Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Who is the Strongest Faction?
 Author Who is the Strongest Faction?
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 09:02   
*bump*

Email GothThug {C?}
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 09:14   
bumpity bumpity boo

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 09:16   
Kluth are getting weaker because they are overpowered. Think logicly, and you'll see that they have a lot of advantages going for them. Thats hard to balance, you've yet to come down to our level of balance yet (and even that isnt perfect). I mean, just look at your mandable, able to own anything ingame.

Dont just say "Kluth sucks". Siphon, weak? I feel the urge to go over to K'luth to school you, but BUM$ are doing well enough. Siphon can recharge its stellar incinerator without power loss with 6 reactors. Its imencly powerfull if used correctly.

Another point, how do you know ALL these ships suck if you have yet to pilot them? *points to goths rank*

I rest my case.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-07-21 09:49 ]

Placebo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 09:21   
Okay, Soapbox is for non-DS stuff...so you have put this in the wrong area. Also there is no need to bump so much. Give people a chance to reply...and don't be so pushy...

I've moved your topic, and please from now on..be more patient...

Deschain
Captain

Posted: 2005-07-21 09:25   
Actually, it was explained yesterday by Tael that the recent changes to the K'luth faction were to attempt to get them to the way they were originally designed; as a hive mind.

From how it was spoken in the lobby, when the K'luth first arrived on the scene, they were supposed to be a very team-oriented, Colony based fleet. They weren't supposed to go out on their own and take on neither the UGTO nor the ICC.

His example was this: One person would remain uncloaked near an enemy/friendly planet to "lure," out the warmongers. Meanwhile, you'd have a couple of cruisers or a dreadnaught or two hiding nearby in cloak, awaiting the warmonger to make his fatal mistake and initiate first strike. When the enemy did their initial attack, the others would decloak while the baiter would cloak, and wipe the individual from the vast reaches of space.

It's not the developers nerfing the faction, it's the players not living up to the original design. And yes, us BUMS do great because we keep that very same purpose in our heads every time we all log in. It's rare to see a lonely bum. (That last statement works on many many levels).

Anyway, just passing along the knowledge. It's food for thought.

-Des-

Goto the website of Deschain
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 09:27   
Quote:

On 2005-07-21 09:25, Bummer {Deschain} wrote:
Actually, it was explained yesterday by Tael that the recent changes to the K'luth faction were to attempt to get them to the way they were originally designed; as a hive mind.

From how it was spoken in the lobby, when the K'luth first arrived on the scene, they were supposed to be a very team-oriented, Colony based fleet. They weren't supposed to go out on their own and take on neither the UGTO nor the ICC.

His example was this: One person would remain uncloaked near an enemy/friendly planet to "lure," out the warmongers. Meanwhile, you'd have a couple of cruisers or a dreadnaught or two hiding nearby in cloak, awaiting the warmonger to make his fatal mistake and initiate first strike. When the enemy did their initial attack, the others would decloak while the baiter would cloak, and wipe the individual from the vast reaches of space.

It's not the developers nerfing the faction, it's the players not living up to the original design. And yes, us BUMS do great because we keep that very same purpose in our heads every time we all log in. It's rare to see a lonely bum. (That last statement works on many many levels).

Anyway, just passing along the knowledge. It's food for thought.

-Des-

Thank you so freaking much. Hopefully K'luth will start thinking and playing like this.

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 09:28   
mandible underpowered
same sentence doesnt compute.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 09:48   
Quote:

On 2005-07-21 07:25, GothBumThug {C?} wrote:
Like the title states who is the strongest faction?

UGTO: They have The QST, an EAD with 12 Beam Weapons, Alot of Smaller Weapons and 9 PTorpedos

ICC: They have the Ion Cannon, 3 for the Line Station but, the AD has 1 on its nose, and 16 Beam Weapons 8 Heavy Chem Lasers 8 Light Lasers more if you replace them with the Railguns

K'luth: We have the Steller Incinerator, and a Hive that can Fire 3 Of them 1 from the nose of the Siphon however we have weak armor even if its upgraded and our weapons when upgraded to level 4 and above do little to NO damage and i found this out last night while i was hunting down a wounded UGTO Missle Cruiser with 27% hull, and i had a Dictor with me who actually killed him in 10 minutes but thats besides the point,

Anyone wondering if the kluth are getting weaker by the updates of Darkspace? i think we're getting weaker and the UGTO are getting stronger hehe. either way, im getting sick of this and the kluth need to be strong we're aliens for crying out loud and we're supposed to be the domineering faction! NOT THE WEAKEST!

The EAD 9 Torpedoes are only 7, effectivly because 2 of them have rear arcs. (Thx gideon, i assume you were drunk when you came up with that?)

As anti Ship weapon the QST has quite some disadvantages, for example the low damage on dreads. Id trade it in for an ion anytime (hurl that ion into a downed Armor/shild arc and the target can kiss goodbye to subsystems.) The QST's energy consumption is insane too, and we dun have 6 reactors to compensate. Realy, the ability to poop unmodded Noob ships isnt realy impressive. A Level 10 qst does pathetic 19% armor damage on level 10 Standard, a bit less to shilds so its a damn crappy first strike weapon (actualy, an BD can alpha you with torps and cannons for MORE damage)
Another point: beam weapons which fit into the standards slots are next to useless. And I tried beam ships, Flux Cannon Boats and none of em proved to be effecktive, damage wise (well they have been extremly effecktive in draining my Power).

If i could mount Disrupters and Dis Assaults i'd do it.
If i had 6 Reactor slots, id love it.
If i actualy could upgrade my 3 reactors on the ead higher than 2 (well.. a torp cruiser can go to level 4... thats max speed all funs blazing... i dont demand max speed all guns blazing on ead but id like to get out more that 4 torp volleys at 15 gu...)

in the end:

Icc has many trumpcards.
Shild Rotation, Best deffed Planets, well rounded ships.
Oh, and a dctor guarded by pulse shild ships to kill off fighters is JUST as bad as a dictor that can cloack to shake of fighters.

Realy, the only thing going for UGTO atm is being able to switch armor, to counter certain weapon types. But wait!!! I Forgot. Nearly All ships do have several different weapon types abord so that its actualy dumb to mount something other than Standard armor. Again, thx for this awesome ability.

On the Rare occasion the UGTO actualy can pull of something we are usualy outnumbering the enemy 3:1.

Wow, thats a sign of power!

beh...
stop complaining already...

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-21 10:02   
who is the stronges faction?

well considering that there is not an MV active player balance.

The answer to your question is the faction with the most active and skilled players.

reguardless of what your ships feild currently.

-Charz

Hellaciouss
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 10:56   
Quote:

On 2005-07-21 09:48, PutEADRearTorpsToFrontPlease wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-07-21 07:25, GothBumThug {C?} wrote:
Like the title states who is the strongest faction?

UGTO: They have The QST, an EAD with 12 Beam Weapons, Alot of Smaller Weapons and 9 PTorpedos

ICC: They have the Ion Cannon, 3 for the Line Station but, the AD has 1 on its nose, and 16 Beam Weapons 8 Heavy Chem Lasers 8 Light Lasers more if you replace them with the Railguns

K'luth: We have the Steller Incinerator, and a Hive that can Fire 3 Of them 1 from the nose of the Siphon however we have weak armor even if its upgraded and our weapons when upgraded to level 4 and above do little to NO damage and i found this out last night while i was hunting down a wounded UGTO Missle Cruiser with 27% hull, and i had a Dictor with me who actually killed him in 10 minutes but thats besides the point,

Anyone wondering if the kluth are getting weaker by the updates of Darkspace? i think we're getting weaker and the UGTO are getting stronger hehe. either way, im getting sick of this and the kluth need to be strong we're aliens for crying out loud and we're supposed to be the domineering faction! NOT THE WEAKEST!

The EAD 9 Torpedoes are only 7, effectivly because 2 of them have rear arcs. (Thx gideon, i assume you were drunk when you came up with that?)

As anti Ship weapon the QST has quite some disadvantages, for example the low damage on dreads. Id trade it in for an ion anytime (hurl that ion into a downed Armor/shild arc and the target can kiss goodbye to subsystems.) The QST's energy consumption is insane too, and we dun have 6 reactors to compensate. Realy, the ability to poop unmodded Noob ships isnt realy impressive. A Level 10 qst does pathetic 19% armor damage on level 10 Standard, a bit less to shilds so its a damn crappy first strike weapon (actualy, an BD can alpha you with torps and cannons for MORE damage)
Another point: beam weapons which fit into the standards slots are next to useless. And I tried beam ships, Flux Cannon Boats and none of em proved to be effecktive, damage wise (well they have been extremly effecktive in draining my Power).

If i could mount Disrupters and Dis Assaults i'd do it.
If i had 6 Reactor slots, id love it.
If i actualy could upgrade my 3 reactors on the ead higher than 2 (well.. a torp cruiser can go to level 4... thats max speed all funs blazing... i dont demand max speed all guns blazing on ead but id like to get out more that 4 torp volleys at 15 gu...)

in the end:

Icc has many trumpcards.
Shild Rotation, Best deffed Planets, well rounded ships.
Oh, and a dctor guarded by pulse shild ships to kill off fighters is JUST as bad as a dictor that can cloack to shake of fighters.

Realy, the only thing going for UGTO atm is being able to switch armor, to counter certain weapon types. But wait!!! I Forgot. Nearly All ships do have several different weapon types abord so that its actualy dumb to mount something other than Standard armor. Again, thx for this awesome ability.

On the Rare occasion the UGTO actualy can pull of something we are usualy outnumbering the enemy 3:1.

Wow, thats a sign of power!

beh...
stop complaining already...

Errr, I've noticed that reflective armor works pretty damn well vs beam weapons. Maybe you should try them and stop crying (seeing as 95% of Kluthies stack beams)?

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 12:08   
Silence there, try eating some AM torps in reflective and youll see what i mean.

Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-07-21 12:10   
Why are you using QST as a first strike weapon?

Email Ramius
Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 13:46   
Quote:

On 2005-07-21 09:27, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

Thank you so freaking much. Hopefully K'luth will start thinking and playing like this.

I don't know about when you fight, but when I'm on the Kluth are using wolfpack tactics - alot.

As for the strongest faction having the most skilled pilots, it's generally the other way. You'll find alot of skilled pilots on the undermanned faction, or weaker if you will, because that is where the challenge is.

There is no "strongest" faction. It is a game of numbers and how the ships are used.

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 15:14   
Quote:

On 2005-07-21 12:10, Ramius {C?} wrote:
Why are you using QST as a first strike weapon?

I'm not doing anymore (well.. not alone.. only with several other qst sourcec nearby hehe )

Got cured from that after day one.

Page created in 0.023107 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR