No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » This may be a little far fetched......
 Author This may be a little far fetched......
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 19:04   
How about instead of credits to mod/upgrade ships, a ship creator is designed. Say for instance, I wanted to "create" a destroyer, I would buy or build a hull using minerals from planets and then create say, modules/parts to add to it. Creating the "individual" ship peeps want. No set design, no set basic ship, all designed by the peep building it. Now, doing this and not turning this into a "OMG I have to mine 5 mil hrs to make a ship" type dealy, be realistic with the resourse/credits requirement and allow only so much "mass" per rank and increase the mass/credits/resources requirement exponentially so that the bigger the mass/parts the more time consuming and mining/missions whatever it takes to do so.

Kinda like a jig-saw puzzle being put together by individuals to form "thier" ship. That would create unique ships, O and keep basic ships too those look cool and would be needed.

Better yet, keep things how they are/going to be and have something that we can design out own ships (looks, weapons layout, engines, size, whatever) instead of the basic designs we have now.

Im starting to confuse myself now so tear this thread apart belittle it whatever just something that I thought would make DS a more unique thingamagigger. <---whatever that means.

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-21 19:09   
I seem to disagree with the wait 5mil hrs we don't want to get that real even when the ship could be taken down just like that....

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 19:10   
Um, reread it. I dont think you got the gist.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-07-21 19:37   
My first mod system concept for the game was like this. You could take stock to get in fast or mod your own hull out... but It would require to much of a rework so F said heck no.

Email Tael
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 22:12   
Go play masters of orion 2 or stars! and dont ruin this game.

Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-21 23:21   
master of orion 3 was better for modding ships out ...too bad the rest of the game sucked so bad.

I have always been a fan of being able to totally design my weapons of destruction something to be said for the evil meglomaniac in me..it's a good idea...but not for this game...just too many variables to make it work right.

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-22 01:09   
It's a great idea. Fantastic. Just too much work for the devs. I am sad to say but DS is almost dead to me now. I think at this point Faustus and teams efforts would be more wisely put to DS 2. A total reworking of the game.

Dont get me wrong, I played DS in open Beta, loved it. Came back and have played for nearly 3 years as a p ying subscriber. I think on so many levels what Faustus and devs have created here is a thing of beauty. But some things needed fixing, and I feel perhaps in the fixing things got screwed up. I though I would absolutely love 1483, but I can barely bring myself to play it.

A smaller MV would be good. Heck, give us just 6 to 12 systems, but make capping a planet a very difficult taskrequiring fleet cooperation. I always wanted a huge MV like we have now, but really when things heat up only 2 or 3 systems at a time have any action. We just do not have the player base for such a vast battlefield. It is kinda like playing Battlefield 2 with 2 people on a 64 player map!!

I also do not like how durable ships have become. I mean c'mon, a dread should be able to destroy a destroyer with one point blank alpha. In most sci fi, just a few torpedo hits destroy a ship. I emptied my torp launchers on a Kluth dread scoring mostly hits and he sailed away like I never touched him!!! I had lvl 10 torps!!!!

Fighting in DS has gotten just too tedious. No real thrill for me anymore. This is sad. DS was a great thing for me. I really loved the game and my friends and foes here. I used to plan my day around MV battles at times!!! Now I log in hoping to recapture an experience long gone for me.

Faustus and devs, if you read this, no offense, it is your game and of course you will take it in the direction you see fit. For a good long whilethis game was a thing of beauty, not just a game but a real passtime and hobby for me. As well as a grand socal experiment, this is the ONLY game in which I actually chat in a lobby. I have 81 days left in my current subscription, they will most likely be my last. I will watch hopefully for DS 2 or maybe I will have to start playing.... gulp....EVE.

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-22 03:14   
I'd advise against playing EvE. I tried it, hated it. But you may be one of those people who like it, I don't know. As for me, DS has kinda died for me too, hence why I'm very inactive.

Page created in 0.014944 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR