No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ratio's for modded ships making DS unplayable
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author ratio's for modded ships making DS unplayable
KanaDIEn ^_^
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-18 01:29   
i lost 10k pres in the last 3 days
i'm gonna be demoted to admiral soon...
all my ships were lost in non combat related issues... such as spawning a brood trying to turn into a wh then keep turning into a planet ....
bah bah i'm not trying to make this sound like a sob story so

Email KanaDIEn ^_^
Tikki
Cadet
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-18 01:49   
There's lots of demotions in the MV. Probably going to be many more. Soon we'll have two groups of people, uber death ships or stock frigates and dessies. I'm not one to normally speak doom so easily either.

Credits isn't the issue. Pres gain isn't the issue. Losing your night's work or more with the loss of one ship is the issue. Saying don't die isn't good enough. Both ships I've lost, I was trying to get out of dodge long before my hull started taking massive damage. Dictor the first time, noone was able to get near it or away from it for that matter. Accidentally cancelling jump the second and being hung out to dry with a charging drive the second. Multiple mandies make very short work of that, you know.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikki (Viking Kitten) on 2005-07-18 01:54 ]

Commander of the Missle Cruiser 'Nevermore'

RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-18 02:02   
yes but you put up a good chase and in the last ver you could of SD and it would not have been as challenging

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

Tikki
Cadet
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-18 02:07   
Could. As you can see from my profile, wasn't something I really considered an option then.

Commander of the Missle Cruiser 'Nevermore'

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-18 04:21   
i happen to agree with knight arthur its not worth the amount of pres being lost too dreads, stations ect and 50 pres for a frigate is too much however, i wish yall would just stop the bragging and stop being so prideful and arrogant remember it leads to downfall yeah thats my 2 cents

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-18 04:41   
ScrapLock, Sup Station doesnt have CW's.

If you cant fly dreads well against a good pilot, go for someone who isnt as good. Your going to lose prestige at some point, even the best pilots do. I've watched the stupidity of some Kluth and ICC players, jumping into 2-3 dreads and a supply station (that has 3 reloads). You REALLY think you will be able to solo 3 dreads unless you actualy know that dread back to front, aswell as having your own tactics for sucess AND knowing the other pilots tactics and plotting any possible combinations they could try other than pummeling you at range and jumping you.

Some goes for everyone, not just dread pilots. Im fine in my EAD, I dont die, why you ask? Because I use sense, I dont jump into a battle unless I think I have a good > fair chance of winning. You think that will lead to people camping planets and not going out? Mount an offensive, get some people to jump away, then just as the enemy are about to bomb or raid the planet, all jump back and scare the living daylight out of them...

Use tactics people...

@GothThug, losing ships is based on ranks. I can SD a frigate for say, 10 prestige, you, it would be 50. Its to stop people throwing away ships, and because the strength and overall weapons mounts have been doubled, if not more.

If you dont want to die Goth, dont go after Dreads. Frigates, Scouts, Destroyers, Cruisers (unless paired or so), are NOT meant to take on dreads. They ar >>>>>>>DREAD<<<<<
It doesnt matter if your amazing (although that does add a certain degree to the sucess of the battle), your not meant to be owning dreads in beaks and claws and assault frigs...

@Rocko, I have 4 EAD's and a Supply Station in my garage .

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-07-18 04:53 ]

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-18 04:43   
As the worst pilot in the MV, it takes me an hour plus to gain 100 pres.
Takes me 5 minutes to loose 500 pres.
Going backwords very fast.
2 Years to Admiral,
woot my career is fast tracked.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-18 06:11   
Just had to point out another Eve similarity here.

In DS, Prestige and Ability define your 'Status' so to speak.

In eve, its your ability and your wallet.

DS has finally achieved a point where you HURT if you die, Lose a Dread, you suffer, lose a BS in Eve, you suffer.

Simple solution now is, if you cant afford to lose it, dont use it.

But to lose 5k pres in 3 deaths.. thats pretty harsh given interdictors are now practically unstoppable and the lag issues a lot of people seem to be having.

Maybe the return of the mission system or grouping could help with this?

Meh what do I care anyways, the explosions are purdy

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-18 06:14   
Quote:

On 2005-07-18 06:11, Banshee {C?} wrote:
But to lose 5k pres in 3 deaths.. thats pretty harsh given interdictors are now practically unstoppable and the lag issues a lot of people seem to be having.

Whoever said that is lying. Maximum you can lose from a moded Battle Station is 1000 (and thats if its leveled to the max with QST's included). Thats the same for most Battle-type stations. You lose about 300-500 for each dread loss. So 3 deaths, 2 dreads + a station = about 2000, not 5000.

Plus 90% of the lag issues are sorted now. Just people are keeping their connections to Auto-Detect, and not changing them.

Plus, modding and upgrading is free right now, you lose a upgraded ship, you get the credits back (insurance so to say). Plus missions and economy are comming soon.

Plus, plus, plus...

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-07-18 06:30 ]

Quietly confident
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-18 06:17   
I agree with meko. but i too think the penalties are a bit high. i managed to loose 200 pres the other from a lag crash into a lanet with a supply ship, and for the supply ship 200 seems a bit too much. unless of course the idea is to stick really high penaties on and get peple to run from lag and planets - whihc if i dont say so myself, is a very hard task.

Commander of the Heavy supply Ship Laden

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-18 08:10   
Quote:

On 2005-07-18 06:11, Banshee {C?} wrote:
thats pretty harsh given interdictors are now practically unstoppable

I want to tradre my qst slot for Interdictor slot on EAD...

no honestly, dictors are a tad bit to... strong in the "absorb damage" sector.

When 3 Carrier dreads spiting fighters at him doesnt chase him away, things get ugly.

-Viper-
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-18 09:22   
They should scap demotions I think, and have something like prestige dept, which you have to work off before you can get the next rank. I think the amount of pres loss is putting a lot of people off combat.

e.g. you need 10k for next level, you loose 5k so you now need 15k but you do not loose rank would be a better system, or just remove pres loss totaly because its a lot slower now

[ This Message was edited by: -Viper- on 2005-07-18 09:23 ]

I am Batman
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-19 04:12   
I think the prestige gained from damaging ships or destroying ships should go up. It's bad when I have a good run at a mandible with my ugto battle cruiser and manage to kill it, but then get jumped by 2 cruisers or so coming to the rescue, die, and lose 120 prestige off the deal.

Maybe they should do a credit based prestige system when it comes to combat. If you kill a ship worth more than yours and die, you should gain prestige in my opinion.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.025639 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR