No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Darkspace and the future ....
 Author Darkspace and the future ....
Gabriel
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-21 15:46   
Hello People,

Firstly I'd like to say these are my views only and are in no way meant to undermine the Dev's, Admin's or Faustus.

I've played this game on and off for 2 years now and in that time i've seen things change, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. Now currently as I see it, the game stands in limbo so to speak. On the one side we have the playerbase suggesting (and sometimes demanding this and that) and on the other the Admin's etc (who try and piece everything together to keep people happy).

Now from what I can see the game foundations are pretty good and so is the concept, the problem comes from the seemingly haphazard direction the game seems to take from time to time.

My suggestions for everyone would be these:

Admin's etc...

1) Decide on game goals and objectives and stick to them (you will never please everyone, so stop trying too).

2) Implement new ideas etc when they have been fully tested in Beta and are sure they will work (if needed offer free game time to Beta testers equivalent to the amount of time they spend in the Beta) This way you get the testers and the testers don't lose out on play time from their subscriptions.

3) You have an RoC, implement it (I have seen people in the lobby and in game who have broken the RoC quite openly and had no rebuke).

4) Have a Bug/Problem Thread where people can post Bugs/Problems ONLY (delete anything that is just whining or non-constructive).

Now for the playerbase...

1) Play the game how it is and not how you yourself want it to be (everyone has a different view on what they would like in a game, but it is the game's designers who decide on how that game will evolve).

2) If part 4 of the Admin suggestion is implemented use it correctly (do not post whinges or you want this or that, ONLY post game Bugs or Problems). This will allow the developers quicker access to the REAL problems without having to sort through all the moans.

3) BE a community (The lobby is the first port of call for ALL NEWCOMERS, do not break the RoC, do not run the game down in public). We as a community should be doing our upmost to help keep new blood in the game. REMEMBER we were all n00bs once, so if someone has a question (even if it is completely obvious as to the answer), do not run them down or insult their intelligence. Just offer an explanation and/or point them in the right direction.

4) Offer suggestions on ways to improve gameplay (if they are not implemented, don't moan about it), at least you offered some constructive suggestions (not all suggestions could or would work).

5) Lastly and MOST importantly HAVE FUN !!!!

Well that's my view on things and I hope people take them for what they are (hopefully a constructive and thoughtful post).

Gabriel out........

JediKnight
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 15:58   
Besides language, what rules are there to enforce in the lobby? Our concern should be focued in game, not for lobby rats

Goto the website of JediKnight
I am Batman
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-21 16:04   
I agree wholeheartedly with you. Over the past week we seem to have lost the fun aspect. Everyone is complaining about this or that. I think part of the ROC problems are that the moderators have the same complaints and understand people's frustrations. Bug exploits will never end until the bugs are worked out. If we have to go back to 1.482 so things work and have 1.483 on a beta server, then so do it. I for one, just want to have fun again. I hear that fleet numbers are dropping as well. We are community, lets be one again.

kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 18:09   
Well and thoughtfully spoken Gabe.

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Gabriel
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-21 22:50   
Bump...

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 23:02   
Admins dont do that, developers do *slap*

Gabriel
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-21 23:10   
That's why it say's ADMIN'S ETC ......

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-21 23:15   
no it doesnt!111111

Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-22 01:38   
good points gabe

Gabriel
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-23 10:29   
Everyone read this and respond with your thought on it please....

Page created in 0.022481 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR