Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » kluth surply broken
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author kluth surply broken
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 20:59   
Quote:

On 2005-07-21 20:44, Zeritu {Da Hui} Recruiting wrote:
What UGTO and ICC seem to forget is that Kluth are a Alien Race they are saposed tobe Stronge Not Weak like you want them tobe.Now for thoes of you that can't get this If a Aliens Race (Lets say Kluth) attack Earth and the Millitary Whined There too Uber Make them Weaker do you Honestly think That would make them selfs Weaker so you can fightback? No They wouldn't. so get off your butts and learn some skilles and stop trying to make Kluth the Alien Race in DS Weaker then you are!

and what u seem to forget is that this is a game thats trying to balance things out. not a real life war like u think it is in ur post here... (playing K'luth here myself btw)

shadey
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-21 21:12   
well this is exactly the reason i left ds, it seems that only certain people are listened too and others are left in the cold. hmmmm some must pay higher sub fees i guess. Anyways i have played kluth pretty much since day one and woulf like to know one thing, why is it that the mumans keep saying "use hit and run tactics" when we complain about being nerfed? the nerfs themselves are going against this tactic, our ships are now effectively the slowest and least armoured in the game. all we have is a decent alpha but after that we got nuthing. you say use wolf packs, fine. But why should we need several ships to hold our own against one human ship? And as for our suppies and stations not reloading while cloaked wtf is that? i tell u what its a way to lose pres as a sup now. trust me those ships die real fast. another point. the humans say we are weak in all these areas cuse we have cloak. well it seems cloak is pretty useless when as soon as we get damaged u can see our smoke, not to mention that a cheap little beacon easily counters a lvl 10 cloak. that is not my idea of balance.

and as for the references to backslash, well i have to agree. he seems to think he has the right to answer to each and every post like he is a dev and frankly i tired of it.
well thats my 2 cents have fun guys, oh and for those of u sick of ds, try americas army.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-21 21:19   
May I ask why you'd have to jump ahead to the planet if the bombs are higher level? And why you don't have to if they're level 0? What does higher levels do to bombs?

Asking cuz I thought higher level bombs just did more damage. I always use fully upgraded bombs because of this.

Sovereign
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 21:22   
Higher level bombs also happen to move faster.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 21:24   
Correct, nice to see people reading posts nowerdays .

That tactic should give you a fair few planets (if not alot).

Im going to have a good 50% of UGTO throwing daggers at me now for every luth planet we lose.

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 21:41   
Why dont you two just shut the frell up? Honestly talk instead of bicker. Offer constuctive comments not crap talk.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-21 21:44   
Quote:

On 2005-07-21 13:40, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Its intended.

Use proper kluth tactics.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-07-21 13:40 ]

Apparently that would be gather a force of 10+ ships, 1/3 had better be supplies, and then be prepared to die anyways, because you can't hide, you can't jump, and you can't rep.

Are any of you Kluth as freakin' annoyed by the constant banter of "use proper tactics" coming from people who are not Kluth as I am?

Get this through your heads. The problem with using Kluth tactics, is that our ability to use them has been severly hamstringed. The only engagments I have seen Kluth winning are ones where they outnumber the enemy 3 to 1, or 2 to 1, and they end up fighting like humans. The real issues deal in the fact that they seem to be half modded to fight as a hit and run. All the tools are not there to truly accomplish this. There is a reason you keep seeing posts in the forums.

TRY LISTENING!!!!!!!!!

Sigh. Kluth is still wrong. The devs say it's fine, the human players say it's fine, but every good, veteran kluth pilot must be wrong. What can you do?

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-21 22:03   
Nah, it's just because Jack seems to be better than everyone else. And all the examples he uses involve him in his little server world where lag doesn't exist.

What can we mortal aliens do against a GOD like Jack? How can we even compare?

Would you like some Worshippers, Jack? Some lowly beings to grovel at your feet?

We are many. We are one.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 22:05   
I just gave you a sound tactic, and all you do is insult me back?

Theres gratitude for you...

Zeritu
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-07-21 22:11   
To End this Jack you say Kluth use there Tactics yet your at the top of the List to Getting Kluth Nerfed so Why don't you get off your butt and Play Kluth you Try so Hard to Nerf and then Shutup!

Goto the website of Zeritu
Tikki
Cadet
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-21 22:22   
Quote:

On 2005-07-21 21:44, Azreal wrote:
Sigh. Kluth is still wrong. The devs say it's fine, the human players say it's fine, but every good, veteran kluth pilot must be wrong. What can you do?

Take a look at what these people who say nothing is wrong are doing, test it instead of just saying we don't know what we're talking about because we don't play K'luth. Then if you still find it doesn't work, come at us with facts. Let's work together to make K'luth good instead of bicker. Please, test the bombing strat Jack mentioned, see if it works. If not, say so.

I should also mention there are some darn effective ways to do up a hive. I'm genuinely frightened of ThunderThug's and don't want to get anywhere near it. As any station, it's vulnerable to long range attacks though. That's where your wolfpacks come in, take out the long range threats, one at a time. (yes, my poor missle cruiser included)

Commander of the Missle Cruiser 'Nevermore'

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-21 22:23   
I am not attacking Jack. Just that statement and attitude.

Look. In beta I tried to say it, I say it again. When you test these ships, keep real MV terms in perspective. That means not all ships are likely to have l10 armor or assault rupters. And guess what. We don't. Not many can afford them, and those that still can are smart enough to refrain or run early.

If you do your testing in closed server, then your tests are flawed. If you do your testing with 100% upgraded ships, then your tests are flawed. If you do these tests w/o having one side outnumbered against the other, then your tests are flawed.

Does that make any sense?

This is what hasn't been done, except now, in MV, after release.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-07-21 22:24   
Its always the same. One faction complains about being nerfed, the other factions say its fine and said faction is whining. From that point on, things degrade into generalized insults to the other side and boasting of their own fellow pilots' skills and tactics.

Honestly, am I the only one who sees this pattern? Its happened for what... 3 years now?

Lets all cool off and be constructive.

Email Ramius
Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 22:28   
Jack your expert "tactics" are old news - very old, please don't insult our intelligence.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 22:28   
I did my tests stock Azreal. With and without level 8 bio's. With level 8 bio's is a little bit trickier to try, and I tried to perfectly time a emergency jump exit...didnt work so well, so might want to test jumping distance gap at 15gu/s.

And Zeritu, read my posts, I DO play kluth. Just not on this account.

I dont try to nerf kluth. I strive to give my results and data to Tael and Faustus so they can make the game more balanced. An alienrace is hard to balance, and as such, many things will be changed, tactics will need to be changed.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-07-21 22:39 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023006 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR