No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The Dev. chat got to crowded
 Author The Dev. chat got to crowded
Quietly confident
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-20 20:59   
Okay the Dev. chat got way too croweded for me to eg ta side word in. so i'm going to post what i think to make things easier::
(i cant rememebr eveythign at once, so i may keep
editing what i put here so bear with me)

Change one::

Remove the option to upgrad ships entirenly, an introduce a "loadout" screen. This would happen before you enter the game but after you've selected your ship.

The ships should all have Stock stuff equiped when you select them, but when you go to the load out screen you can change them for what you want. All the ships avabile should be chosen as they are now, by rank and badges. then you should be able to selet what you want for the ship you coose depended again on your rank/bagdes.

Each items of a particular rank will be balanced out.
So the game's stock ships are fully balanced, but when you start to change what there equiped with to unbalnce it into/out of your favor to do certain things.

E.G. Change the entire stock stuff of a bomber so it becomes unbalced and is great for bombing, but lacks any defense.

Change the stock of a sensor ship for esstenaly sensor duites, remove any serious offensive capabilites.

Change Two::

the intoroduction of missions again.
Introduction (again) of the Admiral server or another server for commander (or there about) ranks to gain prestige in, as the MV is just too hard for us!

Change Three::

Sort out all this nonsense off credits/resource/prestige loss for ships and this compensation buiness... its just too complicated and ( i think ) not doing quite what admin would have liked it too. i must say the idea that when your ship is destoyed, you get al the creds back, people arnt that affraid of loosing highly modded ships as they get all the money back, and only loose rescourse/prestige.

Change four:

A proper kamikazi function, so once youve pressed the button and confirmed it, your ship will intercept the target and exploed into them... this buiness about having to manuver and get under them, then wait for the SD to go off is just a pain! and most of the time before you blow they jump or out manuvor you.

Change Five::

The intorduction of two "neutral" teams which cant cap planets but own a system each. there purpose is to stop non-fleet players from faction hoping in the MV. so when your not in a fleet and you log into the server it displays two "other" factions to choose. these are too be balanced and have no real effect other then allowing small ranks to play and get used to the MV (who are not in a fleet) and stopping people from Faction hoping. (as most of the time the n00bs jump on the winning side, and the higher ranks tend to go towards the ones which are being beaten to fight back. well thts what ive noticed neways)

t hats all for now....

[small][ This Message was edited by: Screaming Chimera {I.C.C Retaliation} on 2005-07-20 21:02 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Screaming Chimera {I.C.C Retaliation} on 2005-07-20 21:14 ]

Commander of the Heavy supply Ship Laden

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-20 21:02   

the intoroduction of missions again.

Introduction (again) of the Admiral server or another server for commander (or there about) ranks to gain prestige in, as the MV is just too hard for us!

as its been pointed out, repetedly, admiral was only up temproarily for for the rollover, and FA just doesnt get used

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2005-07-20 21:06 ]

Quietly confident
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-20 21:02   
oooppps... wrong place... someone plz move it

Commander of the Heavy supply Ship Laden

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-20 21:06   
Hehe wrong forum.

Anyway, great meeting, but I found a glaring issue and my question about it was never addressed:

Quote:
1:50:35 [Admin]Faustus: "James Bum @75726 Sent "deathcat whispered "well the icc get beter small class ships we dont have eny thing that can go hed to hed?"""
21:51:09 [Admin]Faustus: "@deathcat... ICC is a defensive faction.... so its really hard to qantify that..."

How does the ICC bomber dreadnaught fit in this philosophy? It's the complete opposite of defensive. It shouldn't exist anymore.

I asked about this but time had run out.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2005-07-20 21:14   
Quote:

On 2005-07-20 21:06, MrSparkle wrote:

How does the ICC bomber dreadnaught fit in this philosophy? It's the complete opposite of defensive. It shouldn't exist anymore.

I asked about this but time had run out.

i think what F means is that the ICC is mostly based on defence.
but it stil thinks of some part offensive.
otherwise if the lost a system the would never gain it back.
there for some special designed ships would have been made that fit the offensive role.
the icc bomber dread is a perfect example.
its big it can stand up against multiple little ships and it has plannetary offensive capability's. wile the rest of the fleet is on the defence protecting this ship.

think about it as the old naval carriers.
the carrier was the offensive land destroyer force.
wile about 50 other big and small vessles were its protection. and carried assault personel.

eXc33d
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-21 07:23   
I agree with most of what Chimera has said, the MV is way to hard for us Commanders and I have lost alot of prestige because of being owned by Dreadnoughts and other ridiculously big ships. I feel stupid flying around, even attempting to take out these mammoth things when my ships get destroyed before I even realise that I have been attacked.

Also I like the idea of the load out(up) screen as it can take some time to upgrade your ship and being able to load your ship up without the threat of being destroyed by the time that you have finished upgrading is alot more comforting.

I have never seen missions and would like to see how they work so I am behind that idea . And the idea of a server for commanders appeals to me no end, as I have already explained in my above statement.

I'm not sure I like point 3 as I like being able to upgrade my ship without losing money and it has allowed people to fight more evenly with those who can afford to upgrade their ship.

Email eXc33d
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 07:24   
Your not really meant to take on dreads in a frigate / dessy. Your meant to run.

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 07:49   
Remember:

The Best defense is a overwhelming offense.

ICC is doing fine ey .

Deleted
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 09:04   
Well that has a reason, ICC has more defense, so there lower ship can do (little) damage to others. When someone trys to follow them they just move away.

Page created in 0.013707 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR