Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » why does friendly fire penalize me?
 Author why does friendly fire penalize me?
hellcane
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-19 11:53   
i love that the game has no lag anymore for the most part, but to have my last 2 hours worth of progress wiped out because some retard "friendly" destroys my ship will not make me pay once the free trial is over

is there a way to get this prestige back? or am i just SOL and its not worth my time to play the game

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-19 11:57   
Accidental FF is part of the game, it cant be helped in times of confusing fire-fights.

The only way you'll get compensated is if the death was the fault of the game, and not you (eg, lag).

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-19 12:42   
As I understand it the Friendly Fire Penalty was installed to help reduce the risk of griefers to legitamate players.

If I am correct only the Players who did the Friendly Fire are supposed to get any prestige loss... or has things changed and the poor shmuck who gets Friendly Fired on purpose get penalized too?

If this is true then this feature needs to be changed... I should be penalized with Prestige Loss because some wacked out bozo gets his/her/its jollies shooting his teammates to shreads...

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-19 12:54   
1) Repeaditly FF is breaking the RoC. if you see anybody FFing, get some pictures, and do a /report.

2) Perhaps a 1/2 or even a 1/4 reflect damage when you FF (i.e.: if you bring somebody's front armor down by 50% from FF, your front armor goes down by 25 (or less)%, or your hull by some other weird percentage)?

hellcane
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-19 12:59   
>>>If I am correct only the Players who did the Friendly Fire are supposed to get any prestige loss... or has things changed and the poor shmuck who gets Friendly Fired on purpose get penalized too?<<<
things have changed or its bugged, hopefully an admin will look at the thread and say if its working as intended or if they screwed something up in the code

>>>The only way you'll get compensated is if the death was the fault of the game, and not you (eg, lag)<<<
maybe its me, but penalizing me for some jackass shooting me is the fault of the game

[ This Message was edited by: hellcane on 2005-07-19 13:00 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-19 13:27   
Quote:

On 2005-07-19 12:59, hellcane wrote:
>>>If I am correct only the Players who did the Friendly Fire are supposed to get any prestige loss... or has things changed and the poor shmuck who gets Friendly Fired on purpose get penalized too?<<<

if you get hit with weapons, you take damage. no matter WHAT faction it was fired from. since you took damage, you loose prestieg (I THINK. I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE if you take damage, you loose pres)

NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-19 14:02   
If you get exploded, you will lose prestige, regardless of who the final shot was from.
You do NOT lose prestige for having your ship damaged, by the enemy or by a friendly. Only destroyed.
You DO lose prestige if you damage a friendly ship.

No change to the FF system is required. This is a team based game, and protecting you from the ineptitude of your team mates only undermines this philosophy. Sorry ICC.

If however, you were destroyed deliberately, bust off a screenie and send it to the admins. The offenders will most likely get ban time.

[ This Message was edited by: NoPants2win on 2005-07-19 14:11 ]

Goto the website of NoPants2win
hellcane
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-19 14:18   
well that settles that. darkspace once again gets uninstalled

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-19 14:22   
If you die because of FF, you lose the prestige.

In the MV higher ranked players have been learning to not shoot enemys with the QST's whilst in battle, but because all they can see sometimes is the diamonds from so far away, it gets hard.

If you die from accidental FF, there is nothing that can be done. It was an accident, and the person who killed you gained FF for what he did, both hull and armour FF.

If, however, it was on purpose, then /report the issue, and one of the staff will undoubtably look into it. Although I doubt by the sound of this, that it was on purpose.

Southpark
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-19 14:27   
i think his point is that:

a. he got hit by friendly fire

b. the friendly fire blew him up

c. he lost a significant amount prestige because his ship was probably modded

d. the amount of prestige lost by the offending player due to FF is probably insignificant compared to the time and prestige lost due to the modded ship getting toasted.

solution? this might fall under a compensation thing

but i don't think reducing the penalty for dying from FF is a good idea, because then you have people screaming to have their teammates kill them if they're low on hull

perhaps more severe penalties for friendly fire are in order, with an escalating penalty for damaging an already seriously damaged teammate

example 1:

teammate has 100%hull 100% armor

friendly fire causes 10 points of armor damage, you receive 10 pts of friendly fire penalty.

example 2: escalating penalty

teammate has 25% hull 0% armor

friendly fire causes 10 points of hull damage, you receive 100pts of friendly fire penalty due to the serious condition of the person you friendly fired upon..

this would make people a lot more cautious shooting randomly around seriously injured teammates..

Diomed
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-19 14:55   
I don't really see what the issue is here, unless the FF is on purpose. There are times when accidents happen.

If you are fighting the enemy and in the course of the battle you get in the line of fire of your teammate, that is regrettable- sometimes avoidable- but is part of being in an environment where weapons are going off all over.

If you are one of those people who complains about wanting to take an enemy on by yourself, I really have no sympathy. This is a team game, and anyone not wishing to play a team game should... not play a team game.

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-19 15:34   
do you really lose prestige for damaging your friend without killing?
last time i did that i didnt lose anything

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-07-19 15:43   
This is how friendly fire works.

If any of YOUR weapons cause damage either directly or via splash to yourself or a team mate then you incure Friendly Fire penalties.

When your ship explodes it has a certain ammount of force which damages enemys nearby, but can also hurt friendlies in the same maner thus incuring friendly fire points.

So ANY action that you perform that harms your teammates or your ship incures Friendly Fire.

How to avoid FF penalties.
- Engage at a moderate range. Waiting until the last second as you fly under them to fire your torps at the enemy means you are in the splash radius and will incure damage to yourself.
- Don't shoot friendlies. Sometimes they cross your path. In real life if you shoot a friendly unit in the back you risk courtmarshal and jail. Here you just loose a few points. Though can be banned if you continually do so on purpose.
- Coordinate your actions with the rest of the fleet. Missile dreads lobbing in PCM's from 2000gu out need to shift or cease fire as the destroyers and cruisers move in to mop up. Otherwise they risk damaging friendly ships.

Email Tael
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-19 15:46   
Quote:

On 2005-07-19 15:43, Tael wrote:
- Coordinate your actions with the rest of the fleet. Missile dreads lobbing in PCM's from 2000gu out need to shift or cease fire as the destroyers and cruisers move in to mop up. Otherwise they risk damaging friendly ships.

woah. wait.

wait.

did Tael just suggest....tactics...in...DARKSPACE?!...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

oh god, that was such a good laugh....hahah.....tactics...in...darkspace..hahaha...

Page created in 0.019741 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR