No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Mask's Naviguesser speaks on nonplanet smackage
 Author Mask's Naviguesser speaks on nonplanet smackage
Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-22 13:25   
I have seen alot of people jump to, orbit and then lag into planets. I'm not going to say that what I do is going to solve your issues but I can say that the only time I crater now is when I was bombing.

When fighting near planets do flybys. Don't fly directly AT the planet aim by it and unload on your target as you go. Don't turn until you are 100+gu past the planet if at all possible and then turn away from it. If you start to lag decelerate until you deem you have control and jump clear of any planets (away from lag point) at earliest convenience. I see alot of people trying to course correct while lagged and inadvertently steer themselves to a short life.

When jumping to a planet, don't use auto-pilot - it's for sissies, you're in the Navy now. If not in combat come to a complete stop then manually plot your course. By this time you are generally sync'd so when you jump you'll end up in orbit where you plotted and not so much inside the planet.

When orbiting, try not to point at the planet. When I've lagged in the past it is generall on the line that I last travelled, forward or back, which is why I jump in from a dead stop. You rarely lag positions if the server has you has had you at a dead stop. Plus it just looks cooler if you are pointed away from planet, not to mention the ease of jumping to help your friends.

If plotting jumps on the move, be wary of your forward momentum. Beware of the "redline of death" planets are less then sympathetic about your navigational errors.

These are not new ideas per se, but it has kept my, ummm, accidental landings, to a minimum

[ This Message was edited by: Maskerade {C?} on 2005-07-22 13:26 ]

Page created in 0.004866 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR