nuked to smithereens.

Is there a bug with mirv damage or splash range? They're a giant step up in power over older versions.

And personally, I don't think mirvs should do much splash damage, if at all. That should be the role of planetary siege missiles to do splash damage.

I mean, one little bomber frigate can turn a smaller planet with 60 pop/32 structures into 0 pop/0 structures all by itself and in one run.

Crazy stuff. Maybe there's a misplaced decimal point somewhere? (it's been known to happen. Watch Office Space)

Sovereign
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-14 22:59   
As a side note, your PD isn't the only anti-Mirv device in your arsenal. You could always intercept the bombs with your own ship.

Anyway, in admiral I managed to decimate Mars down to scrap metal with twelve Mirvs in the air. Seemed everything was pretty well spread out and I think I attacked the wrong side as well. Was able to do the same to Neptune too, everything got incinerated. Almost got Pluto, too but the engie there managed to intercept all 24 Mirvs.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-14 23:45   
just get in the way of the bombs, they all detonate on your hull and the bombers wasted his run. having someone on guard to do it for u is handy as well

also to note, admiral isnt a server where u get realistic gameplay circumstances, "real" gameplay happens in the MV, where planets are pretty much all always built up, and bombing cant be done by a frigate. infact, in admiral u cant spawn the minimum required ship to destroy a planet in MV

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-15 07:41   
It's not the fact that it's the admiral server, it's the fact that these bombs have increased in power exponentially. I've seen one lone bomber in the MV destroy entire planets with shields (ICC bomber dreads). I figure, if bomber frigates have become that much more powerful, imagine bomber dreads?

There is a problem with them having way too much splash damage.

Quietly confident
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-15 08:07   
I agree, the power of lvl 0 Mirv;as now is awsome. I took out a heavuly built planet in admiral (sirrus 3) in one run, 12 bombs. wrong side of planet. structues/pop/reasearch 32/100/90. down to 0/0/0.

Also when building up planets at the start of scenario... you spend al ltht time getting into the server quick and capture and build up planets. then comes an enemy... 20-30mins late into the statr of the game... picks up a bomber (even the scout bomber can do great damge) drops all thhe bombs on the planet and its dead...

Commander of the Heavy supply Ship Laden

Hybok
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-15 10:08   
The bombs should be weakend alot .
P.S. I couldnt get in way of bombs the person i tried to block was firing upwards and on undefended side of planet so PD didnt work to well but even then 1-3 mirvs shouldnt kill a planet.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-15 10:23   
the bombs (mirvs at least, probably all of them) are going to (or have been) have their splash reduced and/or have their base damage reduced as well

as far as i know, thats still waiting on a few other minor changes before it gets pushed out

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-15 10:48   
Beef up def bases....

Let them go all the way up to Level 10...

Slowly gaining "real" anti ship weapons... Torpedos... Heavy Lasers...
at level 10 qst/ion/SI...

Make Planets dangerous.

Also add in an "limit fire to point defence" and "cease fire".

So the new super def bases dont swat the garrison fleet in orbit.

But make Planets able to def themselves against your average ICC/ugto/Kluth Bomber Group. Icc sure is the Strongest, followed by UGTO and kluth got the shaft.

Another Thing is the Neutron Bomb.

WTF?! Thats the new BIO bomb? Killing of all inf in ONE run?!
WHO TH HECK HAS THOUGHT OF SUCH AN BS?
Not only do we have defenseless worlds to begin with, no we also have a new bio bomb type weapon you dont even need to aim anymore...

bah....

jonsnow13
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-17 02:06   
Ya I know... I would pay for this game if it had more structures to build on planets (so far ALL planets are practically built the exact same way) and it takes way too long to build anything up on some of the smaller planets.

Asteroids can totally destroy a planet, same thing with bombs... I mean these type of things are NOT fun.

I spent 1 hour as the only engy on my side, and no one was defending from bombings but they shouldn't have to when you built all the planets for an hour and spaced everything out like the "pro's" do and one guy cloud bombs, manages to survive the fighter bases long enough to get the bombs through and then decimates an hours work.

It's not fun losing an hours work in a matter of less than 15 seconds (he jumped in, did his bomb run and died quickly but the bombs were all shot down but 4 of them).

I wasn't able to pay attention because I was upgrading research labs to take less room.

WE NEED MORE buildings as well. Add Spires you can build on planets that limit the speed yo ucan reach around that planet but takes like 10 workers to build... or some other cool ideas like that. Something to add strats to the entire planet building thing beyond just protection against bombers.

How about a spire that pulls ships into the planet if they get too close? That way bombers who are doing the *ride the bombs in* can't pull out if they get too close.

Or, provide turrets on the planet that damage ships that get too close. Kind of like rapid fire machine gun style. Or even missile launchers... Allow us to build death stars or star bases a little ways from the planet as a planetary defense system...

These things can be done and effectively you just need to actually make the damage and effectiveness of these things realistic... not like the mirv bombs.

[small][ This Message was edited by: jonsnow13 on 2005-07-17 02:09 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: jonsnow13 on 2005-07-17 02:11 ]

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-17 04:17   
I spended 2 days bombing now, and bombs are defenitly overpowered. 1 mirv bomb could kill 20 inf all around the planet.
BUT planet defense isnt that bad, getting a bomber frigate in range of Defense Base II is almost instant kill to me.
I havent seen Defense Base III yet, and i dont mind that:p

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-17 07:24   
Planets in this new version should be the strongest things in the game. Give them their own weapons, not missiles and lasers our own ships use.

Flying alone toward a well-built planet with plans to bomb it should be a suicide mission no matter what ship you use.

Is it the fact that planets only use IT missiles and chemical lasers? Is it the fact defense bases aren't efficient enough at point defense (ICC defense bases are very good at this, UGTO are so-so, Kluth stink).

More structures would definitely be a boost (more variety of anything is a good thing). How about different types of defense bases besides "defense" and "fighter"? How about "offensive torpedo-based?" Just one of the many ideas out there.

We finally have our different stations (woohoo!). How about different planet defenses now? Make these planets strong! They're too weak. It's a damned planet! And we're just ships! Fleets should have a good chance at bombing or capping a planet, but not a lone pilot.

(I know platforms are due, but since I don't know their functions or power I can't suggest anything with them in mind)

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2005-07-17 07:46 ]

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2005-07-17 10:35   
Well i hope it get tweaked to point where single Bomber (even dread) will be NOT able to damage fully well built up Level 3 planet.

It should take at least two - three ships to encourage teamwork in fleet ....

tips like "put Your ship" between planet and "bombs" when someone cloudbombing and covering bombs against fire with own ship mass...

well ... there is NO chance to have ALWAYS someone at bombed planet ...
so that planet should be able DEFEND self for some minutes before "HELP" arrives ...

scenario place ur ship against 1st cloud strike is only when "You there"...

but what IF noone at planet ... then that planet is LOST ... and that's wrong

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-17 14:25   
the problem with making lvl 0 mirvs useless is that, unless their speed is reduced to 10gu again, bomber dreads become useless also. lvl 2 mirvs (stock on bomber dessies) go at 16.5 gu a second, a bomber dreads top speed is 15. you see the dilemma. cloud bombing will be completely impossible for ICC if you just nuke bombs, and supposedly its one of the things were meant to be good at (ie, taking planets). i do agree that the bomber dread is overpowered, but making it worthless isnt a solution.

Page created in 0.025009 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR