No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » kluth surply broken
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author kluth surply broken
r3dj4ck
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 22:38   
Part of the problem here is that everyone seems to have thier own ideas about how the factions should work and play. Some expect the k'luth to be able to fight toe to toe with the other factions. Some think that they should be strictly hit and fade. And still, some others just don't have a clue (I believe I fall into this category).

Add to that the fact that we all have different concepts of what a "toe to toe combatant" is, or how exactly a "hit and run" strike should play out and you're going to get widely different variations all depending on so many different factors.

Everyone is never going to agree on anything.

All this bickering is making my head hurt. And none of it will decide the course of the universe anyway. Ultimately we're all swept along with the dev's decisions.

Can't we at least keep things respectful?

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 22:51   
Like it or not, the armchair Kluth experts are not quite correct. The current kluth worker has a hard time exsisting anywhere near the battlefield. Why the reloads were altered from the way they were to what they are now I imagine has nothing more to do with the fact the Disruptor Assault was using the wrong timer which gave the Kluth a huge boost in damage per second over everyone else. However that is changed but our workers are still underarmoured instant prestige for anyone that happens to spot one.

Oh but wait, Kluth are stealthy right? Well kind of, see now you have to unclaok to help people. of course the fact that a kluth worker can lose it's armour during the decloak phase doesn't matter to most but that's ok.

Nonetheless we have brave supplies that will rush into battle to save a dread or a ship, and it is funny to watch really because now the other kluth players tend to collapse back in to give protection - decloaked of course so we can provide cover.

The ironic part, that's what the UGTO is supposed to do, we're kluth. Hit and Fade, that's our speciality.

Ok, so we'll do hit and fade. The kluth fleet moves into combat sans any combat support and attack. Disruptors shoot out at their targets, after the targets get first strike (due to the decloak phase - hmmmmm I digress) and the kluth try to dish out as much damage as possible. However beacons were flying everywhere and people are tagged, but the fleet jumps out and the supplies hook up to fix them. Sadly the ship that needs the most help has a sig of 300 and the enemy appear to clean up to find a nice juicy supply sitting there - alpha *boom*.

Alas one can be offensive for only so long before you are going to be attacked. So a Kluth fleet is on the defensive and slightly outnumbered, but that is ok because they have planets. That's is until they need repair because no supply is going to hang around a planet cloked or not because QSTs are bombarding the planet and damaging or outright killing anything in orbit. Hit and Fade will only provide limited success in the defence, one will have to make a stand sooner or later.

What baffles me is the fact that reloads release DRONES why must a supply be uncloaked to use them. There was never a problem with anyone to initiate the reload uncloaked but forcing underarmoured ships to stay visible. This is nothing other than a campaign of bias, nothing more nothin less.

I play kluth alot, I play all manner of ships. I know how to adapt, I know how to fight with them but it infuriates me that people that go out of their way to whine and are quick to point out any flaw they perceive that will work against them. Yet, conveniently ignore everything that benefits them no matter how flawed it may be, human nature I guess...

It is sad though, very sad.

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-07-21 22:53   
al lvery fine still power runsoutso fast tha nwhen you get ti the planet you dont havepower for ecm or cloake

you should try with the new values on power and cloake

you cant go with the bombs or follow them in becaus an clav with maxed out lvl 10 pfe can max move 15 and stay cloaked without fire the weapons

and now someone say just run some ecm while fire the bombs

those things takes power / power you need for cloake auto hull repair

but this is not about bombing for real its about that out surplys cant surply us on runs like this they dont have the power or armor to take the heat

and they cant cloake becaus the power lvls on the cloke is higer than they can substain at 1/3 speed thats speed 9 if you dont know

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 23:01   
dreads jump away.
supplies repair them away from battle.

your not meant to be braving any battle with a supply. Kluth are all out offence, their defence sucks, and when it comes to supplies, they suck in defence with that too.

Create a supply point and keep moving it in the battle, that way, your dreads can keep hit and running.

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 23:07   
Give kluth workers more armor, problem fixed.

Kluth can alpha my supp, i can alpha (ok, need double or maybe triple alpha if the get better armor) theirs. If a combat-geared dread jumps a supp it has to friggin die, period. And that accounts for all factions: SUPPLYS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO TAKE THE FIRE OF A DREAD AND LAUGH ABOUT IT.

problem solved, next topic (eccm pinging, beacons)

HOW HARD IS THAT?! Just give them supps some armor! Like i care if i need to alpha them a sencond time, they die anyway, like all sups die.

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 23:15   
I give up, as much as you "play" kluth Jack it is apparent you are not familiar with how we are forced to fight. It is ok though, pass the rosey glasses please. I'll sit back and watch as people with other interests at heart "suggest" the best course of action for my chosen faction.

For all this talk about how kluth should fight not once was any valid reason put forth as to why the kluth must remain uncloaked to repair. I've seen some blanket statements, no proof that is was flawed, not reason that it should not be that way

Goodday

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 23:16   
Cloaked kluth sups give an unfair advantage. Watching a lone dread with 8 supplies around it, that no one can target, find, or destroy because of this. Because of the supplies, the dread is near god like, and can go around owning everything in its path.

Thats why.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-07-21 23:17 ]

Phoebuzz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 23:25   
Quote:
On 2005-07-21 23:01, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
your not meant to be braving any battle with a supply.

ICC and UGTO do supply non-stop midbattle.

K'luth have cloak, their hit and run is based on cloak, they don't jump better or move faster than ICC or UGTO.
K'luth can't supply while cloaked, so they can't supply while using hit and run tactics, but ICC and UGTO can. So K'luth are affected by attrition while using hit and run tacts while ICC and UGTO aren't.

Also, cloaked ECM bombing is nothing new, there was post about that from before the free trial. And it has nothing to do with the usefulness (or rather, uselessness) of K'luth ships.

Quote:
On 2005-07-21 23:16, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Cloaked kluth sups give an unfair advantage.

Having ship and planetary shields gives an unfair advantage.
Having 4 time more armor gives an unfair advantage.
Having flux weapons gives an unfair advantage.
Having pulse weapons gives an unfair advantage.
Having QST gives an unfair advantage.
Having a bomber with 9 bomb slot gives an unfair advantage.

Every side has advantage... but K'luth shouldn't have any?

And, by the way, you can kill a single dread with 8 supply around it, of course it'll take more than one or two ships to do that. Try teamwork, it works wonder.

[ This Message was edited by: Phoebum on 2005-07-21 23:34 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 23:27   
Thats because its their DESIGN. They are heavily armoured...

Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-07-21 23:31   
Why not just make kluth supplies heavily armored. They still have to decloak. But they should last a lot longer.

Email Ramius
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 23:32   
ICC/ugto supports die regulary in battle.

Well ugto ones do.

@topic:

Like the man above me said.

[ This Message was edited by: PutEADRearTorpsToFrontPlease on 2005-07-21 23:33 ]

Seamus Rooke
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 23:59   
so just as a question,

Would a UGTO or ICC dread not be invulnerable with 8 supplies? If the Kluth are offensive would it not be unfair for them to be unable to cause damage?

Is supply in combat restricted to only defensive factions? If an offensive factions sole means of defence is the cloak, is it fair that said cloak is countered by a two dollar beacon?

ok four questions

First post! Wow

[ This Message was edited by: Toifle on 2005-07-22 00:05 ]

Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-22 00:02   
Quote:

On 2005-07-21 23:16, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Cloaked kluth sups give an unfair advantage. Watching a lone dread with 8 supplies around it, that no one can target, find, or destroy because of this. Because of the supplies, the dread is near god like, and can go around owning everything in its path.

Thats why.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-07-21 23:17 ]

We don't want that, just that we have DECENT defence capabilities on said supply as it as ALWAYS been before.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-22 01:37   
Quote:

On 2005-07-21 22:22, Tikki (Viking Kitten) wrote:

Take a look at what these people who say nothing is wrong are doing, test it instead of just saying we don't know what we're talking about because we don't play K'luth.

bvecause u DONT know what ur talking about? u have NO idea what so ever what ur talking about if u havent played K'luth after 1.483 got released. and honestly shouldent open your mouth and make a oppinion if u HAVENT played K'luth after this patch.

u cant have a correct oppinion from having only played on one side. especially NOT when ur bitching about a enemy u havent played.

all u ICC/UGTO thats posting here all come with their "perfect" K'luth tactic, its just one problem THEY ARE HUMAN TACTICS! and they do *NOT* work as a K'luth! but as it is now were FORCED to play as human races because our number one defense has been made useless. NONE of our normal tactics work anymore. atm were just another human race with super crap defenses because all u whiners that didnt have a clue got our one and only GOOD defence nerfed..

And jack, i so pity u man.

Grmm
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-22 02:10   
There is so much of a memory leak in the client it is near impossible to cloak fast enough to survive damage in a battle as a supply. If someone would address the fact that the game eats all the available resources it would play a lot better. When you need to log out then log back into the client to make it more playable, there is not much you can do to make the game enjoyable.

[ This Message was edited by: grm1 on 2005-07-22 02:19 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025805 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR