No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Kluth: Clearing up some confusion for them.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author Kluth: Clearing up some confusion for them.
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-18 16:31   
Bottombum that's an excellent idea and it makes perfect sense. It's probably how it should have been all along. Rather than have beacons mess with the ship's signature, make the beacon itself targetable.

Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-18 16:31   
I would go for that if in the process of being targeted the beacon was destroyed

Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-18 16:40   
Jack - Not at all...there's a huge difference between having your ship be beaconed, not targetable and invisible (but the beacon can be targeted) and your ship be beaconed and targetable, while invisible (why be invisible if targetable anyways?)

Grievous - That's a bit unbalanced, since that means they can only get one shot off at you.

--

Better that the beacon can be targetable for 12-15 seconds and then it disappears.

[ This Message was edited by: Bottombum (Esari) on 2005-07-18 16:40 ]

We are many. We are one.

Phoebuzz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-18 17:21   
Quote:

On 2005-07-18 12:16, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-07-18 02:37, General Grievous wrote:
back to the eccm exploit ...and it is an exploit, you might have tested it with one ship pinging....and got random results how about 20 people all pinging ...that infrequent randomness becomes constant...it makes kluth mounting a strike against a planet tough cause the planetary def can target us ...happened to me and i wasnt beaconed i was never within range of an enemy ship however planet def could target me just fine along with qst's and fighters from enemy ships.

No it isnt an exploit, Tael and Faustus both know about this, and both set it to closed in mantis. Which means "SORTED/DONE/FINISH/NOTAPROBLEMO!".

If it was an exploit, Tael would of posted already, and implimented a change.

From the Development Log:
1.483 - Release
- ECCM pinging no longer reveils cloaked ships.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-18 17:32   
Its a bug then. Not an exploit.

Two different things.

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-18 18:15   
Quote:

On 2005-07-18 17:32, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Its a bug then. Not an exploit.

Two different things.

Knowingly using a bug for personal gain is exploiting, period. There is no arguing that point.

The biggest issue here that everyone dances around is the beacon itself. Kluth players could care less about the use of beacons, it is a fact of life.

HOWEVER

in .483 there is a major issue that beacons are not registering to the kluth player that it was placed on a large portion of the time. This leads to situations in where a player that would normally leave doesn't because he doesn't now that he has been tagged.

Now you add in the ECCM exploit - yes the exploit as stated by Nax:

Quote:
Exploiting is when you are working around the as-designed intentions of the game system. You do not need to rapidly turn on/off the ECCM or Scanner systems to produce this pinging (a trick that would probably qualify as an Exploit)

People with beacons are able to ping their way to a cloaked ship and able to tag it. The exploit and the bugged beacons are two strikes against the kluth.

I am a Kluth player and I say I can fight against beacon users IF I know when I'm beaconed. I can live to the 'pinging' if it isn't exploited. I will not however sit by and listen to people who are predominately ICC or UGTO players "suggest" to me what the best fix for the cloak would be.

Fixing the ECCM exploit would seem simple - add a timer onto the ECCM so it has to be active for a fixed time before it starts "pinging". This removes the exploiting, as for the beacon - fix it!

There is nothing wrong with how the beacon performs, just fix it so that the beaconed player KNOWS he/she has been beaconed. No other adjustments are required - it is the ONLY flaw with the beacon, it's not reporting properly.

[ This Message was edited by: Maskerade {C?} on 2005-07-18 18:16 ]

Hellaciouss
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-18 18:57   
Quote:
Pinging ECCM (turning it on and off in quick succession), allows the sig to be dropped and raised rapidly, and the game sometimes (very rarely, but more noticable in the MV) cant keep up with it, and so will PING the cloaked ship, but for only a split second (its NOT long enough for the pinger to target you and fire (they can but it would litraly have to be ;, ;, e, space, which they have to do within half a second and thats if it works)).

Basically:

If there was 0 lag in the entire game, this would not work. What that basically means is, people are abusing the server lag.

How can abusing lag be justified as 'working as intended'?

GG, what ever.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.015662 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR