No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » I noticed something about fighter bombers
 Author I noticed something about fighter bombers
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-21 10:29   
Fighter bombers seem very efficient at hitting their targets. I've used them and I've seen them be used, and I've noticed that they get about as close to their target as they can, launch their bombs, and at that point the PD of the planet activates and destroys the fighters. But it leaves the bombs intact and since the fighters were already as close as they can be the bombs get through.

Why do the defense bases target the fighters and not the bombs? That's the biggest problem. It makes fighter bombers nearly foolproof (against UGTO and Kluth planets). It won't matter how many defense bases there are, those bombs will get through.

Defense bases should not PD the bombers if there's bombs in the area. The bombs should be #1 priority. They're not. Like I said I've used this fact a lot myself and others are starting to pick up on it. Either that, or make the bombers launch their bombs from farther away so the defense bases don't get confused on what to PD.

Maybe it's intended for them to be this good at bombing? Maybe they'd be worthless if their bombs were launched from farther away?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 10:51   
Fighter bombs suck.

Also upgrading fighters upgrades their range.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-21 12:34   
They do suck but they hit their targets. Launch 8 of them from a station and you're gonna successfully bomb. Little by little the planet will fall.

It's the new way to bomb.

warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 12:39   
They do the job little by little...as long as the carrier or station has either a sup or planet near it will eventually get the job done

the new way to bomb? definately!

with the pres lost for getting a bomber dread/cruiser/dessie/whatever killed is there really any wonder?

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-21 14:41   
That and the fact that fighter bombers's bombs always hit. They should be launching bombs from farther away so the planet's PD doesn't get confused.

warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 14:46   
i believe the fighter are replicating the cloudbombing tactics of larger ships...launh further away and all bombs will be caught by pd

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-21 15:26   
No they're doing just the opposite. They're getting as close as possible before launching bombs, so when they do launch them the PD is firing on the fighters and leaving the bombs alone.

That's why they need to launch the bombs from further away. Fighter bombers should be a supplement to bombing, not an easy to use guaranteed bomb.

Watch them next time. Watch them in camera mode if they're your own. You'll see what they're doing and why they succeed so often.

Page created in 0.011212 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR