Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Kluth: Clearing up some confusion for them.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Kluth: Clearing up some confusion for them.
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-17 12:32   
Some people are seeing pinging ECCM as an exploit..I'll explain why it isnt, and why even if it works, its worthless.

Pinging ECCM (turning it on and off in quick succession), allows the sig to be dropped and raised rapidly, and the game sometimes (very rarely, but more noticable in the MV) cant keep up with it, and so will PING the cloaked ship, but for only a split second (its NOT long enough for the pinger to target you and fire (they can but it would litraly have to be ;, ;, e, space, which they have to do within half a second and thats if it works)).

I just tested in a closed server with [Admin]Nax and Carns. What we found was that RANDOMLY, the pinging would work, but rarely, and the server comepensated so fast, all it gave me was a rough estimation to where they where.

The second part of this, is about beacons.

Beacons, are NOT removed by depots, Faustus never put the code in (its in mantis someplace).

When you'r beaconed, the beacon adds a number (20) onto your base sig (0 if your cloaked). Now, this allows you to be seen. Kluth can still, however cloak, and we can still see them.

The confusion bit, is where your cloaked and we hit you. I fired a beacon at Nax whilst he was cloaked, and his sig raised, yet he did NOT see the beacon rings. This is why so many people get confused about us being able to see them.

I'll make a suggestion in the beta forums about making it so beacons auto uncloak kluth ships if they are hit, and dont allow them to recloak untill the beacon is removed.

Hope this clears up a bit for kluth...

Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-17 13:04   
You go Jack! Thanks for the effort and the info. Well, I know Nax made you do it or he would do something like fart on ya

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-17 13:06   
Oh, Nax got something out of it , didnt you mate .

Deleted
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-17 13:49   
you should read better, they are just checking if its exploitable, they are not exploiting it, and as its on private server it doesnt matter at all what they do

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-17 13:52   
That sounds a bit overpowered. A cheap easy to install device that can instantly disable Kluth cloaks? It's what they do now anyway, but also right now Kluth don't know they're beaconed.

Something should be done to prevent it from being an instant cloak disabler.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-17 13:54   
It was posted in mantis (bug reporting system), and Faustus deleted it after Tael said it was ok.

Im kaing a post in suggestions in beta to have beacons disabled cloak.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-07-17 13:55 ]

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-17 15:58   
Quote:

On 2005-07-17 13:54, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
It was posted in mantis (bug reporting system), and Faustus deleted it after Tael said it was ok.

Im kaing a post in suggestions in beta to have beacons disabled cloak.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-07-17 13:55 ]

I couldn't disagree with you more. While your intentions may be trying to help you are doing nothing more that suggesting the crippling of a faction.

What needs to be looked at is teh Beacons themselves and the interaction with the cloak.

the +20 sig can be countered by many means - the auto removal of a cloak cannot.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-17 16:00   
I suggested that beacons only last a random time between 30 - 90 seconds, and disable the cloak.

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-17 16:13   
Quote:

On 2005-07-17 16:00, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
I suggested that beacons only last a random time between 30 - 90 seconds, and disable the cloak.

bandaid solutions will not fixed this problem, ship balancing take the kluth cloak into consideration the removal by another faction unbalances the way things are set-up. The fact that beacons aren't showing to the people that are being effected by them shows teh seriousness of the problem.

You suggestion on disabling the cloak is an easy exploitable given the cloak timer in place against the kluth ship classes. In essence you can have a player popping a kluth into and out of cloak. Given the lag that exsists at various levels for everyone playing the game a kluth player well be fighting to control his own ship.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-17 16:24   
It beats being cloaked and not being able to shoot and us seeing you...

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-17 16:30   
I just mounted dual Beacons to two Full arcs...

I like the current system as it is.

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-17 16:33   
rather it be fixed outright or have beacons disabled then have 2/3 of the player base able to exploit the other 1/3

But having beacons disabled is no more a solution than having beacons decloak ships

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-17 17:00   
I might support your suggestion IF and only IF beacons are limited to scouts or frigates only via their own slot. The Beacon Slot. That would have the side effect of making those ships useful. Especially if it was a frigate-only item. Frigates still have no use whatsoever.

Otherwise it too easily negates an entire faction.

Tikki
Cadet
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-18 01:37   
Beacons stay. We need SOMETHING to make up for the fact you can tear into us like tissue paper.

Commander of the Missle Cruiser 'Nevermore'

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-18 02:01   
I have an idea...

As it is beacons add 20 to base sig... since the cloak device is organic and, in theory, works very simular to say... a *cough* Klingon *cough* style cloak..... why not just say...

if ship not cloaked add 20... if cloaked add 5... since the K'Luth cloak is supposed to be so powerful as to render them invisible to targeting sensors (both the electronic and eyeball kind) it should be able to overcome most but not all of the beacons power....

At a +5 sig increase it would help the enemy players only if they were close... if the K'Luth can open the gap wide enough between his ship and an enemy ship the enemy will loose contact even with the +5 sig... I mean as it stands now it is so easy to give anyone a +200 sig to thier ship. I mean even a blind man in the middle of a bizzard in the darkest reaches of Alaska could see that target all the way across the MV...

I hate to do this to a good friend but as it is.... beacons should not turn off a cloak... that makes the smallest, and usually least used device, the most powerful weapon the UGTO or ICC could weild.

Make them, the Beacon, a small craft device.... Frigates, Corvettes, and Scouts... and have the beacon its own dedicated slot...

Just my 1.34 Cents Worth (adjusted for inflation of course...)

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018124 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR