No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » just want an opinion
 Author just want an opinion
Obiwan Kenobi
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-22 14:51   
i myself have been playing in here since about january or so and during 1.482 i enjoyed being in here and looked forward to getting home in the afternoons to jump in here and wreak havoc and perhaps take some in the process. Dont take this as a rant post or anything but here lately i have found that i just dont enjoy playing like i use too. I dunno wether its got anything to do with the way the new patch has the game going or what but i just dont play it like i used too. I mean before 1.483 I would come in and play for hours on end and win or lose i still got a kick out of it but now i just dont come in and stay for hours, it gets frustrating and within an hour at best im off of the game and irritated about something. To be honest i have actually considered whether it was still worth the while to continue subscribing or not and at this point in time i really dont know if i want to.

Just wondering how some of you guys felt about it and all. Again plz remember this wasnt meant as a rant or flame war.

Email Obiwan Kenobi
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-22 15:06   

I honestly dont know what to tell you. Personally, im going to sit back, have some good conversation, enjoy some lemonade, and see what direction DarkSpace takes in 2 weeks(tm).

-Charz

Deleted
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-22 15:51   
Well i loved it to. And its really amazing when you battle with 10 VS 10 ships.
But because of the lag 10 VS 10 is more running for the lag or sitting still so you wont bump into something.

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-22 16:47   
simple answer... dont play Darkspace so much..
for e.g. i m sure of all of you have heard of a game called homeworld "Game of the year 1999"
It was amazing a really good game i was like you i would rush home to be thinkin cant wait to play it and soon.. i didnt get the kick i was used too.. theres 2 MAIN reasons for this... constant playing = boredom... it happens in just about everything... although MMO gAMESits hard to get bored... but the other reason is the actual game has upgraded itself to what people dont like and some leave and others get bored because of lack of players..

So there is nothin we can do... unless we have something to aim for ie a new rank above Grand Admiral and 3 big juicy ships waiting for the lucky person to get it

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-22 16:48   
simple answer... dont play Darkspace so much..
for e.g. i m sure of all of you have heard of a game called homeworld "Game of the year 1999"
It was amazing a really good game i was like you i would rush home to be thinkin cant wait to play it and soon.. i didnt get the kick i was used too.. theres 2 MAIN reasons for this... constant playing = boredom... it happens in just about everything... although MMO gAMESits hard to get bored... but the other reason is the actual game has upgraded itself to what people dont like and some leave and others get bored because of lack of players..

So there is nothin we can do... unless we have something to aim for ie a new rank above Grand Admiral and 3 big juicy ships waiting for the lucky person to get it

r3dj4ck
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-22 17:08   
Sounds like you've hit a bit of a burnout phase Litany. I sympathize with you.

I'd suggest you take a break for a bit and think about whether you still enjoy this past time. Despite it's problems DS is a great game and it has some pretty great people playing and developing it. But all of that really means squat if the current style of game play is just ticking you off.

Obiwan Kenobi
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-22 22:17   
well im looking at about 28 or so more days of subscription to play out. might just take a break from it for a bit to finish my scratch built thunderhawk for my blood ravens. i still have a 2 wks coupon in my email. perhaps like you guys said i just need to step back and wait to see if it still tickles my fancy so to speak. until then, no mercy in the mv.

Email Obiwan Kenobi
unknown force
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-22 23:14   
Variety is important. If you play on the MV, try the newbie server for a change or vice versa. If you fly combat, try engineering or bombing for a change.
Then there are always other factions to play as in the MV if you have been on one faction exclusively.
I have been playing for years now and still enjoy the game. I am looking forward to playing as ICC and UGTO in the MV down the road when I have played the Kluth enough to know all the ships.

[ This Message was edited by: unknown force on 2005-07-22 23:15 ]

Page created in 0.034885 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR