No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Assault Ships...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Assault Ships...
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-07-19 04:25   
i love my ultra fast scarab

dreds are for wussies

and i only draw out my sphi for other dreds and station targets now

you guys in dreds you havent even tryed smaller ship configs all i see you in incl barky is dreds and stations , nice big fat targets easy to hit but hard to kill.

before you say that cruzz or destoyers suck i would like to see ( the (EAD)dreds) is not good enugh whiners actuly try to fly something diffrent

and if taking out bomber cruzz dont count.

and this is for all fractions kluth ugto and icc alike

try something diffrent large big and slow is not allways the most optimal

and this also count for the long range ships , you so focused on longe range attacks that you forget to get in and dirty try battling it out in diffrent styles close up.

what you all afraid of i think ?

its only a game and if you lose a ship well you get your prestige back at the next bomb run

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
-Viper-
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-19 09:43   
If UTGO get the old EAD back, I wan't back the old kluth destroyers

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-19 10:03   
Quote:
Dreads, are dreaded (duh). They own all they see, its how they work, they arem eant to be feared.

Dread actually means dreadnaught which is a battleship with big guns. The shortened term we use, "dread", sounds like it's supposed to mean "dreadful" or "feared" but it doesn't.

When you fly a dread you are flying a descendent of the ancient dreadnaughts of the sea. Hehe yeah they are dreaded but that's not the right meaning.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-19 11:22   
one QST can destroy a small fleet of newbie ships

dont tell me its not strong enough

Southpark
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-19 12:04   
uhm, the technical background of the word:

Dreadnaught

is two wrods

Dread - Naught

meaning Dread( or fear) Naught (nothing)

it classfied a series of ships that feared nothing due to their impressive(for the time period) armor and guns, they weren't battleship class really, but super-cruiser moreso, later battleship-class ships i believe outsized and outgunned dreadnaughts by a fair margin, dreadnaughts are more pocket-battleships.

so in actuality, he is using the reverse of the meaning dreadnaught, the dreadnaught should "fear nothing" in theory, but in reality a large, slow moving, heavily armored target.. makes it a tempting target for everyone else..

on to the real topic:
i do like the weakened aft arcs of the current series of dreadnaughts and
cruisers, this represents a real weakness that clever pilots will take advantage of, ships shouldn't be the 360 degree fortress they were before, that would be reserved for a battle station of sorts

classic space sims and science fiction have given capital ships weak rear arcs by tradition as it follows actual modern/classic naval ship construction, and many capital ships had rear facing cannon/guns/weapons but in limited number, its just a physical limitation, with the engines and whatnot in the rear, you have limited space and line of sight out the back end, unless u have everything mounted on a big rotating turret .. yeah..

anyhow.. i like the change to firing arcs and whatnot, the space bar - alpha in my opinion shoud be removed completely, people woud focus less on how many of their guns they can hit someone with without having to worry about actual piloting and instead concentrate more on getting in positions where they can quickly unmask additional weapons to fire on a moving target, even in a dreadnaught i find ways to avoid people getting into my rear arc, speed changes, e-jumps, use of obstacles or friendly ships etc..

if you're alone, against 2 opponents in decent ships, you deserve to be bushwhacked, the odds are against you for not taking advantage of teammates, situation, maneuvering and obstacles..

i find the QST/etc weapons to be invaluable(i don't get to use them) but they have a definite impact on players who are planet camping or otherwise, you FA's may not appreciate it, but the rest of us fear the core weapon for good reason

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-19 12:30   
Nothing but another dread or 2-3 cruisers should be able to take a lone dread. Fullstop.

Eagleranger
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-19 13:40   
this may sound silly i have a minor question whats a Qst?????

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-19 13:46   
quantum singuarity torpedo, ugto superweapon. ead, battle and command stations only

Eagleranger
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-19 13:56   
thanks i have always flown icc we dont have that do we lol

Sovereign
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-19 14:10   
No, you have the Ion Cannon.

NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-19 14:10   
Quote:
Nothing but another dread or 2-3 cruisers should be able to take a lone dread. Fullstop.

Typical UGTO attitude, you figure any contest should be decided by the size of the ships in the fight, and the effectiveness at which you mash the space bar.

Goto the website of NoPants2win
Hellaciouss
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-19 23:08   
lol.

"OH NOES! I can't jump on something and kill it anymore! What ever shall I do but complain that my OLD tactics with what used to be a SEVERLY OVERPOWERED ship don't work anymore! I actually need more then myself to jump four ships!"

Game changed. Ships changed. Tactics changed.

Some people just can't live with anything but 200% domination of anything they are fighting against.

Stop crying, please.

Hellaciouss
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-19 23:14   
Quote:

On 2005-07-19 12:04, Southpark wrote:
uhm, the technical background of the word:

Dreadnaught

is two wrods

Dread - Naught

meaning Dread( or fear) Naught (nothing)

it classfied a series of ships that feared nothing due to their impressive(for the time period) armor and guns, they weren't battleship class really, but super-cruiser moreso, later battleship-class ships i believe outsized and outgunned dreadnaughts by a fair margin, dreadnaughts are more pocket-battleships.

so in actuality, he is using the reverse of the meaning dreadnaught, the dreadnaught should "fear nothing" in theory, but in reality a large, slow moving, heavily armored target.. makes it a tempting target for everyone else..

on to the real topic:
i do like the weakened aft arcs of the current series of dreadnaughts and
cruisers, this represents a real weakness that clever pilots will take advantage of, ships shouldn't be the 360 degree fortress they were before, that would be reserved for a battle station of sorts

classic space sims and science fiction have given capital ships weak rear arcs by tradition as it follows actual modern/classic naval ship construction, and many capital ships had rear facing cannon/guns/weapons but in limited number, its just a physical limitation, with the engines and whatnot in the rear, you have limited space and line of sight out the back end, unless u have everything mounted on a big rotating turret .. yeah..

anyhow.. i like the change to firing arcs and whatnot, the space bar - alpha in my opinion shoud be removed completely, people woud focus less on how many of their guns they can hit someone with without having to worry about actual piloting and instead concentrate more on getting in positions where they can quickly unmask additional weapons to fire on a moving target, even in a dreadnaught i find ways to avoid people getting into my rear arc, speed changes, e-jumps, use of obstacles or friendly ships etc..

if you're alone, against 2 opponents in decent ships, you deserve to be bushwhacked, the odds are against you for not taking advantage of teammates, situation, maneuvering and obstacles..

i find the QST/etc weapons to be invaluable(i don't get to use them) but they have a definite impact on players who are planet camping or otherwise, you FA's may not appreciate it, but the rest of us fear the core weapon for good reason

Goliath could be considered a Dreadnaught, look what David did to him.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.029736 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR