No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Kluth and shields.
 Author Kluth and shields.
sentryjs
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-18 14:30   
Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe that shields are a ICC technology. I was also under the impression that Kluth are a dumb race. Now with that being said I believe that the Kluth are overpowered anyways with their Uber lasers of death and the cloaking that allow them to position themselves all around you and destroy lvl 10 shields and severly damage your REFLECTIVE armor all in one "uncloaking session".

With their attack power and their defenses, this is why I believe them to be overpowered. Why do they even have shields anyways? Removing their shields would balance out the races as far as Im concerned. Let them cloak and get behind you to attack with their disruptors, fine. But lets get rid of the shields.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-18 14:33   
its just aux shield gens, which are special1 slots. additional defense gained is comparitivly minor, but it can be enough to save your hide in some cases

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-18 15:00   
luth have shields now?

Email Meko
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-18 15:05   
They, as well as the UGTO, can if they find and equip an Aux Shield Generator.

[ This Message was edited by: Tbone on 2005-07-18 15:05 ]

Email Tbone
sentryjs
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-18 15:08   
I see... Well, I still think they are overpowered! I dont believe they specifically should be able to equip any human equipment...

[ This Message was edited by: SentryIII on 2005-07-18 15:09 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-18 15:18   
they shoudn't. and vice versa.

Trekkie_zero
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-18 15:31   
Save the AM torps which are more of an ammo then anything else...

I personally wish we could be like 481 and have it where kluth and human tech arent interchangeable lock the kluth to kluth tech, I mean the kluth have equivalents now to all human weapons pretty much, save EMP weapons, they have cruise missles, and short range anti ship missles the shredders and schock missles. So why not just lock the Kluth from using human tech and humans from using kluth tech, save things that would make sense humans and kluth could interchange like the ammo for torpedoes...

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-07-18 15:34   
Aux shields have been changed last week to icc only. though i am not sure if that change has rolled out to the servers yet.

Email Tael
Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-18 15:39   
Let me tell you why a K'luth may not want shields anyways.

Shields take up a LOT of power. K'luth need power to sustain cloak. I find I have better survivability using my two aux power gens rather than two aux shield gens. Why? Your power is unlikely to die out on you in the middle of a battle and when you need to cloak the most, you're out of power and definitely a goner.

Shields are a huge tradeoff.

We are many. We are one.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-18 17:15   
Quote:

On 2005-07-18 14:30, SentryIII wrote:
Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe that shields are a ICC technology. I was also under the impression that Kluth are a dumb race. Now with that being said I believe that the Kluth are overpowered anyways with their Uber lasers of death and the cloaking that allow them to position themselves all around you and destroy lvl 10 shields and severly damage your REFLECTIVE armor all in one "uncloaking session".

With their attack power and their defenses, this is why I believe them to be overpowered. Why do they even have shields anyways? Removing their shields would balance out the races as far as Im concerned. Let them cloak and get behind you to attack with their disruptors, fine. But lets get rid of the shields.

You are a first rear admiral. Most ships you can get WILL be annhialated by a decent kluth pilot in a cruiser or better. It's that simple.

At least till the whinning starts yet again, and Kluth are limited to ships with the power of human dessies. They aren't far from that now.......

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Page created in 0.021218 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR