Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A detailed description of my MV day...
 Author A detailed description of my MV day...
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-19 07:12   
Well, in light of this patch, I felt I would provide a users account of his day in the MV.

I started today with around 70-71k prestige. I end it at 69.5k prestige.

However, I did gain 8 mil credits so meh...

Anyways my day went as follows...

I got on the MV, with a Support Station I modded the earlier day, for mining, with its level 10 HMA, I cruised over to several planets over the course of the day while playing a seperate MMO. During this time, I experience little or no lag.

After spending around 8 hours mining whenever I alt tabbed to DS I would hit U and promptly get my credits.

At around oh 4 in the morning I decided to get on have a bit of fun. I saw that there were was a small battle going on in Tau Ceti, so I got out my EAD and realizing there was nothing to fight, I got out a Heavy Supply.

With this heavy Supply I upgraded it fully, and repaired a few ships. Soon after a WH comes up and a Nest (or a Hive I cant remember) comes out..at this point is my first lag spike of the whole day, it lasts about 20 seconds, where I survive repair damaged ships.

It appear that frustrated they fled so I finished up a few cruisers and the ywent elsewhere.

Me in my devious persuits noticed my Supply had a tractor beam...so I felt I could amuse myself with tractoring a few asteroids around the gas giant.

I jumped to one on the side of the planet, unfortunately a zone desync occured and after exited the jump, around 2k gu from the giant, I was destroyed by it.

This put me down about 200 prestige. No biggie, ill earn it back.

Seeing no apparent action I quickly modded a Bomber Cruiser, and went to CD*36, easily bombed a planet in a nebula (started with an I) then proceeded to Minuete. Here I bombed successfully but wait, I lag out occurs and though it appears I turned away from the planet, 30 seconds later im destroyed.

Unf. 200 more prestige down the tubes.

Modded another BC...and then hopped to Tau Ceti where I found Shigger trying to decipher this lag..he was in a picket dessie so I hopped over to Luyten with him. I jumped to Ihazack (or however its spelt) in a single Neutron bomb run I got all the inf, landed, capped it, continued to Zoca with minor lag...

At this point an enemy comes up, and as I bomb Zoca, Ihazack is recapped, and as I continue to fend him off capping and recapping Shig disapears off somewhere...

Well as im making another run for Ihazack, I lag out once more, while trying hard to turn it FINNALLY responds, but only too late. I slam into Ihazack for another 200 prestige lost.

Infuriated, I mod another bomber, only to meet the same demise as the first. At this point im 600 prestige down and about ready to call it quits.

Giving it one last go, I mod another bomber, and continue to Ihazack once more. Theres an enemy engy there, I get most of the inf down from a small interception from the engy. I prepare for a second run. Its smooth...until suddenly my ship is hopped foreward about 300 gu, too close to turn away in time. Kerplop goes more prestige.

Im almost just done at this point. I fart around a little while with a BC, picking on a clavete (with almost no lag), But I finnally decide Ill just stick to smaller ships.

About a half hour later I modded a Bomber Frigate. It was a mean devil, but nonetheless a powerfull one.

I felt the Ihazack had claimed enough of my ships, but there had been no lag for the better part of that half hour, so I said what the heck.

I WH to Ihazack once more, and its a good run, have all my neutrons emptied and turn away---but I dont. I go continue straight foreward, right through the planet.

Boom.

At this point, thats it for me on bombing until...forever. I hope back in my BC and head to Bootis, with accompied lag and more lag. I finnally get around a friendly planet when my BC went straight through planet while attempting to orbit.

I wasn't going to let more prestige go down, so I captured it in screenie, but of course THAT time I didnt hit the planet. *rolls eyes*

About five minutes after that, the MV crashes.

So...in conclusion, I have to say this. Im more calm than I few a while ago, but I am calm. For this is not really a rant.

This is more of "I hope everyday isn't like this". I myself work hard for my prestige, and I dislike immensely seeing it wasted, and it was today, far more than any other day in my entire DS career to date.

Am I angry? Heck yeah I am, you would be too if you worked hard for something only to have it gone. But thats not really the point.

I've noticed about this patch, people are losing more than they gain. Its not merely because of player tactics or balence or lag, its also because of the res lost. I think its pretty silly to punish us all for the abuse of a few people.

Its more of a double edged sword, you keep people from abusing ships, but then for the 95% of other players that dont have to lose way too much prestige for playing right, or for a piloting mistake.

Prestige is also much, much harder to gain, save bombing, because bombing is just press B and turn (if lag lets you. -.-)

So how was my day? Judging by that Im trying hard to get GA, not good. in fact, this tallys up to a bad day indeed. I haven't ever lost 1k prestige in a single day before, let alone from lag.

Am I gonna complain about lag? No, I know its going to be fixed. Am I gonna whine that I lost my prestige from it? No im not because I wont get it back. Am I going to suggest changes? No, because that'll just get flamed too along with this post.

So what is the point of this post?

Simple, average users account of their day in this new patch, and pretty much what alot of newbies experience as well in their first minutes in the MV.

[/end calmed vent.

-Ent

-Viper-
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-19 08:50   
I slammed a fully modded brood into a planet during a huge lag spike, lucky the ship was still in my storage and I respawned in it O_o

But pres is way to hard to gain now its so easy to loose so much on a single death. I don't think I will ever reach GA in its current state

Infact I didnt see a single promotion the whole night, only demotions. I barly have enough to hold FA at the moment because of that lag death :/

I really hope they dissable pres loss for now because you can't get anywhere and its just not fun to play, you only loose out.

[ This Message was edited by: -Viper- on 2005-07-19 09:07 ]

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-19 09:03   
I lagged right into a planet with my dread and lost more than 1k in the day whichi was my whole earings

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-19 09:03   
That Sux Ent,..

As for my experence with this new patch 1483 -1483.3

I can't say im too happy with the more recent changes. The Lag is really just the tip of the Ice Berg IMHO. I dont agree with the way Faustus cut the Upgrading costs, and never botherd to mention anything prior to 1483.3 about doing so. I Dont beleive that makking money was as hard as everyone made it out to be.

I personally knew of a non-Exploit way to make (given the right circumstances) at least a Million credits every 30 minuets. Im sorry people here are market savey, or maybe theyve all left to EvE.

I modded an AD when 1483 was released.. and by the time 1483.3 had been put in i had put nearly 18 million into it. In 1482 I only had 3.8 million credits. Not to mention Ive told many friends and Fleet mates how to make money the Quick and Easy way. Just to have the ship and insurance on it be only 5 million.

But thats no longer thorn in my side, since the ship was lost in the battle to defend CD36 yesterday.

Personally I didnt care about the money, I would have rather have been a feared Ship then just another cheaply upgraded post 1483.3 ship. Thats now once again a dime a dozen.

This 1483.3 Credit fix really has some of the newbs even more confused. After I spent 15min in there after todays MV crash .. I was bombarded by the simplest of questions.. and a recuring theme was
"why do I have negative credits"

People dont read your web site faustus.. when people start out in a game they look at which buttons fire the torpedos.. No matter if they are just shooting the infantry on the planet.

I dont like the cumbersome way modding was in 1482, and now in post 1483, it has just become worse.. More hassel.. more time wasted..

Building is pointless since, Neutrons are end all be all bomb.
Bombing didnt get harder..It got alot easier.

And now that everyone is equal in what levels they can afford to mod their parts at, why not just make the best stuff stock when you pull it out of the SY and then just charge them more to pull it out of the SY.

I dont wish to get this thread locked, and I do still keep a positive outlook for DS. I just dont agree with the outcome of this latest change.

-Charz

Southpark
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-19 12:12   
i dunno.. i haven't slammed into more than 1 or 2 planets since the patch released, but i've gained prestige over the last few days at a pretty consistant rate, given i haven't died in 3 days either(yay, jinx) and i've had a pretty good time killing people although i have caused more than 1 person to de-rank after killing them.. perhaps the prestige loss for an upgraded ship is a bit steep? who knows..

over i think it makes ships feel much more valuable than they did before.. even w/ a garage full of modded parts ready to go if i should die and have to re-mod.. i'm still very protective of my ships and i get pretty worked up if i get close to dying..

(luckily for me, a mandible can kill/disable a stock interdictor cruiser in about 1 salvo.. hehe)

-Viper-
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-19 12:17   
Yea they feel valuable, but all we are getting is people sitting at planets not wanting to risk them lol

I think the problem is because ships now take longer to kill, you do less damage to them etc. The pres gain needs updating to compensate so it goes back to more like it was before. The amount you loose on death is still way to harsh though, will make leveling from scatch near impossible.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-19 15:20   
yes, prestige loss needs to be reduced for sure. the first 3 days i lost 4000 prestige or more, and im only now managing to scrape it back.

also, bombing needs to be dumbed down, badly. bio bombs and neutrons make building a planet completely pointless, the only way to defeat a bomber fleet is to be there before it is, which is impossible in most circumstances

WinterRose
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-19 15:26   
I've been lucky so far not to slam into any planets yet. Mostly if there's any inkling of lag on my side, I'll do a ctrl-target jump from a complete stand-still to the side of a planet where I'm close enough to orbit without the AI moving me. But frankly at this point I avoid even fighting around planets. I'll just sit there and slam spacebar until I either need to fly away or they fly away.

Either way, this lag is the only thing making the 'new' DS as great as it should be.

Email WinterRose
+Talon+
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-19 15:31   
alot of the same on a lesser scale ent.

I kept moddin gup the clavate and trying to do bombing runs. I also got lag spikes and got destroyed when i couldnt turn from planets. It was very frustratin gfor me because I have been trying so hard to get to the next rank from 1st Rear Admiral. I practically celebrated when my prestige finally hit 8000, and i finally kept 200 prestige int he course of a week now. However, last night i battled it between 8k and 8200. When it finaly dropped below 8k i logged.

If it was lost due to mistakes or valid deaths it wouldn't be so bad, but knowing your fighting against an unseen enemy that makes progression that much harder, well... I am suree you all understand.

Mabey it is a good thing the game wont let me gain the 2k prestige i still need to fly a dread, these last few weeks. I can only imagine how much prestige I might loose then. Though for me I have never really lost any ship in battle due to lag yet, just bombing.

Page created in 0.015669 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR